Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Poll - What is your stance on the coming of the lord.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your stance on the coming of the lord.
Pre-Trib
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Mid-Trib
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Post-Trib
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pan-Trib (will all pan out)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Pre-millenial
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
pre-wrath
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Other
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Message Author
Post Poll - What is your stance on the coming of the lord. volfan101
I am pre-trib, pre-millenial and pre-wrath.

For those who want to hang around through the tribulation, I'll see you on the trip back!

Last edited by volfan101 on 10/17/07 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
10/17/07 9:15 pm

Post servantleader
it doesn't matter about an opinion, because the way I read the scriptures, pretrib is the only option. So when I'm raptured, those mid and post trib folks, can have my church! Newbie
10/17/07 9:53 pm

Post SCFIRE
Pre trib
10/17/07 10:03 pm

Post DOC
I'm for it!
10/17/07 10:27 pm

Post Re: Poll - What is your stance on the coming of the lord. SouthGeorgiaBoy
volfan101 wrote:
Pre-trib, pre-millenial and pre-wrath.

For those who want to hang around through the tribulation, I'll see you on the trip back!

Pre-Trib
Acts Enthusiast
10/17/07 10:30 pm

Post Re: Poll - What is your stance on the coming of the lord. 2ndgeneration
volfan101 wrote:
Pre-trib, pre-millenial and pre-wrath.

I personally believe in a Pre-Trib rapture. My father-n-law, who is a long time pastor in the Church of God, believes very emphatically in the Pre-wrath rapture.
Acts Enthusiast
10/17/07 10:32 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
The ole timers stance is the right stance...............

Anti-Lib
Pre-Trib
Acts-pert Poster
10/17/07 10:32 pm

Post FiredUp4Jesus
My stance? Behold He cometh!

When? I'm personally on the Pre-trib side. Who would want to be here when it all goes down? If there is no pre-trib rapture, I'm ready to ride it out.
10/17/07 10:35 pm

Post ActsBishop
pre-trib
“Even now, Jesus has a miracle for you! Even now, He’s a shelter from the storm you’re going through! DON’T GIVE UP, DON’T BE DISCOURAGED, DON’T EVEN BE AFRAID, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS HERE RIGHT NOW, TO MAKE A WAY!”
Acts Enthusiast
10/17/07 10:38 pm

Post Brenda
Pre-trib.
10/17/07 10:56 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
FiredUp4Jesus wrote:
My stance? Behold He cometh!

When? I'm personally on the Pre-trib side. Who would want to be here when it all goes down? If there is no pre-trib rapture, I'm ready to ride it out.

Ditto.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/17/07 11:12 pm

Post Bro Bob
Pre-trib.

But I have a question.

Assume for a moment that unconditional eternal security were true.

Could a Baptist Christian take the mark of the beast and still go in a post-trib rapture?
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
10/17/07 11:32 pm

Post (Link) TheoloJohn
I would be absolutely thrilled if the pretrib position turns out to be true. I lean towards pre-wrath. I know several CoG Ordained Bishops (pastors with decades of experience each) who are either post-trib or pre-wrath.

Though I've hoped and tried to find solid scriptural support for the pre-trib position for years, and though pretrib was the view I was taught growing up, I've yet to see it clearly proven apart from the presuppositions of dispensationalism.

If you've prepared yourself spiritually to possibly face the persecutions and satanic attacks of the great tribulation, you'll be ready no matter which theory is true.

Perhaps some of our good-hearted pretrib brothers would be willing to examine and refute point-for-point the following article:

http://www.theologue.org/Cordner-Rapture.html

I have carefully examined the above article numerous times over the past nearly ten years since I first came across it, and I have yet to see it reasonably refuted from the Scriptures by any advocate of the pretrib rapture position. I genuinely hope someone will accept the challenge to demolish this article.

While I myself lean strongly towards the "pre-wrath" view, I honestly can't believe anyone would break fellowship over something that hasn't even happened yet, much less shout "heresy!" at the posttrib position. While it is not my view, the fact is many very great men of God have held to the posttrib view.

What's more, the leading lights of the Holiness movement (Wesley, Finney, et al) were either strongly amillenial or strongly postmillenialist in belief! (believing that the church was going to get stronger and stronger until the whole world was evangelized, and then Jesus would come back).

volfan, I'm sincerely interested to know precisely what rule of the CoG has been broken by those of us who do not hold to the pretrib view, but are nevertheless still premillenial in belief?

May we all be ready, come what may.

John
10/17/07 11:47 pm

Post Post-trib... Yo Dude
The one position that is best supported by scripture, I believe.

Jesus is coming back again. Not again and again (and perhaps again).

Matthew 24 lets us know that it is, at best, within the tribulation when Jesus returns. No ifs, ands, or buts. But when He returns, that will end the tribulation...so I suppose it morphs into a post-trib position on that account.
Acts-dicted
10/18/07 4:06 am

Post Yo...I'm with you. Jason Moore
Besides the fact that no one had ever heard of a pre-trib rapture before about 150 years ago, it's not really orthodox Christianity. Apart from that, I just can't find a pre-tribulational rapture in an un-biased reading of the Bible. If it's there, I'm for it--just can't find it.

The only good race pace is suicide pace--and today looks like a good day to die.
-Steve Prefontaine
Acts-celerater
10/18/07 6:28 am

Post hmmm ijustwanttopraiseGod
My only thought when considering this question is that He didn't take Noah out of the flood, but 'kept' him through it. I'm not counting on a great escape from all that will befall this earth and mankind, though that would be remarkably wonderful. Very Happy .....but I am counting on the great power of an almighty God that will 'keep' me until the day He returns for me, wherever I am.
Regardless of how it all transpires on 'that great day', I plan to be one of the brides at the wedding and not just a guest...gotta keep that oil in your lamp.... Laughing
10/18/07 7:04 am

Post Pre-Trib. Linda Collins Riley
Even so Lord Jesus come! Friendly Face
10/18/07 7:39 am

Post Having just finished sheepdogandy
a study on Revelation on Wed nights.

I am most definitely and emphatically Pre-trib.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/18/07 7:53 am

Post Pre-trib stp89
I think pre-trib best represents the eschatology of the bible. We also have historical precedent- God delivered Noah from the flood, and He delivered Lot from Sodom before the fire fell.

Furthermore, you have the issue of the nation of Israel. Paul told the Romans that the "fulness of the Gentiles" must come in, and then Israel will be saved. Pre-trib is the only option that allows for the church to be removed so that God then shifts His attention to the Jews and removes from them the spirit of blindness (Romans 11).

Also, we are told that Christ will return in an hour in which we think not. Even those less discerning Christians would surely be alerted if the Antichrist comes to power and demands worship. The signs of the Tribulation period are devastating. We're not talking simply about an emperor who hates Christians, we're talking about catastrophic events in society and nature. Conservative scholars believe over half the world's population will die during the Tribulation.

We are told to watch and pray for the return of Jesus Christ. Any other position places other events ahead of the coming of Christ. I believe the Rapture (or whatever you want to call it) is the next event on God's calendar.
Acts Enthusiast
10/18/07 8:05 am

Post Theolojohn and yo Bro Bob
I am absolutely in agreement with Theolojohn when he objects that a post trib or pre-wrath understanding is not heresy. I am also moved by the argument that any Christian prepared to go thru the great tribulation will gladly accept being wrong should they escape it via 'rapture' at the very beginning of it.

I must say I am not particularly moved by the assertion that pre-trib doctrine was not espoused by major theologians prior to 1800.

1) All the major theologians at his first appearing were certain that he could NOT be the messiah with his lowly background, his radical unorthodox teaching, and his blatant disregard for the sabbath.

2) None of these same major theologians said anything at all, much less espoused the baptism in the holy spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.

The best and brightest are often in lock-step and dead wrong.

Theolojohn, I have read the article, downloaded it, printed it out and already have several areas that I dispute, and hope to get back to you with it. There are far more qualified minds than mine here though, who I hope will take up the challenge. ( I am also trying to figure out why there is no point 5 in the second section, perhaps he refuted it himself? )

It is well written, and the fact that two healthy independent minds can come up with two understandings is PRECISELY why James Slay, James Cross et al intentionally left the topic open when writing our Declaration of Faith.

BB
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
10/18/07 8:14 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic