Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Did you feel the Swiftboat campaign was wrong?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you feel the Swiftboat campaign was wrong?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

Message Author
Post Did you feel the Swiftboat campaign was wrong? Yo Dude
I did.

It's one thing to detest Kerry's politics. It's another to impugn his honor as a soldier. To basically say he didn't deserve his awards.

That was low.

I'm glad Kerry lost...but that was still wrong.

It would be about like the Democrats saying that McCain really didn't have a very hard time in prison...got special treatment...and so forth.

It's beyond the pale.
Acts-dicted
9/10/08 2:52 pm

Post DHDRabbi
It was done by citizens and not the Republican Party. I guess if entertainers can get on MTV and say that George Bush hates black people and that he is a "retard" then citizens can do what they wish also. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/10/08 2:56 pm

Post Jason Adams
DHDRabbi wrote:
It was done by citizens and not the Republican Party. I guess if entertainers can get on MTV and say that George Bush hates black people and that he is a "retard" then citizens can do what they wish also.

Yo, I guess Rabbi has a hard time reading anything that might be critical of the Republicans.

Yo didn't ask who put the smears out there.

Rabbi, the question was, "Do you think it was wrong?"

Since it worked so well, I guess you don't think it was wrong, huh???
Acts Enthusiast
9/10/08 2:58 pm

Post Then it is a "sin" of omission Wimauma
Lord Chancellor wrote:
Not only was it done by citizens, but by people who actually served with Kerry. They were there. I'd assume they know what happened.

So, no, it wouldn't be like the democrats saying John McCain didn't have a tought time as a POW. The Republican National Party nor GWB had anything to do with it.

Where was the outrage and any attempt to distance themselves from such attacks? Why not step up like Obama has done about keeping families out of the discussion? Nope. Didn't happen. Sounds like a lot of hand washing to me.
9/10/08 3:25 pm

Post DHDRabbi
I'm sorry...I didn't mean to not answer the question. I do not think it was wrong. I believe in Freedom of Speech. They paid for the ads, so they have the right to do it. The problem I have with the entertainers is that they use programs that are paid for by advertising to do their campaigning and blasting of the President. If the entertainers were paying for the time, I have no problem with it. I also don't like buying a ticket to see a concert and the group goes off on a political rant. I don't like it in church either. I don't care who they're for, I didn't come there to hear that. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/10/08 3:32 pm

Post DHDRabbi
Quote:
Why not step up like Obama has done about keeping families out of the discussion?

He says that in public, but sends 30 lawyers to dig up dirt on Palin and her family in Alaska.

Desperation.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/10/08 3:35 pm

Post Swift boat veterans had their say Nature Boy Florida
It would only be comparable to say that "McCain had it easy in prison" if the other prisoners that did time in the Hanoi Hilton said McCain had it easy.

Have any of them said that? Even more so, have a bunch of them said that - because the swift boat veterans were numerous.

Well, J and Yo, how many other Hanoi Hilton attendees said McCain had it easy?

Go ahead and answer with your next post. I'll be looking for it.

If they have, I would post that as a valid critique if I were Obama.

Now Obama calls every questioning of his record a "Swift boat" attack. Perhaps he is correct. Kerry had no defense for his actions that were documented by the swift boat veterans.

Obama has no defense for his small amount of accomplishments that he can point to as a community organizer, state rep, or senator.

He is on the record as voting for "after birth" abortion as a state senator.

What else has he accomplished?

Is it "swift boating" to point that out?
9/10/08 3:49 pm

Post Wimauma
but isn't that still freedom of speech? Capitalism too. No one forced you to go to the show. Although we don't see eye to eye on many things, I generally expect a pretty well thought out response during these discussions. I would think that it is a rare exception that you don't already have an idea of which entertainers will be more aggressively political and which won't. Don't spend your money, choose not to support the sponsors.

Believe it or not, I don't by Kenneth Cole products because of one of his ads that I felt ridiculed gun owners. It was, to me, a smug take on the issue and though I don't disagree with the whole premise, I didn't think the tone or over all conclusions were appropriate.

Is Kenneth Cole hurting? Probably not. But I know my money's not supporting him.

I hope my overall presentation in these political discussions has stayed consistent in that I believe as Christians we should conduct ourselves with humility, love, patience, forgiveness and so forth even when it is politics. I know it's both sides of the aisle that have problems with these issues, but conservatives are at least as bad and tend to directly cloak themselves in a blanket of Christian values and definitely have less reluctance to question a person's (with whom they disagree) faith, spirituality or salvation more than others.

Back to Swiftboat, there is enough information out there to cast doubt on the motives and accuracy of the story they tell that even if they have the right to tell it, why are all of the conservatives defending them so vehemently?

DHDRabbi, you usually go out of your way to expect that the information people bring to this board is substantiated by facts. You are often the first to point to SNOPES to shed some light on the claims many make that are off base. Why would you so strongly defend a group that at best has questionable motives?
9/10/08 3:49 pm

Post Re: Did you feel the Swiftboat campaign was wrong? Irthnvesl
Yo Dude wrote:
I did.

It's one thing to detest Kerry's politics. It's another to impugn his honor as a soldier. To basically say he didn't deserve his awards.

That was low.

I'm glad Kerry lost...but that was still wrong.

It would be about like the Democrats saying that McCain really didn't have a very hard time in prison...got special treatment...and so forth.

It's beyond the pale.

Yo Dude,

I'm with you on this one. That was uncalled for.
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
9/10/08 3:55 pm

Post I checked Snopes (L) DHDRabbi
http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/swift.asp [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/10/08 4:09 pm

Post Re: Did you feel the Swiftboat campaign was wrong? Memory03
no...

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/10/08 7:35 pm

Post Charlie Metz
no
"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matt. 7:13-14
Acts-celerater
9/11/08 7:33 am

Post Yes... Phil Hoover
it was wrong....

www.philhoover-chicago.blogspot.com
Acts-pert Poster
9/11/08 10:14 am

Post Have the Swift Boaters been proven wrong? The strict Constructionis
No, they have not.

Kerry was a fraud and I'm glad he was exposed.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/11/08 10:58 am

Post no AlaskanBishop
My humble opinion on this matter . . . respectfully submitted.

The liberal spin (mass hypnosis, "Jone's Coolaid?") that created the term "swift boating" is amazing. Liberals, repeatedly, choose to believe and propogate lies in order to further their agenda. Reality can be ignored: truth is what they declare to be true. Evolution is true because we say so. Bush is dumb because we say so. Obama is a great leader because we say so. Unborn people aren't human, because we say so. Same sex relations are OK because we say so.
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder. (I know, Michael Savage is crazy, but I like that one line.)
Ps 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.
http://areyoureadyfortherapture.blogspot.com/
Friendly Face
9/11/08 11:42 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic