Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is Freemasonry Harmless?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Freemasonry Harmless?
Yes, it's harmless.
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
No, it's not harmless.
63%
 63%  [ 37 ]
It's harmless to a certain "degree". (No pun intended)
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Harmless to some, but not to others.
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Other. (Post your "other" below.)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 58

Message Author
Post Is Freemasonry Harmless? shaunbwilson
Is Freemasonry Harmless?

Last edited by shaunbwilson on 1/30/06 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin
1/23/06 8:49 am

Post Re: Is Freemasonry Harmless? Old Time Country Preacher
Freemasonry is about as harmless to the eternal soul as a coiled cornered rattlesnake is to the physical body..... Acts-pert Poster
1/23/06 10:57 am

Post My Father Belongs To Them BV COG
But he only pays his dues and that's about it, doesn't attend any meetings or anything like that, even recently stopped put their stickers on his cars too.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Acts-dicted
1/23/06 11:07 am

Post Re: Is Freemasonry Harmless? sheshe
I grew up in the Rainbows for girls. That is the girls division. Demolays are for boys. Easter Star is for women and men. The Masons are men only. White men only. (although there is a branch of black Masons that kind of started their own)

All four divisions are of the Free Masons.

My family has been involved for years. My dad is a 33rd degree Mason. Aunts, uncles, parents, cousins, and such have all grown up and been active in the Masons.

It is very much indeed harmful.
1/23/06 1:28 pm

Post Link shaunbwilson
Information about "Rainbows, Freemasonry" and "Rainbows, Assembly of God".

Google Answers
1/23/06 1:38 pm

Post Harmless or not, I need a freemason chicagorev
We have extensive tuckpoint work that needs to be done at the Church! Laughing

831 frequently interrupted periods of posting on the Old Acts. LOL
1/28/06 11:44 am

Post I Think That Most Freemason's Don't Have A Clue BV COG
I mean, they don't know half of the "teachings" and believes of the order.

Confused Confused Confused

Acts-dicted
1/28/06 12:01 pm

Post Interesting post .. but WHY is it "NOT harmless" Rafael D Martinez
I'd be interested in seeing replies to this ..

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
5/2/06 7:40 am

Post In MY experience... Yo Dude
I think that much of freemasonary is akin to what we have done to Halloween.

Remember when Halloween was just for fun, and even COG kids enjoyed it? It was just about dressing up, having fun, and getting lots of candy. Until the wrong group came along and made us feel like we were actively supporting Satan if we partook, made us feel guilty if we did, made us stop doing it if we wanted to be considered "real" Christians?

Freemasonary may indeed have a dark side. But for most participants it appears to be little more than a social organization that gives them a place to be, a club to belong to, a purpose outside of work, etc.

I tend to take most comments about freemasonary in the same stride as I take comments about the lurking "Illuminati." It's more conspiracy theory than truth. Again, in my experience.

I knew some good men who were masons. I cannot believe that IF freemasonary were making them do satanic things, etc., that they would not have utterly rebelled and stopped their practices.

Kind of like the TV show "Cheers." That is the BRIGHT side of drinking and going to the bar (you get the idea). There is also a dark side. Some people always wind up on the dark side...and others, like the idyllic drinking life on Cheers, seem to use the bar as a means of fellowship, friendship, and so forth.

I wouldn't belong to a lodge just for testimony reasons. But neither can I condemn those who do...SO LONG AS THEY ARE INDEED NOT PART OF THINGS CONTRARY TO CHRISTIAN GRACE AND THE SPIRIT OF GOD.

That's my opinion. I don't believe the scripture DIRECTLY bears out against freemasonry, though IF freemasonary indeed has anti-God elements, then the scripture would be against it.
Acts-dicted
5/2/06 9:22 am

Post freemasons sgapoboy
a mason is a man who professes a faith in god. as a man of faith, he uses the tools of moral and ethical truths to serve mankind. A mason binds himself to likeminded men in a brotherhood that transcends all religious, ethnic ,social, cultural, and educational differences. In fellowship with his brothers, a mason finds ways in which to serve his god his family, his fellowman and his country. A mason is dedicated. He recognizes his responsibility for justice , truth, charity, enlightenment, freedom and liberty , honesty and integrity in all aspects of human endeaver. Know what is so bad about being a mason? looks to me like we need some of this in the church of god. Friendly Face
5/2/06 9:55 am

Post Playing wiht fire famousflavius
If you are in the masons, get out you are in extreme danger and playing with fire. It is of the Devil. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
5/2/06 10:16 am

Post Re: Is Freemasonry Harmless? CoGKid50
No, it's not harmless.
5/2/06 10:57 am

Post Men of remown who were Masons Anakrino
George Washington
Benjamin Franklin
John Hancock
Paul Revere
James Monroe
Andrew Jackson
James Abram Garfield
Theodore Roosevelt
Harry S. Truman
Gerald R. Ford
Bob Dole
Winston Churchill
Douglas MacArthur
Trent Lott
Drs. William and Charles Mayo
Cy Young
Bart Starr
Roy Accuff
Roy Rogers

Certainly being a Mason was a harmful thing in the lives of these men!
5/2/06 11:02 am

Post Re: Is Freemasonry Harmless? sgapoboy
If you have never been a mason you dont know what you are talking about. There is nothing about Freemasonry that conflicts with any religion. I wish some of you would explain what is so harmful about it. Friendly Face
5/2/06 2:08 pm

Post Dear South GA poor boy....... sheepdogandy
You have got to be kidding?

Right?

So much information has been brought to "light" concerning this organization that I have trouble believing anyone with Evangelical/Pentecostal credentials would be "in the dark" about them.

Their own writings speak for themselves.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/2/06 2:34 pm

sheepdogy, i dont know what order you are talking about. i have been a mason for over fourty years . i have never seen this dark side that you are talking about. There are other orders that have formed from the freemasons. read my first post, that is the masons i know about. And i believe i am a better man for haveing been a part of it. And a better christian to. Friendly Face
5/2/06 2:57 pm

Post Try this...... sheepdogandy
"be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers"

"come out from among them and be ye separate"

What is the NAME of the great architect you as a mason recognize as the god who created the universe?

Clue: it's not JESUS.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/2/06 3:03 pm

We are not yoked with unbelievers. you have to profess your belief in God to be a mason. It is the same God you believe in. The creator of the universe. And most masons believe in Jesus. And the trinity Friendly Face
5/2/06 3:11 pm

Post Well... REVKC
Your wrong, to be a mason, you have to confess your beliefs in some sort of divine being or force. Nothing is specific as to which one. Jews, Christians, Muslims, Budhist, Hindus and other religions are accepted. I am not going to argue rather it's wrong or not I have not been in it, My uncle was one, and my pastor is against them (big uproar in the church.) I in not being one, do not have the experience to say ya or na. I will tell you this, my uncle was very active in our church, did practically everything he could for it, constantly was at work, and constantly helping, and constantly involved, after the uproar he no longer has anything to do with it. I will just sya this if the things I have heard are true, than I would be careful getting involved. You might say I am strong enough to resist a doctrine that is incorrect, but that is part of the lure of things, it eases you in to it, just like Catholics converting indians by easing them in. Friendly Face
5/2/06 3:39 pm

Good post revkc, as i have said before, if conflicts with no religious order. i do not participate actively any more, but i do support there principles. we have a home for children in macon ga. there are many good things that the masons do. i just wish people were more educated as to the good things they do. i do not regret having been a member of this great order. when i joined the masons i was a bad persons. through the principle of free masonry i was encourage to get a spiritual program working for me. i have been involve in my church know for many years. i still visit my lodge every year to visit old friends that guided me in the right direction. Friendly Face
5/2/06 3:54 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic