Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

***A Prophetic Message to the Church of God*** (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post A Message for General Officials? mytwocents
So God could not get an audience at the General Assembly so he chooses this ladies memorial service?

You guys are NUTS!
Acts-celerater
2/29/08 10:14 pm

Post Pete Zefo
I suppose you are one of those who enjoy hearing smooth words of which this prophecy spoke! Friendly Face
2/29/08 11:19 pm

Post Re: Yes Sir, I've Read Amos Phil Hoover
mytwocents wrote:
And I've also read Corinthians which says in the church "all things are to be done decent and in order"!

And who are YOU to say it was "out of order" or "indecent"?

Maybe, just maybe...PROBABLY, that was what God had in mind for this "word."

If you are so up in arms about it all, call Dr Moore. He's a department chair at Lee University...he will take your call.

www.philhoover-chicago.blogspot.com
Acts-pert Poster
3/1/08 11:31 am

Post Re: Yes Sir, I've Read Amos Travis Johnson
This word was appropriate, painful, and hope filled. It is timely and in order. Acts-dicted
3/1/08 11:38 am

Post TimFulmer
This is an incredible message to the church...

Having eyes to see.... is it really seen... do we see it....

Is it a message for "others" ot do we take it personally...

When I saw this message,

1. I immediately raised my eyes to the axe that I have haning on the wall of my office....

2. my attention was turned to these things...

a. The responsibility to nurture spiritual children
b. The way that some leaders "protect" their salaries, buld
their 'dream homes, establish their retirements, and focus
inwardly instead of outward, at the expence of ministry...
c. That Leadership does not start at the top... It starts at the
bottom with the very first element of responsibility in any
institution. This message was not just for the "upper-crust" of
the church, but like all of God's word it is for every individual.
d. God is challenging me to take care to "nurture" those whom He
brings into the Kingdom as first prrority.

Systems and Salaries exist at the local level of ministry as well as others....

Since it is the responsibility of our leaders in our General and State Offices to nurture and train Pastors and Ministery from that leadership level, institutionally, this prophecy appears to be to those who have been assigned the grass-roots responsibility of nurturing souls won into the Kingdom... (This does not expemt any individual from their personal responsibility to win and nurture souls to the Kingdom of God0

The danger of focusing on Systems and Salaries in the local church is paramount in this video...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
One little finger = is it possible that it is a reference to even "one teaching" that would cause us to be selfish..?
Luke 16:10-12 Those who are faithful in the least.. ... If ye are not faithful with money, who will trust you with true riches? If ye are not faithful with what is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
Friendly Face
3/1/08 11:43 am

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post Edit spartanfan
Edit

Last edited by spartanfan on 3/4/08 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/1/08 1:21 pm

Post Spartanfan R. Keith Whitt
Not trying to be argumentative, but you must know something that is not public knowledge.

You said:
"If the body died (supposedly CoG) died after a long sickness in the baby producing part then someone please tell me how the CoG keeps producing children every day in the USA and around the world."

The continued growth in the world is possibly correct (I haven't seen the stats in a couple of years). Growth in the USA? What proof do you have for this statement?

Keith
3/1/08 8:53 pm

Post edit spartanfan
edit

Last edited by spartanfan on 3/7/08 6:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
3/1/08 10:43 pm

Post Re: Keith, Travis Johnson
spartanfan wrote:
we ain't dead so knock off the superspiritual stuff and move on.

Please let the record show that the "emerging" guys are being called "super spiritual" for their participation in running with a prophetic word...for the record.
Acts-dicted
3/1/08 10:54 pm

Post i said i would not post for a while.... but i have to Joe Nail
spartanfan you need to listen to the tape one more time. "the baby producing part of the body" is not what was said. the word was "the part of the body that nurtures the children" producing is not the same as nurturing. please listen to your heart, not your head. Confused
3/1/08 11:08 pm

Post edit spartanfan
edit

Last edited by spartanfan on 3/7/08 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
3/1/08 11:43 pm

Post OH yeah, spartanfan
edited

Last edited by spartanfan on 3/4/08 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
3/1/08 11:44 pm

Post Oh yeah, spartanfan
edited

Last edited by spartanfan on 3/4/08 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
3/1/08 11:47 pm

Post edit spartanfan
edit

Last edited by spartanfan on 3/7/08 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
3/1/08 11:52 pm

Post Spartanfan (2) R. Keith Whitt
I have no desire to get into an argument with you, though I can rise to the challenge of a good debate! You obviously have made up your mind considering the prophecy. That is your privilege and I respect your position.

I am just challenging your view that the COG is growing, especially in the US. Can you post your evidence? I'm not talking about isolated cases. Your church may be growing (and for that I thank the Lord and pray it continues!), but I would like to see or know the source of your evidence for your position -- other than your opinion. Your local church is not the test case for the rest of the denomination.

No one that I have read is contending that every COG congregation is dying or will die. MY understanding of the prophecy (and my position) is the system/institutionalism will die, and needs to if the COG is to be rekindled into a movement (which has not been for several years) and not just another institutionalized denomination of limited influence. I believe it would enhance our dialogue if you could re-examine the videos and re-read the posts of those with whom you disagree, because you have misquoted the assertions, which are the very heart of the matter (as joenail pointed out). I discovered long ago that I learn more by dialoguing with those with whom I disagree than I do by just asserting my position. I've found that it also brings strength to my position (sorry, the teacher in me just pops out every now and then).

By the way, I'm pretty confident in my ability "to get it." Laughing

Also, I have a request: could you use paragraphs please? My eyes are worn and weary and your posts are difficult to read when there are no line breaks.

I know that it is difficult to discern the tone of written dialogue and I hope you will take my word that there is no animosity in my posts, just a desire to make the COG better -- a goal I believe we both share! As I have stated before: I've paid too high a personal price and put too much into it to do anything less. I think it is an honorable and worthy goal. I can't just let it go....

Keith
3/2/08 11:24 am

Post None of this matters.. youngleader
I'm not saying this to sound harsh, but in the BIG picture, I mean, REALLY big picture, it doesn't matter if the COG dies, maintains, or becomes revitalized...

Here's why....

First, Let me quote my father in law, who is a 3rd generation COG minister, whose grandfather started several COG's in South Carolina.. He has told me that the COG is a vehicle for him to do ministry. He could still do ministry in an independent church, or in another denomination.

Guys like Marty, Travis, Brian Hunter, and countless others are proof as well. If we really witnessed "The fall of Cleveland", do you really think any of these guys are gonna call it quits? Not a chance. They would find a way to share the gospel and continue on.

So what are we really afraid of here? Are we afraid our institution will fall? An institution is nothing more than the people who make it up. Aside from death or rapture, I don't see too many of you disappearing into thin air anytime soon.
Are you afraid the COG will become bankrupt? It might be the best thing for it. If you understand bankruptcy laws, you know that it would more than likely force the COG to restructure itself in the ways that we are all crying out for.

So again, if this prophecy is fulfilled, praise God for it. I don't see it as a bad thing. Because the Word is timeless, and God will continue to raise up leaders to share it.

The COG is just a vehicle in which to share the gospel. There will always be some sort of vehicle to do it.

I think I'm going to share this on my blog as well..
3/2/08 2:05 pm

Post INHO perfectjoy
I have no trouble believing that Jesus would use a funeral to promote what ever was needed at the time. But, I'm having trouble believing that God would put the sin of a church organization on a women, for intercession. And even if he did, I would like to believe after the intercession she would be healed.
I mean, doesn't this go against “that He Himself bore our sickness and disease?”
Why then would He put a disease on someone to prove a point and then allow them to die?
I believe COG needs cleaned up & that He would use a funeral to address that, but I'm really struggling with that woman's cancer and death being God's way of reveling that.
Hey, DOC
3/2/08 2:14 pm

Post Is there a contradiciton of information? Jamie Noel
My father, who is a 43 year minister in the COG, recently had an HQ official tell him that the COG was in decline. In fact, this man supported our departure and claimed he would have done the same, given the circumstances.

Is there a different story coming out of the EC? If so, this may be a perfect example of the divisiveness of HQ (no one ever seems to be on the same page).

As for this prophecy, I feel like I am part of that prophecy. The COG, as a whole, is getting older. The average age of its senior pastors is almost 50. This was given at the open forums prior to the previous GA. Its young leadership, thinking on a much larger scale, was not being nurtured. As a result, they have left their homes to go elsewhere. I am part of that. Maybe I jumped too quickly and didn't give the denom a chance. Hindsight is 20/20. I just felt that, because I am getting older, I don't have time to wait.

My opinion (which usually isn't worth much) is this is why other fellowships are seemingly growing. They have younger pastors who are trusted by older, more seasoned ministers. They are place into leadership without the sense of "competition." I practice this here. Our 23 year old youth director spoke for his first time a few weeks ago and hit it out of the park!

This is my job as a pastor. To bring in, build up, train, and send out!
3/2/08 2:45 pm

Post Re: A Message for General Officials? Randy Johnson
mytwocents wrote:
So God could not get an audience at the General Assembly so he chooses this ladies memorial service?

You guys are NUTS!

Ok, I'm not trying to be insensitive here, but funeral services are not mandated by Scripture, they are cultural and social events. Why would God choose to send a message of such proportion during a time that violates our sense of social and cultural order?

Possibly because at such a time our guard is down and our masks are off. God is more interested in His glory than our propriety. An object lesson is most poignant when the object is before you not when it is behind you.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/2/08 3:11 pm

Post Re: INHO JLA777
I have to agree with what you wrote here perfectjoy. And even if he did, I would like to believe after the intercession she would be healed.
I mean, doesn't this go against “that He Himself bore our sickness and disease?”
Why then would He put a disease on someone to prove a point and then allow them to die?
I believe COG needs cleaned up & that He would use a funeral to address that, but I'm really struggling with that woman's cancer and death being God's way of reveling that.[/quote]

I know of another instance where this woman lost her home and everything in it to a natural disaster. Her and her family eventually recovered and they were able to rebuild. Just recently, they lost everything to the same type of natural disaster, that's twice within a yr. Now she sincerely believes that this was intercession! She says The Lord spoke to her telling her that this disaster was in representation of what God is getting ready to do on the earth. She has a whole family with little one's too. There are also people who support her in this theory! I'm asking, is this God's way?

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen! Philemon 1:25

https://www.facebook.com/joanylouise
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
3/2/08 3:33 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic