Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

We are NOT the Bride of Christ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post We are NOT the Bride of Christ... Yo Dude
at least that's my position on it.

There are verses that can be extrapolated to give us that conclusion, but there are a couple of (I think) bombproof scriptures the other way:

First, we know from Revelation that the bride, the wife of the Lamb, is apparently the New Jerusalem. We may draw conclusions from that, but none strong enough to build a doctrine on.

Further, you'll remember the parable that Jesus told of the marriage supper. How the Father ordered his servants into the highways and byways to find people to ATTEND the marriage supper, NOT serve as the bride!

And, in Revelation this thought is clearly followed on when it speaks of how blessed are those that CALLED TO the marriage supper.

Look, while I'm not going to make a doctrine out of NOT being the bride, neither should anyone make a doctrine OF it! It's tenuous at best, and absolutely false at worst.
Acts-dicted
3/31/06 11:53 am

Post Re: We are NOT the Bride of Christ... Kenny L Flaming
Yo Dude wrote:
....Look, while I'm not going to make a doctrine out of NOT being the bride, neither should anyone make a doctrine OF it! It's tenuous at best, and absolutely false at worst.

Then Why Did you Bring it up-?
Acts Enthusiast
3/31/06 12:36 pm

Post The Dake's Bible curly
Sounds like you have a Dake's Bible like I do. Acts Enthusiast
3/31/06 12:40 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Wardline & Curly... Yo Dude
Curly, because there is a thread that implies that it is believed strongly enough to name a church "The Fellowship of the Bride." Hope that answers your question. Beside when non-doctrine is allowed to co-exist at the same level with doctrine, it creates confusion and often even becomes "accepted" doctrine.

Curly, nope, don't have a Dake's. Does he also claim that we are not the bride of Christ?
Acts-dicted
3/31/06 12:55 pm

Post Yo Dude Kenny L Flaming
I have yet to read one of your postings that deals with biblical doctrine that I can agree with.
You have been involved in 'debates" with several on here and as far as I can see you hold your beliefs as superior to any one else's. And constantly challenge everyone that may disagree with you, but yet you say "I'm not going to make a doctrine out of NOT being the bride.."

And you start a whole new thread about it? If is isn't important enough to make a "doctrine" out of it then let it go!

If the "bride" issue is a "Non-Doctrine" issue then take your own advice "Beside when non-doctrine is allowed to co-exist at the same level with doctrine, it creates confusion and often even becomes "accepted" doctrine. "

(edited for spelling)

Formerly "WardlinePastor"
Acts Enthusiast
3/31/06 1:09 pm

Post Re: We are NOT the Bride of Christ... loechin
Yo you need to GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I may not be The Bride but I am part of the Church that is the Bride.
3/31/06 1:20 pm

Post Loechin... Yo Dude
you have not proven your claim. If you are part of the church that is the bride, please support with clear scripture, and explain the passage in Revelation and how we are invited TO the marriage supper (as attenders apparently, and not as the bride).

Thanks.
Acts-dicted
3/31/06 1:25 pm

Post Wardline... Yo Dude
My point is to KEEP "we are the bride" from becoming, like the faulty pre-trib rapture position, part of the accepted theology/doctrine of the church.

If it is not clear that we are the bride, then we should not build churches, doctrine, or whatever around it.

And if you don't like what I'm having to say, well, I can only say that you are welcome to avoid my posts, my brother (but I hope you won't!).

As for disagreeing with my positions...let's see....

You do NOT believe that God is still speaking to us as He did the early church?

Because one of my doctrinal positions is that He is still speaking to His church--whether we want to acknowledge it as scripture-class or not, a true word from God is just the same as it was then.

Love.
Acts-dicted
3/31/06 1:29 pm

Post Yo Dude, we have been betrothed unto Christ as his Bride BlessedinMsTn
I mean how much more proof do you want.. Paul says that he desires to present unto to Christ as virgins worthy of being the Bride.....

The people who were guest at the wedding are the CHURCH, they are the ones who are saved but they do not walk in an intimate relationship with Christ,, they are saved by faith but they have no works nor rewards due them.,,,, When Jesus returns he said he would render rewards unto every many according to his WORKS, not his faith not his confession but his WORKS,, . . . .

Just as there were twelve disciples at the last supper only ONE was called the bride or the beloved and that was John, why? because he was intimate with he Lord, leaning upon him, desiring to know him,,, when Christ chose to deliver the book of Revelations he revealed it to the Bride, John . . . . .That picture is a perfect picture of the wedding of the Lamb , , , , ,the John company or the ones who walk in his love for God will be called the beloved while the others will be at the wedding they will not be part of the wedding as the Bride of Christ . . . . .

Its this simple,,, every one who has called on the name of the Lord is a Christian, they shall be saved... However when it is time to determine the bride from the church or the sheep from the goat or the tares from the wheat he will tell those who have been saved by calling his name to depart from him into great tribulations . . . . .Now, John saw these people on the other side of the tribulation who had given their lives,, they were saved as by fire according to Paul,, but they were not in the rapture of the Bride . . . . .

If you want to see the Bride in our generation,, the Bride always follows the message of the hour, the revealing of Gods Word . . .In the early 1900's there were a bunch of Baptist who were Bride and they heard the Pentecostal message,, they forsook all, family, friends and reputation to follow hard after this new message,, this further revealing of truth and this is always the tell tell sign of the Bride,, she hears the message for her day and she embraces it and walks in the light of it...

We know from the types that Abraham (the father) desired a Bride for Issac (Jesus) so he sent Eleazar whose names means comforter (the Holy Ghost) to go to Abraham's own people,, not the Chaldean's or the world but the church,, he sent the Holy Ghost to the church to seek a bride out of that church that was worthy to be Issac's wife . . . . .

Her rapture took place when she left her father and mothers home by total faith with this total stranger and took out across the desert alone to see Issac face to face,,,, this was her rapture from the world or the church and she then saw Issac face to face just as we shall see him face to face

If Jesus Christ is the last Adam then we know that we must be the last Eve because we came from the exact same spot that Eve did, the Ribcage of Christ, they pierced his SIDE and from there came forth the Bride of Christ and she was in Christ and she continues to be in Christ....

So you see the church as a system is not the bride, but the church within the church or the church spiritual is the Bride . . .
3/31/06 7:17 pm

Post Check this out....... sheepdogandy
Rev 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Oh yeah, the bride (wife) has made herself ready.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/31/06 10:35 pm

Post Bump! Porpoise Driven Neptune
I just felt this thread deserved to be at the top of the board on April 1st Smile Acts-celerater
4/1/06 4:21 am

Post hmmm..well ijustwanttopraiseGod
not done much studying on that myself....but I plan on being more than just a guest at the marriage supper... Very Happy When I hear the great trumpet, and the bridgegroom 'cometh'...hmmm...well, I'm counting on being the bride He's a coming for!....
Could just be a bunch of things I've heard over the years and the whole concept I have in my brain is completely wrong...BUT
the overall end result is one I believe we should all be striving for and that is to be found worthy of being His bride....striving to be sanctified through His Word and the conviction of the Holy Spirit....

Blessings
4/1/06 8:50 am

Post Are You a Wise Virgin or A Foolish One? Yo Dude
Either answer presupposes, at least according to the parable, that you are NOT the bride, but are going TO the wedding.

Look, I want to be clear...my life would not change one iota if someone could prove we were the Bride. I just don't want a false notion to spring up.

The bride is arrayed in fine linen, which is the righteousness of the saints. Sure. But does that prove WE are the bride? No, because it does not address why the NEW JERUSALEM is called the bride, the wife of the Lamb.

And as for there being a "bride" WITHIN the true church, I can only say that it smack of cultism and even worse. It is akin to the false belief that there are MULTIPLE raptures--and the best saints go first.

There is NO Bible for such a belief. And if someone is claiming revelation on the matter, it does not bear witness with the Spirit. (And to be clear, there are a lot of supposedly BIBLICALLY-BASED doctrines that do not bear witness with the Spirit.)

You are either the church...or you are not. At least that's the light I have on it.
Acts-dicted
4/1/06 11:18 am

Post Hijack!! Bullseye77
Sorry to hijack this thread. The faulty pre-trib rapture position? OK, Biblically disprove it. And while we're at it, the New Jerusalem was prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. The city is not the bride, just adorned like one.
Yo Dude wrote:
My point is to KEEP "we are the bride" from becoming, like the faulty pre-trib rapture position, part of the accepted theology/doctrine of the church.

4/1/06 2:52 pm

Post Re: We are NOT the Bride of Christ... Full Tilt Whitey
Yo Dude wrote:
at least that's my position on it.

There are verses that can be extrapolated to give us that conclusion, but there are a couple of (I think) bombproof scriptures the other way:

First, we know from Revelation that the bride, the wife of the Lamb, is apparently the New Jerusalem. We may draw conclusions from that, but none strong enough to build a doctrine on.

Further, you'll remember the parable that Jesus told of the marriage supper. How the Father ordered his servants into the highways and byways to find people to ATTEND the marriage supper, NOT serve as the bride!

And, in Revelation this thought is clearly followed on when it speaks of how blessed are those that CALLED TO the marriage supper.

Look, while I'm not going to make a doctrine out of NOT being the bride, neither should anyone make a doctrine OF it! It's tenuous at best, and absolutely false at worst.

Other than your last paragraph, I felt your post was good. I don't understand the point of your last paragraph seeing how strongly you obviously feel about it.
Friendly Face
4/1/06 11:04 pm

Post Re: We are NOT the Bride of Christ... notwanghere
Who really cares? What difference does it make? Acts Enthusiast
4/1/06 11:17 pm

Post Bullseye77 Yo Dude
Yes, the New Jerusalem is adorned AS a bride. But in the preceding verses it makes it clear that what is about to be seen IS the bride...and then--viola!--the New Jerusalem appears.

You would be hard-pressed to make a reasonable claim that the New Jerusalem is NOT what is being referred to when the bride (and WIFE of the Lamb) is referred to.

Love.
Acts-dicted
4/2/06 6:39 pm

Post Yo Dude Porpoise Driven Neptune
Are you arguing that if a metaphor is used to denote one thing (ie The Bride to denote the New Jerusalem) in one passage of Scripture then that same metaphor cannot be used to denote something else in another part of Scripture?

Also, you have stated the Church cannot be the Bride because we are pictured as the wedding guests in certain Scriptures. How, you asked, can we be guests to our own wedding? But surely the same logic could be used to argue that Jesus cannot be the Door as He claims (John 10:9) because He stands at the door and knocks (Revelation 3:20). How can Jesus knock at Himself?

I asked these questions in another thread but you chose not to answer them, you just said my logic made you laugh. Maybe, when you've finished laughing again, you could attempt to answer these points.
Acts-celerater
4/3/06 3:10 am

Post The Marriage Takes Place After The Rapture Rev.Mike Bassemier
I'm a true blue pre-trib rapture believer and i also believe that the marriage of the Lamb will take place after the rapture. To be honest I believe we are all in for a BIG surprise. We can split hairs over this all we want but in the end we will know for sure. Acts-celerater
4/3/06 8:03 am

Post Porpoise... Yo Dude
To my recollection, I was not laughing at your logic. I was laughing in that you called MY logic into question.

I do agree that Jesus can be both, say, the sacrifice and the High Priest. We understand and agree on that.

But the difference in the Bride is a bit different I think because the Bible indicates CLEARLY that the New Jerusalem is the bride (wife of the Lamb). Now, that doesn't mean we aren't the Bride--we might indeed be. BUT, let's just be clear that there is not CLEAR scripture that we are.

The ONLY clear scripture we have as to just who the bride is...well, it says that the New Jerusalem is.

Now, it could mean by that the INHABITANTS are the Bride, I don't know. But in any case, we are forced to extrapolate...and we have to be careful on building on that, unless we have a word from God.
Acts-dicted
4/3/06 10:10 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic