Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Does God hate sinners?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Does God hate sinners? excellentposter
A minister friend of mine preached this past Sunday that God Hates Sinners. After his introduction starting with Psalm 5:5, "...Thou dost hate all who do iniquity". He continued to give many scriptures that seem to say that God hates sinners, not just the sin. And, that God's love is conditional.

I am having trouble getting my head and heart around this. Have you ever preached that God hates sinners? And, Do you belive that God hates sinners?
Friendly Face
5/3/11 1:52 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Yes he does. Apparently God is able to balance both love and hate, both grace and judgment, without being unjust in any way to anyone. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/3/11 1:55 pm

Post PastorJackson
no God does not hate the person he hates the sin. He loves us so much he gave Jesus to die in our place so no he does not hate us. AKA westboura Baptist. I can find nothing that says God hates the person. He hates iniquity and injustice not the person.
http://www.facebook.com/jackson.plant
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/3/11 2:20 pm

Post Re: Does God hate sinners? PastorJackson
excellentposter wrote:
A minister friend of mine preached this past Sunday that God Hates Sinners. After his introduction starting with Psalm 5:5, "...Thou dost hate all who do iniquity". He continued to give many scriptures that seem to say that God hates sinners, not just the sin. And, that God's love is conditional.

I am having trouble getting my head and heart around this. Have you ever preached that God hates sinners? And, Do you belive that God hates sinners?
Did he give any scriptures from the new testament?
5/3/11 2:21 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
The New Testament (to say nothing of the Old) has plenty of references to the indignation and wrath God has towards sin and sinners. Perhaps a slight difference from "hate," but God's hatred of evildoers and wrath towards them quite similar.

Yes He certainly always would prefer to show mercy where possible, but his wrath without question abides on those who believe not, because of their sin.

John 3:36 “He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/3/11 2:43 pm

Post Romans 5:8 JStephenConn
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
5/3/11 2:49 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Yes, and that is why I said in my earlier post that God is somehow able to balance the two. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/3/11 2:51 pm

Post The strict Constructionis
PastorJackson wrote:
no God does not hate the person he hates the sin. He loves us so much he gave Jesus to die in our place so no he does not hate us. AKA westboura Baptist. I can find nothing that says God hates the person. He hates iniquity and injustice not the person.

However, God is not going to separate them from their sin on judgment day. He is going to judge the one who sinned, and pour out His wrath on them. God is angry at the wicked every day. Their sin still caused wrath and indignation to well up within God's heart. He has, in his great love, delayed that judgment for a future day because he is willing that none should perish. He gets no joy from the death of the wicked.
5/3/11 3:31 pm

Post diakoneo
Quote:
PastorJackson Posted: 5/3/11 2:21 pm Post subject: Re: Does God hate sinners?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

excellentposter wrote:

Did he give any scriptures from the new testament?

Did God change from the Old to the New testament? I thought, He is the God that doesn't change.

Maybe we too often try to wrap God in a cliché like ...God hates sin, but loves the sinner. I haven't found that in the scripture yet.

God can do anything, He could separate the sin from the sinner and throw it into hell, couldn't He?

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Matthew 12:34. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. Seem to indicate a connection of the sin to the sinner. If God hates sin then...?

Here is another interesting scripture which seems to intimate that there may even be some folks sitting on the pews that God hates:
Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 17. A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18. An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 19. A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. Shocked
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/3/11 5:43 pm

Post My Daddy RaceForTheCure
who most of you know is almost PERFECT in my eyes has told me my whole life "God does not hate sinners, He hates sin". If he hated sinners then why would He want them in His house on Sunday (or any day) seeking salvation. God hates sin - not sinners.
And I know He watches me
Get to know me and my wonderful family.
Rona
http://www.picasaweb.google.com/facesofwls
Acts Mod
5/3/11 6:46 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
He hates them enough to let them feel convicted under his righteous indignation and wrath, so that they will turn to Him and be saved.

He loves them enough to have made a way of salvation for all who will come to Him in repentance and faith.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/3/11 6:48 pm

Post Re: My Daddy The strict Constructionis
RaceForTheCure wrote:
who most of you know is almost PERFECT in my eyes has told me my whole life "God does not hate sinners, He hates sin". If he hated sinners then why would He want them in His house on Sunday (or any day) seeking salvation. God hates sin - not sinners.

Why then does not say on judgment day, "I love YOU, but I hate your sin. Therefore I'm going to cast your SIN into the lake of fire but I'm letting YOU enter Heaven"?

On that day God will show his wrath, indignation, and HATRED not only to SIN, but to the SINNER. He won't say, "It breaks my heart to do this. I can't watch!!" No. He will say "Depart from me you worker of iniquity, for I never knew you!!" and according to Psalm 2, her will LAUGH at them! He is coming back to take VENGEANCE !!
5/3/11 9:22 pm

Post Link
God hates workers of iniquity.
God loved Jacob and hated Esau.
5/3/11 10:12 pm

Post PastorJackson
Link wrote:
God hates workers of iniquity.
God loved Jacob and hated Esau.
ok very good verse
5/3/11 11:08 pm

Post Link
Can God hate sinners, but love them at the same time? God hates workers of iniquity, but He loved the world enough to send His Son.

Is it possible to love and hate at the same time?

Sounds like counseling a marriage when parties are threatening divorce.
5/5/11 5:23 am

Post diakoneo
Link wrote:
Can God hate sinners, but love them at the same time? God hates workers of iniquity, but He loved the world enough to send His Son.

Is it possible to love and hate at the same time?

Sounds like counseling a marriage when parties are threatening divorce.

Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
5/5/11 7:05 am

Post Eduardo Nieves
PastorJackson wrote:

Thumb Up I agree with PJ.
Romanos 8:37
37 Sin embargo, en todo esto somos más que vencedores por medio de aquel que nos amó.

"A Church Without Walls, A Place for All People"
El Nuevo Mana
Eduardo Nieves
5/5/11 8:29 am

Post MFWKC
We do not need a New Testament verse for this. God does not change.
Are we trying to suggest that God matured from the Old to the New?

Just to be clear, this is what God can do, because he can do it correctly.

We are instructed to love. Do not confuse the two. We are not God. We are not just. We are not holy. We are not righteous. We ARE sinners.

Outside of accepting what He did for us, through the death of Jesus, we are in the same boat. We must accept it with repentance and faith.

Our morality and religion is just as sinful to God. If we think we are without sin, then we have pride and we move to the front of the sin bus.
Acts-celerater
5/5/11 9:08 am

Post fortheleastofthese
God hates sinners so much that He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die for them/us.

That makes sense right?
Acts Enthusiast
5/5/11 11:08 am

Post diakoneo
fortheleastofthese wrote:
God hates sinners so much that He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die for them/us.

That makes sense right?

1 Cor. 1:25 because the foolishness of God is wiser than men...

His ways and thoughts are as high as the heavens, higher than ours.
5/5/11 12:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic