Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Assembly of God wrestles with speaking in tongues (link)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Daniel Rushing
This is still better than wrestling WHILE speaking in tongues. Cool Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/7/09 3:36 pm

Post Travis Johnson
Honestly, I question our right to stand in any type of authority on Spirit Baptism as we opine from the platforms of our dying American churches. We largely wouldn't know Spirit Baptism if it bit us in the backside...or have no use for it if we received it.

Once we rediscover the substantial evidence of Spirit Baptism, let's come back and talk through what initial evidence is with a fine toothed comb. Or, we could continue talking about what a fishing boat looks like...from the safe confines of a fishing boat museum...arguing over the initial evidence while hardly moving our overly large backsides out of our comfort zones and into the fields where the Spirit MUST fuel us or else.

Maybe I'm bored with the discussion...or, I'm in a crabby mood. Either way, I question our desire to really experience the Holy Spirit. I think we'd much rather pick fights with one another over who is smarter, has better pedigrees, or is more or less Pentecostal. That's much easier than expecting the Holy Spirit to do in us what Jesus said He would do in us when the Holy Spirit comes on us.
Acts-dicted
10/7/09 4:17 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic