Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is Freemasonry Harmless?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Freemasonry Harmless?
Yes, it's harmless.
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
No, it's not harmless.
63%
 63%  [ 37 ]
It's harmless to a certain "degree". (No pun intended)
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Harmless to some, but not to others.
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Other. (Post your "other" below.)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 58

Message Author
Post Re: Hogwash Pastor Gary
sgapoboy wrote:
I have seen more secrets in the cog than i have the masons

Just curious... hasn't the COG traditonally excluded from membership those who belong to secret societies like the Masons?
5/3/06 9:25 pm

Post Re: Hogwash Rev Rick
sgapoboy wrote:
I have seen more secrets in the cog than i have seen in the masons.

Share a few of those please. No names just events. LOL Rev Rick

////////////[}Sword of the Spirit
@#####{ ]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
\\\\\\\\\\\\[}Use it daily!
Friendly Face
5/3/06 9:32 pm

Post secrets sgapoboy
it is not a secret society, it has all been published Friendly Face
5/3/06 9:35 pm

Post Re: Is Freemasonry Harmless? sgapoboy
let me see you get info out of a state counsel meeting. bwahahah Friendly Face
5/3/06 9:38 pm

Post SGAPOBOY Singlesited
Not a secret organization... It has all been published!?

If this is a true statement then tell us exactly what the initiation process is.

Word for word right out of the practice of the BLUE LODGE.

Not just the words spoken but each and every action taken by the pledge and the leadership.

This should not be a problem for a 40 year member..
Friendly Face
5/3/06 10:56 pm

get the literature and read it for your self Friendly Face
5/4/06 6:49 am

Post Here's a great place to find that literature (link) Rafael D Martinez
http://www.ephesians5-11.org/document.htm

A good organization when their leaders stick to the facts, Ephesians 511 provides this information at the link above. Larry Kunk, the man who runs this organization, has been providing this information for years since Freemasonry is less than forthcoming about what it really stands for:

"Establishing the facts concerning the incompatibility of Freemasonry and Christianity requires having access to the documents which contain the evidence. Freemasonry conducts its rituals, which contain the basic teachings of the craft, in secret. The public is not allowed to observe as new candidates are initiated as Masons. Although conducted in secret, portions of ritual and the official interpretations of the meanings of ritual are revealed in Masonic documents.

To establish the facts, we must examine the materials produced for members. Freemasonry provides printed materials for the consumption of the public, as well as for those who actually become Freemasons. Truth concerning compatibility or incompatibility can only be established by examining those materials produced for the consumption of members.

Which Masonic materials should be examined?

Documents published and distributed by the Grand Lodges should be used to establish the teachings of Freemasonry. No individual speaks for Freemasonry, either when he is telling the truth, or telling a lie. The authorities of Freemasonry are known as Grand Lodges. There is a Grand Lodge for each state in the US and one for the District of Columbia. A given Grand Lodge is the authority only in its own jurisdiction, however all of the 51 US Grand Lodges recognize each other as being regular. (Freemasonry remains segregated to a large degree. A separate group of Prince Hall Grand Lodges exists to govern lodges with African American members. Some of the "white" Grand Lodges have recognized Prince Hall Grand Lodges and have been recognized by them. White Grand Lodges in other states do not.) Grand Lodges issue charters for new Lodges, regulate ritual, and publish and distribute printed materials. Those printed materials are written by an individual, or a group of individuals. Printed materials speak for Freemasonry and they become authorized writings when they are accepted, distributed, or recommended by the Grand Lodges. The act of authorization gives authority to those writings. They can be used to establish the facts as to what Freemasonry teaches."

Reading this material will demonstrate the true spirit of Freemasonry as a philosophical and universalistic religion that is antichristian to the core.

Having said that, I certainly don't fault the fine charitable work and often quite commendable personal character of many Freemasons today. Who can? Many of them are men whose Christian values direct what they do to help others .. many others adopt a Masonic worldview that advocates service of others in the name of the GAOTU "Who Cannot Be Named" with no reference to Yahweh at all.

The public act of service is derived out of a reverence to one deity or another ... not exclusively to God as Christian faith defines him. It certainly cannot be determined which one is followed unless you get the Freemason to publically declare how he conceives God to be ...

One time I accidentally drove Fred, my lumbering Bobcat, off the road in Cleveland by Faith Memorial Church on 17th and Georgetown and before I knew it, a man pulled up behind me in a massive truck. He asked if he could help me and then attached a chain to Fred's undercarriage and pulled that fat little Pinto knockoff out of the ditch so quick it was unreal.

I saw that he had a Freemason seal on his license plate and the "2 B 1 C 1" sticker. His six year old son watched as his daddy did his work.

Joy was with me and was pretty shook up for a moment or two after the accident and while I was checking her, he unhitched those chains after ensuring the car was where I could drive it away and took OFF. I never got a chance to thank him. I never got his name.

But it's what the Masonic religion - and that's what it is - actually stands for that we find profoundly troubling stuff for. Andy's pointed out some of that. Read the monitors for yourself.

agape

rafael

P.S. - Having said that, I want to recommend this ministry with a caveat emptor ... Larry and others have adopted to some degree a conspiracy theory worldview that views Freemasonry as one of several secret society cliques actively controlling to some degree the flow of human progress aimed at creating a one world environment for the rise of the Antichrist. This fantastic worldview is very popular in our angst-filled Evangelical Bible Prophecy buffs and a very misguided one if you ask me. Be advised if you get involved further with them.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
5/4/06 9:06 am

Post How many times must we say.......It is NOT a Religion? Servents Heart
We are a group of men who have a Strong belief in God, and trust in him. We are in an an organization that teaches us to serve others and live our life as we think God would have us do. We have religious teachings, but there is no plan of salvation, though many think it is one of just "Good Works. We believe that if you are a true Christian, that those "Good Works" just come with the person.
All my life, I've been a christian. There were several men in my life that impressed me with the way they conducted themselves, both in Church, and out in the World. I looked for a common factor, and when I was about 27, found that they were Masons. I observed that one, my Grand Dad, NEVER turned down anyone who needed help. He always was there for me, and anyone else who needed him, Mason or otherwise. I was in the hospital for a while (long while) and a friend of my Wife (from childhood) visited me daily, and prayed with me. My PASTOR was not as faithful. I saw him later on a float with the Masons, and asked him about it. the rest is History, about 25 years of it. I am 32degree Scottish Rite and served on my Church board for over 20 years before someone asked my Pastor about the Lodge and the COG. I quit going to Lodge for over 12 years so I could still serve my Church. Our Youth director got "involved" with a young girl (minor) in our Church and everything hit the fan. The Youth Pastor denied the accusation, though 4 witnesses told of what he had done. I chose the side of the Victim, and was CRUCIFIED. Not for my stance, but because I am a MASON! I left that church, and I am still faithful to God. The Church has had 4 Pastors since then, and closed......After 40 years! I understand that it is hard to take anything you know nothing of for face value. I have seen ALL the literature, and videos about the lodge, and like the bible, you can take Pikes books and out of context prove ANYTHING. Most folks do not realize the Pike was very senile in his later years, but the Lodge did not choose to make him look a fool. He wrote some good stuff, and some that is out there. My Dad, who was NEVER a Mason near the end of his life said lots of things I had NEVER heard him say in daily life. I still love him though he did not recognize me for over 4 years.
The CoG has at least as much underground junk as the lodge does, and Is still love them. We are Human. We mess up. Thank GOD we have HIS forgiveness.
Please don't tear up something you do not know of first hand, As for Jack Harris and others who have helped make videos and such of the initiation, I have only one thing to say. One Poster mentioned part of the obligation where we PROMISE not to write, indite print, paint..... the secrets of Masonry. If he mad that Promise and is doing what he promised NOT to do, he is a LIAR!
Why listen to anything else he says?

For Bro. sgapoboy. 1 question. Are you a Master Mason?
Hey, DOC
5/4/06 12:32 pm

Post Wrong chief.... sheepdogandy
You SWORE, not promised anything.

Let's keep it factual.

By the way.

Who killed Captain Morgan?

Who married his widow?

Interesting answers.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/4/06 2:23 pm

servants heart, good post, I AM Friendly Face
5/4/06 4:15 pm

speepdogandy have you ever been a mason??? Friendly Face
5/4/06 4:16 pm

Post Re: How many times must we say.......It is NOT a Religion? Rafael D Martinez
Servents Heart wrote:
We believe that if you are a true Christian, that those "Good Works" just come with the person.

If there are authoritative sources within Freemasonry that teach and believe this, and you as a Freemason hold to this and yet assert yourself to be a Christian, then you and they are missing the whole point of Christianity.

"Good works" don't come "with the person." There are none righteous, no not ONE, as the Scripture has said. Every one of us are spiritual rebels whose sinfulness can come out of self. Only the presence of the transforming power of the Spirit working in the surrendered heart and mind of the believer brings forth that fruit of the Spirit which results in "good works."

While Freemasonry may make approving nods to good works done by anyone in any religion, that's utterly beside the point. Good works will never tip any imaginary balance in the heavens and open the pearly gates to ANYONE. Period. Only faith in JESUS will .. not what you've done for the GAOTU.

Quote:
My PASTOR was not as faithful. I saw him later on a float with the Masons, and asked him about it. the rest is History, about 25 years of it. I am 32degree Scottish Rite and served on my Church board for over 20 years before someone asked my Pastor about the Lodge and the COG. I quit going to Lodge for over 12 years so I could still serve my Church. Our Youth director got "involved" with a young girl (minor) in our Church and everything hit the fan. The Youth Pastor denied the accusation, though 4 witnesses told of what he had done. I chose the side of the Victim, and was CRUCIFIED. Not for my stance, but because I am a MASON! I left that church, and I am still faithful to God.

What does the faithlessness of a pastor or this incident have to do with this discussion? ... really?

Quote:
I understand that it is hard to take anything you know nothing of for face value. I have seen ALL the literature, and videos about the lodge, and like the bible, you can take Pikes books and out of context prove ANYTHING.

I OWN the "Morals And Dogma." I have Coyle and Mackey's works as well as Masonic monitors. I don't have them here with me here in this hotel room, but I assure you, after having read this stuff, I fail to see what you are saying here.

Quote:
Most folks do not realize the Pike was very senile in his later years, but the Lodge did not choose to make him look a fool. He wrote some good stuff, and some that is out there.

What "Good Stuff" has Pike written? What do you define as "Good"?

And what does Pike's senility have to do with it? If you are implying that his senility is some kind of explanation for the warped stuff he wrote, you're going to have to explain why so MANY of Freemasonry's leaders view his work as authoritative in nature.

Quote:
The CoG has at least as much underground junk as the lodge does, and Is still love them. We are Human. We mess up. Thank GOD we have HIS forgiveness. Please don't tear up something you do not know of first hand

I'm not a Mormon. But I know this doctrine to be false and antichristian. Why should I have to be a member of the Mormon Church to recognize that? Why then must one be a Freemason to discern its truth claims?

The CoG doesn't believe that Allah, Buddha or any other conception of God apart from His self-revelation as the Yahweh of Israel who became God manifest in the flesh as Christ is the one True God. Freemasonry does.

The CoG doesn't compel secrecy and doubletalk to avoid being seen for what it stands for. Freemasony counts on it.

agape

rafael[/quote]

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
5/4/06 7:26 pm

Post SGAPOBOY, Thanks! Servents Heart
Your answer is good enough for me. As for as the others....I know their mind s made up, and facts will not change it. I KNOW in whom I place MY Trust, that being Jesus, I have never had a Mason look me in the eye and lie to me, and about me. There are not many men in the World Or the Church that I can be so sure about.
It is near impossible to explain speculative masonry, to someone unless they are willing to dig, looking for where it came from. If you are looking for booggers, it is hard to see anything else. I have tried to explain to several Preachers/teachers what we ACTUALLY BELIEVE, but phrases taken out of context, and flat out lies in so many pamphlets are the only thing they are WILLING to see.
I DO know that the Church where I was reaped the fruit of my Masonic ties, in everything from a Bro. Mason clearing 10 acres of pine and brier thicket for free, the slab costing 1/3 of the estimated cost, even with 4 times the piers being drilled and filled. The brick work was donated, but kinfolk in the Church was out of work, so we paid them to do it. The Pastor at the time of building had a vision, and the Church flourished. god called him to start another work. The Pastors that followed varied, but the last 2 were hirelings. Now that Church is no longer CoG.
I don't live in the area any more, and there is no Cog withing 40 miles of here. I still serve God, but not always in CoG.
Hey, DOC
5/5/06 11:12 am

Post If the lodge is all that and a bag of chips...... sheepdogandy
Why go to church?

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/5/06 3:08 pm

Post Rev Rick
77% according to this poll in this post believe it to be harmful!! As a part of the 77%, no matter what good is done it is bad at the core. The appearance of an angel of light has to bear witness is scripture. I see no scripture to condone masons! IN CHRIST LOVE Rev Rick

////////////[}Sword of the Spirit
@#####{ ]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
\\\\\\\\\\\\[}Use it daily!
Friendly Face
5/5/06 4:36 pm

Post Rev. Rick Servents Heart
I go to Church, b.c I was raised that way, and I feel that it helps me with gaining strength from others, and also giving the same. I still love good teaching, and will ALWAYS feel like I need it. Religion or politics are not discussed in Lodge, and My beliefs are a big part of my life. I also like to share my Christian beliefs, and have lead several masons who believed in God, but had no relationship with him to a much closer walk.

I really DO appreciate your attitude. It says volumes!
Love in Christ (who by the way to ME is the GAOTU!)
Hey, DOC
5/5/06 5:00 pm

Post sgapoboy
there has been much writen about Freemasonry by a lot of different people. many different opinions. some true some false. just as there has been a lot of different versions of the bible writen. so take what you like and leave the rest. as servants heart has so explained, i have never been wronged by a master mason. i wish i could say that about my christian bro and sisters.

Last edited by sgapoboy on 5/5/06 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
5/5/06 5:34 pm

Post answer to speepdogandy sgapoboy
there is a big difference in the lodge and the church. but they go hand and hand in becoming a better person. Friendly Face
5/5/06 5:37 pm

Post Bullseye77
I have been blessed by the grace of God to be introduced to Jesus, the Light of the world. In the initiation ceremony into masonry, when asked what I was searching for, I'd be ashamed to insult Jesus in such a way by answering, "More light". I have Him, what more is needed?
5/5/06 8:41 pm

Post bullseye sgapoboy
wouldn't you like to receive all the gifts of the spirit. after you are saved couldn't this be considered more light. Friendly Face
5/5/06 8:46 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic