Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

FL COG Office couldn't make payroll?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Bishop of Acts
Carroll Lee in Lake City deserves to be on the state council in FL. Acts-celerater
10/19/10 8:11 pm

Post I'm Just Glad We Don't Have A Tenn or N. GA Council Nuffsed
Or we would be more broke than we are now. Friendly Face
10/22/10 1:18 pm

Post Perks for Overseers GuideOne
I am not surprised to see the N. Ga. perks. Im not surprised in Tenn....
These leaders feel they are entitled and the wife of Tenn. Overseer is very bold about her perks.

If they want to retire....good.....Dont burden the local church with their last days. Same is true with the previous overseer of Florida.

If State Councils in all 3 states agree to this stupid waste of the tithe dollar, then vote them out.

I am not going to support this waste of the tithe dollar.
Friendly Face
10/22/10 2:24 pm

Post entitlement and apathy aprilmay
these are the new "pride" and "sloth"

on a separate note (jk) any of you Florida boys know anything about ft myers? any sales? any mergers? just wonderin.
Acts Enthusiast
10/22/10 8:18 pm

Post aprilmay... iknownothing
I heard that the COG was being very "Trusty" in Ft. Myers in a church merger. Friendly Face
10/22/10 9:45 pm

Post Re: aprilmay... Bishop of Acts
iknownothing wrote:
I heard that the COG was being very "Trusty" in Ft. Myers in a church merger.

I don't know about a merger with "trusty", I do know that the old covenant church that the pastor took independent was being used by Roy Love, which is now being sold. The N Ft Myers building is now going to house the church Love started. Or is that money that the property is being sold used for cleremont?
Acts-celerater
10/23/10 2:14 am

Post uhhhh... aprilmay
not sure exactly what you mean by trusty situation. I was referring to the word that the pastor left and went independent and both churches were being sold to help Tampa. maybe I'm wrong. Acts Enthusiast
10/23/10 2:08 pm

Post Ft. Myers may be the next Clermont GuideOne
We spent a great deal of money in Clermont and Ft. Myers may be the next place to dig the financial hole deeper. Friendly Face
10/25/10 6:00 am

Post Florida Finances Could Get Worse Alan Wagoner
That is if they don't get the right person to lead River Hills in Tampa. The congregation has dwindled down to a little more than 300 on Sundays and they still have a multimillion dollar debt. It is hard for a small church to pay their kind of mortgage payment.

And if they have to pull for money week after week the congregation will dwindle even more.
Friendly Face
10/26/10 1:13 pm

Post It Is No Wonder They Can't Make Payroll Nuffsed
I just took a look at the Florida September 2010 statistics from the FL State Office website and found some interesting trends. There are a number of smaller churches located in small communities that have a much higher amount of tithes compared to attendance.

Such as:

Alton 135 attendance $21,102 tithes or $156.31 per person
Callahan 137 attendance $17.757 tithes or $129.61 per person
Chockoloskee 78 attendance $10,560 tithes $135.38 per person

Compare those to churches with 5-10 times the size and you will see something amiss.

Tampa City Life 827 attendance $57,229 tithes $69.20 per person
Lakeland Abundant 975 attendance $60,000 tithes $61.53 per person
Largo 567 attendance $ 5,196 tithes $9.16 per person
Ocala Wings 603 attendance $33,433 tithes $55. 44 per person

Perhaps people just make a whole lot more money in the small rural areas of FL than they do in our larger cities. Or maybe something else is going on that is costing the state big money.
Friendly Face
10/31/10 8:15 am

Post Acts Handle
After further review.....this thread has been reversed and is now back on the main board. First and ten..... Friendly Face
11/2/10 1:14 pm

Post I'm just wondering... roughridercog
if this thread has more views than any other threads in Acts history
11/2/10 1:20 pm

Post I'm just wondering... roughridercog
if this thread has more views than any other threads in Acts history
11/2/10 1:20 pm

Post After further review... Bishop of Acts
I wanted to give accurate statistics for the churches in FL. It looks to me like specific churches were singled out for whatever reason. The avg median for tithes in FL is $60 to $75 per person. The three examples given for the smaller churches are not the norm. They always have had strong tithes and missions. One of the churches just recently broke a tithe record. So to play fair let's look at some of the other churches in FL.

Crystal River 476 in attendance $34,319 in tithes avg of $72 per person
Cooper City 1087 in attendance $109,138 in tithes avg of $100 per person
Davie 221 in attendance $14,926 in tithes avg of $67 per person
Deerfield 77 in attendance $2,931 in tithes avg of $38 per person
Dundee 210 in attendance $17,475 in tithes avg of $83 per person
Eastpoint 270 in attendance $26,095 in tithes avg of $96 per person
FT Myers 196 in attendance $10,125 in tithes avg of $51 per person
Gainesville 288 in attendance $18,689 in tithes avg $64 per person
Homestead 276 in attendance $14,464 in tithes avg of $53 per person
Kissimmee 198 in attendance $10,025 in tithes avg of $50
Largo 447 in attendance $38,141 in tithes avg of $85 per person
Melbourne 325 in attendance $22,825 in tithes avg of $70 per person
Newberry 260 in attendance $15,561in tithes avg of $60 per person
Orlando West Oaks 172 in attendance $5,557 in tithes avg of $32 per person
Orlando New Life 311 in attendance $6,240 in tithes avg of $20 per person
Palm Bch Gdns 495 in attendance $33,104 in tithes avg of $66 per person
Palmetto 175 in attendance $8,691 in tithes avg of $51 per person
Plant City 729 in attendance $92,472 in tithes avg of $126 per person
Pinellas Park 272 in attendance $7,800 in tithes avg of $28 per person
Williston 532 in attendance $38,954 in tithes avg of $73 per person
Winter Haven 327 in attendance $21,535 in tithes avg of $65 per person
Zephyrhills 167 in attendance $4,066 in tithes avg of $24 per person

The avg of these 22 churches is $75 per person.

There are 113 churches in FL that are delinquent on tithes of tithes right now. I am sure there are some churches that aren't "reporting right" in the tithes of tithes. However, I doubt it seriously. Again the avg median is $60 to $75 per person UNDER NORMAL circumstances. If you find a church that is way beneath that number, then you might have the "problem" with TOT. The real problem is the missing funds from said churches that are late. If all the churches in FL would send TOT as they are supposed to, then FL state office wouldn't have any problem with payroll.

Someone post stats from other states for comparison sake.
Acts-celerater
11/2/10 2:29 pm

Post Re: Perks for Overseers georgiapath
GuideOne wrote:
I am not surprised to see the N. Ga. perks. Im not surprised in Tenn....
These leaders feel they are entitled and the wife of Tenn. Overseer is very bold about her perks.

If they want to retire....good.....Dont burden the local church with their last days. Same is true with the previous overseer of Florida.

If State Councils in all 3 states agree to this stupid waste of the tithe dollar, then vote them out.

I am not going to support this waste of the tithe dollar.

There is no way Don Walker will retire as long as he can keep making this kind of money.
Acts-dicted
11/3/10 4:46 am

Post State Minister's Meeting is going on? iknownothing
This is the week of the FL Ministers Meeting and look for the whole council to be replaced! I also have been told that the YCE budget has been slashed b/c of no $$. When I say slashed, Dusty is having to raise all monies used by YCE!
Jim Stephens was handed a MESS! Poor ole' JDS! God be with him.
Friendly Face
11/3/10 9:30 am

Post 20,000 views!! aprilmay
unbelievable. youd think this was about whos getting elected at General Assembly or something.

lol

here's the real kicker- all those replies and not one from Travis Johnson. He's mr. florida!! I guess he knows which fights to fight and which ones to stay out of.

There's wisdom from TJ.
Acts Enthusiast
11/3/10 2:38 pm

Post a behind the scenes phone call aprilmay
(this is all in jest. nobody get mad or ban happy. think of it as a roast)

Tom: Hello?

Travis: Hey Tom cat its me T-bone.

Tom: Hey T-bone whats shakin my brotha?

Travis: Tom, did you see I finally got drug into the FL cant make payroll thread on acts?

Tom: yeah bummer. I know you were trying to avoid that one

Travis: I know. I REALLY want to be on the state council but I'm stuck down here in North Cuba. I probably have a better chance of getting on in the Havanna district.

Tom: Dude, you totally want to be on the council. I can tell youre sweatin pretty hard. Trust me its worth it. Matching Monogram Polo shirts, golf carts at youth camp, the cool table thats shaped like the state of florida and you get to share secrets with other cool guys on how they get their hair so spiky.

Travis: Tom I dont have any hair but I am dying to get my picture taken by that table. Id stand at the end where miami is.

Tom: I can make it happen.

Travis: Whatever. (pause) You can? How?

Tom: I may have left FT. Myers but Ft. myers hasnt left me.

Travis: what do you mean?

Tom: Look here's the plan. I'll come down to tampa and razzle dazzle on the keyboard and then come out with a "yea I say unto thee Travis Johnson should be on the state council. If you dont vote him in, I'll send 5 hurricanes in Decemeber"

Travis: I dont think thats a good idea. How about this- you get on the thread and list some guys who should be on, but list me first and in bold caps. That should do it.

Tom: Yeah and if it doesnt, I've got a connection with the guy who runs those little vote pads. We can fix it for anything. How do you think Dennis McGuire's name showed up so much at Assembly?

Travis: Youre the best grandpa uh I mean Tom. Thanks man.

Tom: You too travis. Youre my spiritual son. Not like the Eddie long son but you know what I mean.

Travis: I told you not to call me that.

Tom: sorry.

Travis: its cool. I'll remember you in my kingdom

Tom: Thanks man

Travis: gotta go. Ive got 63 people to baptize in alligator infested water.

Tom: Ok. I'll make it happen. see you on the board

Travis: thanks bye.
Acts Enthusiast
11/3/10 5:19 pm

Post The Present Council Is The Problem Clyde Walker
Florida need to do what America did last night. Every member of a council that has no clue about handling God's money needs to go. It is true that perhaps some of them voted against some of the wild spending that has left us in a financial mess but we don't know who they are. The only thing to do is to vote against every man presently on the council. That will send a strong message to the new council. Friendly Face
11/3/10 5:28 pm

Post Travis Johnson
AprilMay,

That clearly didn't happen. I've quit calling Old Man Sterbens on the phone...tired of hearing non-stop droning about the health benefits of double fiber, milquetoast, and the finer points of the proper fitting adult diapers.

Anyway, if this kind of nonsense continues on this thread (my name being invoked by you girls), I'm going to walk into the FL Ministers meeting, grab Dwight Allen's wooden leg and swing it around like a broad sword casting wild aspersions towards people wearing barney purple 12-button suits. I'll legitimize all worries that pastors from the North Cuba district of the white state offices in Florida are unpredictable and sometimes even go so far as to serve Congris, maduros, y pastelitos con cafe con leche in lieu of paper-like Communion wafers and welch's grape juice....and therefore am not to be trusted with greater responsibilities of determining which Disney resort to host the state office & state boards' Christmas party, which was most recently oh so excellently narrated by Doogie Houser.

By the way, I'd prefer to stay out of this discussion going forward so that I can maintain the appearance of my newly conferred mantle of wisdom in avoiding contentious Florida-specific conversations.

Warmest thoughts toward you both (well, mostly toward AprilMay and not so much towards Grandpa Sterbens),

T-bone

PS. If Brenda sends me another 12-pack of vacuum wrapped Skoal Fine Cut Wintergreen Chewing Tobacco for Christmas, I think I'm going to scream. Kelly really doesn't care for the flavor. And the spitoon Brenda recommended and uses at New Hope during service is simply not stable enough for the slanted floors in our church theater.
Acts-dicted
11/3/10 10:42 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic