Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Would you let some who drinks join your church?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post krista
Lord Chancellor wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
My response was to you, not Jesus. You clearly took that Scripture out of context.

No, he didn't. Sorry.

As always you are wrong. Of course he took it out of context!!
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/8/11 3:19 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
Lord Chancellor wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
My response was to you, not Jesus. You clearly took that Scripture out of context.

No, he didn't. Sorry.

So based on that assumption, you would have no problem drinking sulfuric acid?
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
3/8/11 3:26 pm

Post Re: Would you let some who drinks join your church? Kyle Morrow
Lord Chancellor wrote:

What about those who wish to become members (or who are members) who do not abstain from coffee and other products which contain caffeine (a habit-forming, mood-altering, addictive chemical substance that the Minutes- in the very same paragraph- just as clearly says we are to abstain from)?

Are they allowed to become members, and if so, why and why them and not those who moderately consume alcohol?

Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
3/8/11 3:27 pm

Post Re: Would you let some who drinks join your church? MARK317
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Lord Chancellor wrote:

What about those who wish to become members (or who are members) who do not abstain from coffee and other products which contain caffeine (a habit-forming, mood-altering, addictive chemical substance that the Minutes- in the very same paragraph- just as clearly says we are to abstain from)?

Are they allowed to become members, and if so, why and why them and not those who moderately consume alcohol?

You have that right. I get the impression Lord Chancelor is angry about something. I read a few of his posts and he never has anything good to say. Is he a Pastor?
Acts-celerater
3/8/11 3:35 pm

Post krista
Lord Chancellor wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:

No, he didn't. Sorry.

I get the impression you are avoiding me LC. Can't we kiss and make up?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/8/11 3:37 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
I don't want to out anyone on here, but I will say this. Lord Chancellor and I disagree on a lot of things, and he comes across very arrogant and sarcastic on this message board, but I do consider him a friend, and he is very good at what he does in the ministry! Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
3/8/11 3:38 pm

Post Re: Would you let some who drinks join your church? krista
MARK317 wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Lord Chancellor wrote:

You have that right. I get the impression Lord Chancelor is angry about something. I read a few of his posts and he never has anything good to say. Is he a Pastor?

He's not angry. He just doesn't like the COG. And he's a COG Pastor....go figure. Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/8/11 3:46 pm

Post bradfreeman
Kyle Morrow wrote:

This is what I believe the context is:

Jesus is saying that what we put in our mouths doesn't make us bad people. Therefore, to disqualify someone from church membership for what they put in their mouths doesn't make sense.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
3/8/11 4:04 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
bradfreeman wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:

Jesus is saying that what we put in our mouths doesn't make us bad people. Therefore, to disqualify someone from church membership for what they put in their mouths doesn't make sense.

So it's okay to smoke crack?
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
3/8/11 4:12 pm

Post Re: Would you let some who drinks join your church? PastorJackson
krista wrote:
MARK317 wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Lord Chancellor wrote:

He's not angry. He just doesn't like the COG. And he's a COG Pastor....go figure. Laughing

I know LC he is a good guy at heart (cough cough), lol He is trying to make this a little entertaining. Thats all. Right LC did I do good? Very Happy Twisted Evil
http://www.facebook.com/jackson.plant
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/8/11 4:15 pm

Post Link
Lord Chancellor wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Lord Chancellor wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:

No, he didn't. Sorry.

Oh dear Mary, mother of Jesus. Seriously?

Are you praying to Mary, or just using the name of our Lord Jesus in a flippant manner?
3/8/11 4:25 pm

Post krista
Lord Chancellor wrote:
Link wrote:
Lord Chancellor wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Lord Chancellor wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:

No, he didn't. Sorry.

Oh dear Mary, mother of Jesus. Seriously?

Are you praying to Mary, or just using the name of our Lord Jesus in a flippant manner?

Neither.

So you're either praying to Mary or you .......oh never mind.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/8/11 4:40 pm

Post bradfreeman
Kyle Morrow wrote:
bradfreeman wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:

So it's okay to smoke crack?

Crack goes in your lungs, not your stomach. Wink Seriously, the spiritual issues regarding anything we consume are threefold: (1) Does it control us--addiction, (2) moderation--self control and (3) causing a weaker brother to stumble--love.

(1) Addiction -- 1 Cor. 6:12
(2) Self control -- Gal. 5:23; Philip. 4:5
(3) Love -- Rom. 14:21; 1 Cor. 8:9; 1 Cor. 10:32

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
3/8/11 5:14 pm

Post steel
If you found out a member was drinking would you disfellowship them? Golf Cart Mafia Associate
3/8/11 6:43 pm

Lord Chancellor wrote:
MARK317 wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Lord Chancellor wrote:

Not angry, here. Just amused at the casuistry displayed by some. Wink

It's gets really funny when someone says they wouldn't take in members because they don't abide by the Practical Commitments, when they themselves, deny what the Practical Commitments clearly and explicitly say and don't abide by them.

That's funny stuff.

So being a Pastor of the Church of God, how do you take in members if you disagree with the minutes? Isn't that hypocritcal? Seems the only funny stuff going on here is the hypocrisy on your part. After reading your posts, for the life of me I can't understand being part of an organization, but then to be so angry and mean toward it. To me it isn't funny, it's so sad.
Acts-celerater
3/8/11 9:27 pm

Post MARK317
steel wrote:
If you found out a member was drinking would you disfellowship them?

Not sure, but if up to me I would ask a Minister to turn in their credentials if I found out they were promoting it.
Acts-celerater
3/8/11 9:30 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Kyle Morrow wrote:
I don't want to out anyone on here, but I will say this. Lord Chancellor and I disagree on a lot of things, and he comes across very arrogant and sarcastic on this message board, but I do consider him a friend, and he is very good at what he does in the ministry!

You sure did just "out" him because you only have one friend.

Very Happy Just jivin'
Acts-pert Poster
3/8/11 9:56 pm

Lord Chancellor wrote:
MARK317 wrote:
Lord Chancellor wrote:
MARK317 wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Lord Chancellor wrote:

It's gets really funny when someone says they wouldn't take in members because they don't abide by the Practical Commitments, when they themselves, deny what the Practical Commitments clearly and explicitly say and don't abide by them.

That's funny stuff.

So being a Pastor of the Church of God, how do you take in members if you disagree with the minutes?

The same way you do.

I seriously doubt that. After reading some of your posts, I realize we are nothing alike. I would never serve my Church angry and disgruntled as you do. If I got to that point, I believe I would look elsewhere. Just my opinion, but that is the vibe you give out on the board.
Acts-celerater
3/9/11 10:26 am

Post Link
LC,

Do you indulge in caffeinated beverages?
3/9/11 1:34 pm

Lord Chancellor wrote:
MARK317 wrote:
Lord Chancellor wrote:
MARK317 wrote:
Lord Chancellor wrote:
MARK317 wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Lord Chancellor wrote:

That's funny stuff.

So being a Pastor of the Church of God, how do you take in members if you disagree with the minutes?

The same way you do.

I seriously doubt that. After reading some of your posts, I realize we are nothing alike. I would never serve my Church angry and disgruntled as you do. If I got to that point, I believe I would look elsewhere. Just my opinion, but that is the vibe you give out on the board.

Don't doubt it, friend. It seems to be a fact, based on what you have said. I would take in members who drink (in moderation and without being drunkards) despite the fact that Practical Commitments says we are to abstain from alcohol the VERY same way you take in members who consume caffeine despite the fact that the Practical Commitments says that we are to abstain from all habit-forming, mood-altering, addictive chemical substances.

And I'm not angry nor disgruntled. The only reason you even say that is because some parody pen name spouted it off in another post on the last page. That person is not here to participate in discussion but rather to be a contrarian and stir the pot with ridiculous statements. The person does not address issues, because the person has no desire to, nor answer for them. Instead, the poster just throws out PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER WORD to see if someone else will take the bait, which you have done in this instance.

I may disagree with a few things (a very few things), but my voicing disagreement doesn't equate being disgruntled and angry at the Church. Although, there is one issue (and only one that I can think of) that does cause me to be angry, but this thread isn't about that.

I have read a few posts of others that refer to you as a master of sarcasm. And I agree that much of what you write is strong opinions that seem to put others down who even mildly disagree with you. I can't speak for others, but there is an obvious anger issue here you should deal with. The practical commitments are the same ones you became a Minister under. It just seems so incredible to now be so vocal about them.
Acts-celerater
3/10/11 11:06 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic