Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
@actscelerate Twitter  @actscelerate Facebook  @actscelerate Google+ 

***A Prophetic Message to the Church of God*** (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
   Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Keith, youngbishop81
Travis Johnson wrote:
spartanfan wrote:
we ain't dead so knock off the superspiritual stuff and move on.


Please let the record show that the "emerging" guys are being called "super spiritual" for their participation in running with a prophetic word...for the record.


I was waiting for this one.

Let me fix your statement for you
"please let the record show that the "emerging" guys are "acting" out of character by making every one think they are "super spiritual" to promote there cause for change.
Friendly Face
Posts: 470
3/2/08 6:24 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Is there a contradiciton of information? youngbishop81
[quote="Jamie Noel"]My father, who is a 43 year minister in the COG, recently had an HQ official tell him that the COG was in decline. In fact, this man supported our departure and claimed he would have done the same, given the circumstances.

quote]

Jamie,
Its real easy to come on here and say some Church of God big shot some where said they would do the same thing. This type of junk should not even be allowed on acts. You make your point by refering to some big shot in the Church. However you tell us all the time the reason you left the church was because of Big Shots. Name Dropping your imaginary Big Shot Church of God friend doesn't tell me anything.
Friendly Face
Posts: 470
3/2/08 6:27 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Pete Zefo
previous comment deleted by author...new comment follows...

sigh Confused
Friendly Face
Posts: 304
3/2/08 6:56 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Keith, R. Keith Whitt
youngbishop81 wrote:
Travis Johnson wrote:
spartanfan wrote:
we ain't dead so knock off the superspiritual stuff and move on.


Please let the record show that the "emerging" guys are being called "super spiritual" for their participation in running with a prophetic word...for the record.


I was waiting for this one.

Let me fix your statement for you
"please let the record show that the "emerging" guys are "acting" out of character by making every one think they are "super spiritual" to promote there cause for change.


Dear youngbishop81:

Let me see. I'm guessing you were either born, graduated, or ordained in 81. But wait. If either of the latter two is true, then you aren't young. That must mean that -- wow, you were born the year I started pastoring! If I'm right, I find that amusing and terribly enlightening!

Sorry, my ADD (which I prefer to think of as a really fertile synaptic process...) kicked in and I got sidetracked.

Anyway, I re-checked the quote and you have greatly misconstrued the subject at hand and wronged Travis, if not others.

1. Tis not polite (and is academic suicide; I would fail you for that alone if you were in one of my classes!) to attribute a quote to someone that did not make it.

2. Generalizations are the mark of a weak argument.

3. Attribution of false motives is sinful (James 4:11, 12). Who's "acting" out of character -- and can you prove it?

4. Cheap shots while cowering behind a pseudonym are unbecoming a bishop (1 Tim 3:2).

Travis certainly does not need me to defend him, so let me point out that this post is motivated by my offense at your attitude and flippant approach. If you can't debate the subject intelligently and with integrity, perhaps you should rethink the arena in which you share your thoughts.

Keith
_________________
R. Keith Whitt
Acts-celerater
Posts: 684
3/2/08 8:37 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post stp89
Hey, this can't be a true prophecy for us in the COG because it didn't begin with "yay I say unto thee". On these grounds alone, I am skeptical Razz

(I had to interject some humor here, the discussion is getting so heated Wink Laughing )
Acts Enthusiast
Posts: 1248
3/2/08 8:53 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: INHO curly
JLA777 wrote:
I have to agree with what you wrote here perfectjoy. And even if he did, I would like to believe after the intercession she would be healed.
I mean, doesn't this go against “that He Himself bore our sickness and disease?”
Why then would He put a disease on someone to prove a point and then allow them to die?
I believe COG needs cleaned up & that He would use a funeral to address that, but I'm really struggling with that woman's cancer and death being God's way of reveling that.


I know of another instance where this woman lost her home and everything in it to a natural disaster. Her and her family eventually recovered and they were able to rebuild. Just recently, they lost everything to the same type of natural disaster, that's twice within a yr. Now she sincerely believes that this was intercession! She says The Lord spoke to her telling her that this disaster was in representation of what God is getting ready to do on the earth. She has a whole family with little one's too. There are also people who support her in this theory! I'm asking, is this God's way?[/quote]


You post a good point. I also believe this!!
Acts Enthusiast
Posts: 1754
3/2/08 9:14 pm


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply with quote
Post Pete Zefo
Young Bishop is 28...fyi Friendly Face
Posts: 304
3/3/08 8:07 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Doyle.. Jason Moore
spartanfan wrote:
either delete this whole post or tell us why you think it should stay. I for one feel it is insensitive to the family in question. Others feel the same. This isn't "Hosea and Gomer" - and even at that God didn't allow her to die in the example. We've crossed the line on this one and need to delete it. If it were my wife, mother or daughter I would be pretty angry at the thought of God allowing a humiliating disease to slowly consume her body just because He didn't like the way things were going in the CoG. I think this needs to go and if it stays I want an explanation as to why you think it should.


spartanfan, check out Ezekiel 24:15 ff. I read this not too long ago, and God seemed really insensitive to me. I guess He had something to say.
_________________
Christian love, either towards God or towards man, is an affair of the will.
-C.S. Lewis

The only good race pace is suicide pace--and today looks like a good day to die.
-Steve Prefontaine
Acts-celerater
Posts: 721
3/3/08 9:30 am


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply with quote
Post spartan Jason Moore
I'm not saying whether his prophecy is false or not--I don't know, and I don't think you've presented sufficient evidence that it's false as you suppose.

I'm just saying that your earlier suppositions that this was disrespectful at a funeral is not necessarily true. God can and will speak even through horrible circumstances. It's apparent that your real problem with the prophecy was not just the context, but the message.

by the way--awesome work at your church! I'm really thankful for the way people are coming to Christ there!
_________________
Christian love, either towards God or towards man, is an affair of the will.
-C.S. Lewis

The only good race pace is suicide pace--and today looks like a good day to die.
-Steve Prefontaine
Acts-celerater
Posts: 721
3/3/08 10:49 am


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply with quote
Post Re: Keith, Travis Johnson
youngbishop81 wrote:
Travis Johnson wrote:
spartanfan wrote:
we ain't dead so knock off the superspiritual stuff and move on.


Please let the record show that the "emerging" guys are being called "super spiritual" for their participation in running with a prophetic word...for the record.


I was waiting for this one.

Let me fix your statement for you
"please let the record show that the "emerging" guys are "acting" out of character by making every one think they are "super spiritual" to promote there cause for change.


I think its interesting that there are three people in this thread who have either made statements negatively towards people's devotion to Christ (the "emerging leaders" who are faking belief in prophecy because of what the message says), denouncing Rickie Moore as a false prophet, or subordinating a Charismatic message initiated by the Holy Spirit to the body to social sensibilities...all from pen names.

I hardly give anyone a hard time for posting anonymously. I guess it has its place. But, if you are going to levy a charge against one of the most respected leaders in the COG in Rickie Moore as being a false prophet, me for expressing faux spirituality, or Matt for responding to the Holy Spirit and running with this prophecy, have the courage to come out from among the shadows and own your thoughts.
_________________
travisjohnson.net
Acts-dicted
Posts: 7854
3/4/08 11:41 am


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Re: Keith, Daniel Rushing
Travis Johnson wrote:

I think its interesting that there are three people in this thread who have either made statements negatively towards people's devotion to Christ (the "emerging leaders" who are faking belief in prophecy because of what the message says), denouncing Rickie Moore as a false prophet, or subordinating a Charismatic message initiated by the Holy Spirit to the body to social sensibilities...all from pen names.

I hardly give anyone a hard time for posting anonymously. I guess it has its place. But, if you are going to levy a charge against one of the most respected leaders in the COG in Rickie Moore as being a false prophet, me for expressing faux spirituality, or Matt for responding to the Holy Spirit and running with this prophecy, have the courage to come out from among the shadows and own your thoughts.


Well said, Travis. Well said.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
Posts: 3063
3/6/08 10:02 am


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post edit spartanfan
edit

Last edited by spartanfan on 3/7/08 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
Posts: 3630
3/6/08 1:07 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ken Shelton fire-starter
spartanfan wrote:
But nonetheless, if the NT gift of prophecy is to fulfill its role, it must be healing, restorative, edifying, and comforting in its correction and foretelling.


So what about John's prophecy about Armageddon? It isn't healing and restorative. It is all destruction and judgment. Just like this word. God is not bound to always prophesy good things. NT prophecies can be judgmental in nature, and when they are, God is bound to carry it out.
Acts Enthusiast
Posts: 1905
3/6/08 1:28 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post You Can't Have It Both Ways mytwocents
It is my understanding the reason pen names are allowed on this board is so that individuals may express their opinion without fear of repraisal, particulary from COG Officials. So they are allowed to criticize certain actions with a degree of anonimity.

It would be a double standard to allow opinions to be offered that way when you agree with the opinions, but call for them to come out from behind the name when you don't.

You posted it. If you can't handle the critiques ask that it be deleted.
Acts-celerater
Posts: 804
3/6/08 5:47 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: You Can't Have It Both Ways Travis Johnson
mytwocents wrote:
It is my understanding the reason pen names are allowed on this board is so that individuals may express their opinion without fear of repraisal, particulary from COG Officials. So they are allowed to criticize certain actions with a degree of anonimity.

It would be a double standard to allow opinions to be offered that way when you agree with the opinions, but call for them to come out from behind the name when you don't.

You posted it. If you can't handle the critiques ask that it be deleted.


I am not asking for people to not be anonymous. I'm asking people to get it right. If you are going to call my faith into question, then sign your name on the dotted line and explain how you became omnipotent or privy to information that God only possesses.

Agree or disagree...doesn't matter to me. But, you aren't God and you are in no position to judge my relationship with Him.

As for calling Rickie Moore a false prophet from behind a pen name, I would be left to conclude that you are fearful to own your position and back it up. I wouldn't tolerate a false prophet leading our Bible and Theology Dept at Lee. Have the stones to do something about it.

Sincerely,

Travis Johnson
#46,978
_________________
travisjohnson.net
Acts-dicted
Posts: 7854
3/6/08 6:16 pm


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Pete Zefo
Quote:
So what about John's prophecy about Armageddon? It isn't healing and restorative. It is all destruction and judgment. Just like this word. God is not bound to always prophesy good things. NT prophecies can be judgmental in nature, and when they are, God is bound to carry it out.


It may be time for you to read Revelation through another lens. It is a book of worship and hope. I felt that same about Dr. Moore's message. There is hope in those words of death. Perhaps you cannot see it in this word because you were offended. Is it possible that you need to be offended?
Friendly Face
Posts: 304
3/7/08 7:58 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: You Can't Have It Both Ways Phil Hoover
Travis Johnson wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
It is my understanding the reason pen names are allowed on this board is so that individuals may express their opinion without fear of repraisal, particulary from COG Officials. So they are allowed to criticize certain actions with a degree of anonimity.

It would be a double standard to allow opinions to be offered that way when you agree with the opinions, but call for them to come out from behind the name when you don't.

You posted it. If you can't handle the critiques ask that it be deleted.


I am not asking for people to not be anonymous. I'm asking people to get it right. If you are going to call my faith into question, then sign your name on the dotted line and explain how you became omnipotent or privy to information that God only possesses.

Agree or disagree...doesn't matter to me. But, you aren't God and you are in no position to judge my relationship with Him.

As for calling Rickie Moore a false prophet from behind a pen name, I would be left to conclude that you are fearful to own your position and back it up. I wouldn't tolerate a false prophet leading our Bible and Theology Dept at Lee. Have the stones to do something about it.

Sincerely,

Travis Johnson
#46,978


preach on, Travis, Preach on!

I'll turn the pages! Laughing Laughing
_________________
There is a ROCK between me and a hard place. His name is JESUS.

www.philhoover-chicago.blogspot.com
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 15383
3/7/08 10:45 am


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post My Dear Young Whining Travis mytwocents
Just to make sure the record is clear:

I have never questioned your faith; your motives, YES, your faith, no!

Now, you are condemning people for questioning the "prophecy" when clearly we are told in scripture to "test the spirits" and see if they be of God. Now, should we obey you and accept this without question, or obey God and test the spirits? Hmmmmmm

As far as calling someone a false prophet, time will tell the truth of this of this prophecy. IMHO it was at least out of order; To those who want the prophecy to be fulfilled, they will find a way to apply it.
Honestly, I'd never heard of the man until this nugget was dropped on this board.
The fact that he teaches or is over the department of a college means nothing to me.
Those who can DO; those who can't, teach; those who can't teach, adminstrate.
Acts-celerater
Posts: 804
3/7/08 3:53 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Travis Johnson
mytwocents,

When you're ready to talk without the name calling, let me know. You usually have good things to say...things that my whining youth and Rickie Moore's ineptitude, as you've so eloquently pointed out, might be able to benefit from.

- Travis Johnson (or to people who prefer to throw rocks anonymously from behind bushes, "the young whiner")
_________________
travisjohnson.net
Acts-dicted
Posts: 7854
3/7/08 4:38 pm


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post tw0 pennies Joe Nail
it must have escaped your most advanced reading or watching of this word. i ask you listen again to the part where the lady in question gave her permission to use her memorial service for this word. in my further exploring of this time not only did she give her permission but insisted that this was the time for this word to be shared. (imho) the idea that this was the wrong place is not up to us to decide. it was one of her wishes not just a time chosen by the man appoined to deliver the message.
_________________
all that counts is your faith showing itself in love.
Acts Enthusiast
Posts: 1904
3/7/08 4:43 pm


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Acts-celerate Terms of Use | Acts-celerate Policy
World News Network | Acts-celerate Chat
Contact the Administrator.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.