Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How many of you pay for the privilege of preaching

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do You Pay To Pastor?
I Pay To Pastor
30%
 30%  [ 9 ]
I'm Paid As Pastor
33%
 33%  [ 10 ]
The Church Pays Its Bills, But Not Me (The Pastor)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I'm Not A Pastor
33%
 33%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 30

Message Author
Post How many of you pay for the privilege of preaching roughridercog
How many of you take no salary, but work your job, pay a percentage of the church bills and pay for the privilege of preaching the gospel and pastoring your church?
9/30/07 8:47 pm

Post Memory03
l put in much more than l have ever taken out...

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/30/07 8:50 pm

Post We pay ... Pastor's Wife
Embarassed We pay tithes, pay into general, make the parsonage payment and all our utility bills. We both work secular jobs to make ends meet.
Yep, I think we are paying to be here. Shocked
10/4/07 4:48 pm

Post Pastor's Wife... Yo Dude
Pleast tell me that the "parsonage payment" you are making it on your OWN home. If you are paying for the parsonage that belongs to the church, when you leave/die, it does not belong to you.

I know you know that, but I am concerned.
Acts-dicted
10/4/07 4:58 pm

Post No, Pastor's Wife
the parsonage payment is not for our own home. Yes, we know to well that it does not belong to us. It is in the church name.

When we took this church there was no parsonage, no rental property in town. We had to live in another town. When we did find something closer to the church, it ran us well over $1000.00 a month for rent and utilities.

If you have to furnish your own housing, isn't it better to support the church and help get a parsonage going? Instead of paying rent to some individual?

AND

When your church is sitting on some acreage, there is plenty of room and God provides a huge, huge double wide. You go for it.

I have no desire to own another home at this time.
Closer to retirement, sure .... somewhere ..... but that is in the future.
10/4/07 6:27 pm

Post I am not a pastor... prefontaine
And I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. However, I gotta say that as much as I love RR, and respect most of what he posts, I think kinda think this thread is poison. Maybe I am WAY out of line here, but are you really paying to preach the gospel, or are you paying to not be miserable knowing that you are outside of God's will??
Look at the bright side of this. You could be preaching at a huge church that makes all it's payments, pays you a handsome salary, and pays for you to have staff...and not be as happy as you would be if you have to help the church along for a while, but knew you are exactly where God wants you to be. I think the intentions of the thread are harmless enough, but when we start thinking that we are having to pay for things that we may not really feel we should have to, we can become discontent. Discontent CAN lead to bitterness, and we don't want to talk about where bitterness can lead.

clintwills.blogspot.com
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/4/07 6:39 pm

Post Re: I am not a pastor... roughridercog
prefontaine wrote:
And I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. However, I gotta say that as much as I love RR, and respect most of what he posts, I think kinda think this thread is poison. Maybe I am WAY out of line here, but are you really paying to preach the gospel, or are you paying to not be miserable knowing that you are outside of God's will??
Look at the bright side of this. You could be preaching at a huge church that makes all it's payments, pays you a handsome salary, and pays for you to have staff...and not be as happy as you would be if you have to help the church along for a while, but knew you are exactly where God wants you to be. I think the intentions of the thread are harmless enough, but when we start thinking that we are having to pay for things that we may not really feel we should have to, we can become discontent. Discontent CAN lead to bitterness, and we don't want to talk about where bitterness can lead.

There was no bitterness at all intended in the post. I believe though that a large portion of our ministers pay for the privilege of preaching the gospel. I work as a high school teacher while taking a small bit from the church. In truth, I took a cut in what the church was paying me to enable us to bring Karijay onto staff. And in truth, if I could afford it, I would give her a raise before I would myself.
The post was essentially intended to see how many of us really make a living from preaching the gospel and how many of us are tent makers.
Plus, I didn't make this thread a post. I assume one of the mods did.

I was just curious to see how many of us take $100 a week and put $125 in so that the church expenses can be met.

Hope this clarifies my thinking.
10/5/07 9:48 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic