Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Do you spank your children?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you spank your children?
Yes, when they need physical discipline
52%
 52%  [ 32 ]
No, I do not believe in it
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
I don't have children at home, but I did spank them
42%
 42%  [ 26 ]
I don't have children at home, but I never spanked them
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 61

Message Author
Post prefontaine
Memory03 wrote:
prefontaine wrote:
Memory03 wrote:
love should not hurt...
love should not leave bruises or marks on ones body...
love should not be a mask covering a face of fear...
love should not be a mask covering a face of anger and rage...
love should not destroy what it touches...

Love also does not allow a child to do whatever they want, and hope they turn out ok. I spank my 2 year old son. Nothing real hard yet, but enough to let him know that his actions are not alright. So, would it be love if I allowed my son to do whatever he pleased? Would it be love to spare the rod and spoil the child?? Jesus took a whip - that He had made - into the temple. You think nobody got hurt in that ordeal?? I'd say He loved them, however. I sit down with my son before and after a discipline him - no matter what form I choose at the time - and I tell him that what he did was not ok, and I ask if he gets it. It's amazing at 2, how much he is understanding. Then, I'll swat him once or twice, and then we sit back down and I hold him and love on him. No matter how much I ever spank him or ground him, or whatever I use - I want him to know that I love him.

betcha Jesus never hit one child in that event...

l am not against spanking... just against doing permanent damage to our children... l carry much baggage from someone who thought just like you... in fact the "spare the rod and spoil the child" was the only bible verse they knew... and they applied it many times a day, according to what kind of day they were having... we kids didn't have to do something bad, just had to be there...

for one thing, if they left permanent damage, then they didn't think JUST LIKE ME. Secondly, if a spanking was based more n how they felt, than your actions, then it was wrong. Also, I know more than just that one verse - even concerning child raising.

clintwills.blogspot.com
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/11/08 12:54 pm

Post bigchurchmouse
I believe the key in dicipline is to begin at a young age. One cannot laugh at a child and think it is cute when he acts ugly or refuses to obey and then later when he is much older decide to beat him into submission. A small swat or even a stern word will work on a young child. If you don't get his attention then it is much harder to later on. The man who spanked his 16 year old had probably waited much to late. Some children respond to other forms of punishment such as time outs or loss of privileges. Other children absolutely need a spanking from time to time in my opinion. I hate to be around a parent who threatens and threatens to punish and never does it. A child learns at a very early age who will follow thru when they threaten and who won't. It is not doing a child a favor to let him be a brat that no one wants to be around. I think it is more humane to spank if you need to and have children develop into someone that people enjoy spending time with. There is no excuse for beating a child in my opinion. Parents need to be in control of a household and not the children. Golf Cart Mafia Capo
2/11/08 4:24 pm

Post bradfreeman
I hate spanking my children. I try to wait until I'm not angry and I don't use my hand (hands are for love, the rod of correction).

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
3/1/09 4:25 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic