Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Will you be voting for G. D. McGuire?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you be voting for G. Dennis McGuire to return as PB?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 22 ]
No
78%
 78%  [ 78 ]
Total Votes : 100

Message Author
Post Will you be voting for G. D. McGuire? ActsBishop
Has the recent news of Bill George and Grant McClungs positions being stripped from them affected who you will vote for?
“Even now, Jesus has a miracle for you! Even now, He’s a shelter from the storm you’re going through! DON’T GIVE UP, DON’T BE DISCOURAGED, DON’T EVEN BE AFRAID, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS HERE RIGHT NOW, TO MAKE A WAY!”
Acts Enthusiast
7/13/06 12:33 pm

Post ActsBishop
Please be in Prayer that God will do a new thing and shake things up during the GA. After the recent news of George and McClung who I love and respect I must say I am concerned and very weary with the top leadership of the Church of God.

Let's pray that God will have his way and a change will be made or that God will change us and help us see a bigger picture where all of this makes sense.
“Even now, Jesus has a miracle for you! Even now, He’s a shelter from the storm you’re going through! DON’T GIVE UP, DON’T BE DISCOURAGED, DON’T EVEN BE AFRAID, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS HERE RIGHT NOW, TO MAKE A WAY!”
Acts Enthusiast
7/13/06 12:40 pm

Post Scott Simms
ActsBishop wrote:
Please be in Prayer that God will do a new thing and shake things up during the GA. After the recent news of George and McClung who I love and respect I must say I am concerned and very weary with the top leadership of the Church of God.

Let's pray that God will have his way and a change will be made or that God will change us and help us see a bigger picture where all of this makes sense.

I agree with you completely, I said this once before on here but you have put it much more eloquently than I did.
Acts Enthusiast
7/13/06 12:56 pm

Post Never have...never will J W Buckaroo
I didn't vote for him to return as my AB.
I have never voted for him for any position.
I don't reckon I will start voting for him now after these latest stunts.
Friendly Face
7/13/06 1:21 pm

Post Dennis McGuire has only 1 vote on the Exec. Committee... palmettobishop
Apparently, if these reports are accurate, there are some changes going on in Cleveland; however, our General Overseer, has only ONE vote as does each member of the Executive Committee and nothing can be passed with three of the five members voting for it.

Therefore, don't jump to conclusions about McGuire so quickly. Don't judge a matter unless you know the reasons for the decision according the Proverbs. Too many on Actscelerate are too quick to jump to conclusions with any factual knowledge of the logic or rationale behind decisions that are being made.

These are controversial decisions, if they are accurate, and I am thankful that we have at least three of the five who are willing to take a without being afraid of potential political "fallout" and people getting on the internet and second their decisions as some are doing here.
Hey, DOC
7/13/06 1:42 pm

Post Yes, I will be voting for G. Dennis McGuire for palmettobishop
Presiding Bishop for the Church of God because I want to allow an opportunity the changes that were expressed in the forums to be implemented by him.

For years we have talked about the need for change. We now have a General Overseer/Presiding Bishop who is willing to be an agent of change.

McGuire
Culpepper
Hagan
Walker
Hill

Two more years...
Hey, DOC
7/13/06 1:48 pm

Post Yes, I will Worker4Christ
He's bringing change like some of you say you want. Change means things and positions do not remain as they are. No matter what decisions are made DM doesn't make them by himself others have to agree, vote and approve for anything to actually happen.
He's just been bold enough to bring the ideas to the table.

You said you wanted change, you got it. It may not be the change you had in mind but things are a changing Wink
Friendly Face
7/13/06 2:42 pm

Post Re: Will you vote for D. McGuire? kipper
No Newbie
7/13/06 3:26 pm

Post Absolutely Not COGLite
We need change not his kind of change. We need forward change not changed back to the days of Tomlinson. Friendly Face
7/13/06 3:50 pm

Post Not Again GuideOne
I voted for him last time because he promised progressive change. I had no idea he would come up with doing away our right to vote for leaders and extending terms of office for EC members.

I have never been so disappointed with a General Overseer.
Friendly Face
7/13/06 3:56 pm

Post Whine, whine, whine deskjet7
Do you really want change or not? Let's face it folks, change is not really what you wanted or you would be in support of our PB.

He can not just do whatever as some suppose he is doing. There is an executive committee that together make the decisions. There are boards in each department. Yes there may be one or two at the most on the ex. com. that voted another way, but the majority carries. That's the way it has always been.

There has to be more to the stories being shared on this board. Don't take just the one side of what you hear. Weigh out the whole matter.

Get a grip guy's, you are to nervous. When it all comes down to it, if general or state offices fell off the earth, there isn't one thing in our local church that would change. We would continue to minister as we have in the past. Most of you would be the same.

Now what will you do, attack me too!
Acts Enthusiast
7/13/06 4:29 pm

Post Yes Brian Wade
Along with the Executive Committee that is now in place.
7/13/06 9:23 pm

Post Re: Yes, I will be voting for G. Dennis McGuire for DHDRabbi
palmettobishop wrote:
Presiding Bishop for the Church of God because I want to allow an opportunity the changes that were expressed in the forums to be implemented by him.

For years we have talked about the need for change. We now have a General Overseer/Presiding Bishop who is willing to be an agent of change.

McGuire
Culpepper
Hagan
Walker
Hill

Two more years...

Yep, he's changing things alright. George and McClung to name two.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/13/06 11:21 pm

Post Yes! 4thgeneration
In my assessment of the proposed agenda it seems clear to me that this comes as a collaborative of the E Committee and the E Council. This includes many more men than just Dr. McGuire. So if you don't like the agenda and it's proposed changes you need to vote out the whole bunch.
But I like Dr. McGuire's grit. He is not as polished a speaker as some of those other guys. He has said some things in support, defense, or explanation of the proposals that I didn't agree with. But he hasn't sat on his laurels sending out lofty ideas of change without backing them up with agenda items to discuss and vote on at the GA. And good to his word there is an item allowing us to reduce the amount local churches send in. It may not be your choice for how to reduce, but it is there and we can discuss, amend and vote on the matter. I appreciate his willingness to put his future as PB on the line by making hard decisions and proposing sweeping change. I will vote yes on some and no on others- but unlike last Assembly I at least have something of substance to vote on!
And in a day when so many are attacking our pentecostal heritage and beliefs I appreciate the fact that he is unashamedly pentecostal and willing to speak out as such from his position as PB. And I agree with him, we are pentecostal, we believe in speaking with other tongues, and if you don't there are plenty of other denominations/churches you can be a part of. Don't water down ours to try and make us comfortable for you.
That is just my O!
And my vote will be for DM.
Acts Enthusiast
7/14/06 1:58 pm

Post No. Anakrino
I do not support his vision.
7/14/06 2:26 pm

Post Yes, I Will Vote for GDMcGuire forPB RedOctober
No, I'm not favoring a lot of the GA Agenda!

No, I do not understand the apparent dismissal of Grant McClung, nor do I approve! But I do not intend to compound the apparent wrong, by being retaliatory and harsh in my own personal response to it. The same might be said for the decision concerning the Evangel Editor. Getting even is for worldlings!

That said, I will vote for the PB!

And in the same order, for Culpepper, Hagan, Walker and Hill!

To vote them out, in whole or in part, means we have to pay moving expenses somewhere, and moving expenses for any successors, which is really lousy stewardship of $$$$ resources.

And then we have to wait for the new guy(s) to learn their turf, and how they function as the EC! More lousy stewardship, of time and talent! And then they have to learn how to function wherever we send them next. More nonsense!

So I am going to vote for all of them to stay in office two more years!

Nuff said for now!

7/14/06 2:34 pm

Post NO and DM is not just one vote on the EC heretostaycog
I will not be voting for DM at all.

Palmetto was wrong when he said DM is just one vote on the EC. His leadership style is one in which he doesn't give room for opinions or votes. Any opinions or discussion on issues he brings anywhere results in being labeled rebellious.

He is attempting to bring our denomination back down to size where he can control everyone and everything.
7/14/06 2:34 pm

Post You Should Vote To Return Every EC Member But D G McGuire chericog
We gave DM his chance two years ago and he has responded by showing not vision but calculated methods of smothering leadership and destroying vision.

I am disappointed that he has not been kept accountable by the other committee members and council of 18, but somewhat understand by Dm's mean approach to leading. He takes advantage of everyone fear to not go back another situation like occurred when BW was GO and no will challenge him.
7/14/06 2:55 pm

Post OneBishopsOpinion
IMHO...The post results with 81% voting against will show how "out of touch" or "what a minority" people who post of this board are in the schema of things. DM will be re-elected as history shows us. When it happens the 81% will know they are in the minority.

I have no opinion of current leadership. I am not in favor or against them. My life has not been effected one way or another by any leadership choices over the past two years.
7/14/06 4:57 pm

Post DHDRabbi
Just because one votes in the minority doesn't mean that they're out of touch. If that was true, and a vote was taken in the Christian world, Pentecostals would be considered out of touch. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/14/06 5:28 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic