Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Does your family have devotions together?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does your family have devotions together?
We all have devotions together at least three times a week.
31%
 31%  [ 9 ]
We all have devotions together once or twice a week.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
My spouse and I have devotions together at least three times a week. (The kids are gone/no kids.)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
My spouse and I have devotions together once or twice a week. (The kids are gone/no kids.)
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
I never have devotions with my spouse and/or kids.
37%
 37%  [ 11 ]
Other. (Please explain below if you feel comfortable.)
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

Message Author
Post Does your family have devotions together? shaunbwilson
One of our Acts-celerate family has suggested a poll that I thought would be interesting. He posted a question about a good family devotional book and it made him wonder how many families are having devotions together. For the sake of this poll, this does not include church related devotion but strictly family -- husband, wife, and kids.

Last edited by shaunbwilson on 4/11/06 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin
4/6/06 9:10 am

Post Re: Does your family have devotions together? KariJay
If I had a family...I would...everynight without fail.

It's just me though...so it's just me who does the devotions. Very Happy

I also plan on doing them in any dating relationship I should have in the future...it's important.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
4/7/06 10:02 am

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post Re: Does your family have devotions together? Nightsky4
We have family worship time. Usually after supper while we are still at the table. My husband reads the Bible--we go through book at a time. We recently finished Acts and are now in Matthew. He reads aloud to us and we all discuss it, pulling out commentaries and dictionaries as needed. Then he works with the children and their catechism. We sing hymns in spurts.

As a family we are memorizing the 8th chapter of Romans, so during family worship time is a good time to practice aloud together. I love to hear my children spontaneously start quoting Romans 8 as they go through their day--just all of a sudden sometimes they will start chanting it indoors and out.

Then there is prayer time at the end.

In our homeschool I teach the children Bible. We are currently in Exodus but are taking a break from Exodus to work through a book called The Holiness of God by R. C. Sproul.

It is wonderful to work basic skills into Bible study. We read the Bible, we ask questions of the Bible, we memorize Bible, we write about Bible--outlining, dictation, compositions, etc., we read commentaries and look at maps and check atlases of Bible lands and compare scripture with scripture and interpret our lessons through the Bible. We apply our study of logic to the Bible and theology. We learn about missionaries and other countries and understand why we need to take the gospel to the nations. We apply Bible to our own culture and try to understand our culture in the light of scripture. It is fascinating to study all this with my children.

At night, my husband is reading Children's Pilgrim Progress to our 6 year old daughter. It is a very thought provoking book. He is reading The Lord of the Rings trilogy to our 11 year old son nightly as well.

But Bible study in our family does not stop there. We try to keep Bible in the forefront all day, in every activity--whether we are studying World War I or Grammar or planting the garden--it all has to do with God. I see as one of my highest callings that of helping my children develop a Christian world view--seeing every second of their life and every activity and every thought as intimately related to God.

That is more than you asked for but it is such an important topic.

Blessings,
Nightsky
Watermelon Assassin
4/7/06 11:26 am

Post Re: Does your family have devotions together? HighlyFavoured
We usually sit with the kids before they go to school and they read a Bible story..then we have a paper that we have them repeat after us...I guess Pastor R. Martinez wouldn't like it...cause it is kind of like WOF...LOL...(Just kidding)

Anyway..they about have it memorized...we were riding in the car the other day and my 4 year old was busting out with " I am the head and not the tail" and " The Holy Spirit will help me make the right decisions today"....it was cute.
Acts-celerater
4/8/06 8:43 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Lets renew this poll................ Acts-pert Poster
8/7/07 9:34 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic