Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Do you go to hell for not hearing the gospel?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Do you go to hell for not hearing the gospel? caseyleejones
In another thread, it would seem that Billy Graham kind of gives those a pass for not having heard the gospel.....Pastor Randy might be intimating the same thing....I too kind of embrace that as well.

But.....

What about the muslim or budhist who have not heard about Jesus? Do they go to hell because they embraced a religion and not another in which they have never heard?

....but did not Paul say that when the law came to him, he died? Apparently he was not born spiritually dead.

Rom 7:9 KJV For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

It would seem that we were born spiritually alive...correct?
Acts-perienced Poster
12/29/10 11:48 am

Post Poimen
One goes to hell because they are sinners, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with hearing the gospel or not. The world is already condemned, and the wrath of God abides on all those who have not believed on the name of the Lord Jesus, including any who may have never heard it.

As Adrian Rogers once said, "Friend you may not have heard enough gospel to believe, but you've sinned enough to deserve hell."

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/29/10 1:55 pm

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Bill Kinley
No.....from things I've read here:

you go to hell for being a Democrat.....
you go to hell for drinking and smoking
you go to hell for pulling for Boise State
you go to hell for not being COG
you go to hell for not tithing

Anything outside of those things.....you're heaven bound..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
12/29/10 2:01 pm

Post Link
I agree with Poimen. A fiend of mine put it rather succinctly.

"No one goes to Hell for not hearing the Gospel. People go to Hell for sinning against God."

I believing thinking people somehow deserve heaven for not hearing the Gospel shows a lack of understanding of grace. If you realize that you were saved by God's grace even though you deserved Hell, how can you think other sinners as bad as you were who don't hear the Gospel are worthy of heaven?
12/29/10 2:17 pm

Post When It Is All Said & Done Remember The Words Of Jesus: Ronald
John 14:6-"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.'

If by ignorance of not hearing the gospel a man will go to heaven then why go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

One more scripture: Romans 1:20-"...so that they are without excuse:"
Friendly Face
12/29/10 2:28 pm

Post Troy Hamby
Poimen wrote:
The world is already condemned, and the wrath of God abides on all those who have not believed on the name of the Lord Jesus, including any who may have never heard it.

okay, so the obvious question is how are you supposed to believe on the name of the Lord Jesus if you've never heard of Jesus and don't know who Jesus is? I have a hard time believing that it's that black and white...
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
12/29/10 2:28 pm

Post Then explain something, how was Paul alive once? caseyleejones
It is clear he is not talking about his body. Then it must be his spirit....?

Can anyone explain this to a non-theological mind.
Acts-perienced Poster
12/29/10 2:30 pm

Post MFWKC
No...

You go to hell for rejecting God.

Roman 1:18-20

If you went to heaven for not hearing the gospel, then the best thing we could do is stop spreading the gospel. Which would be a direct contradiction to Jesus' command.

Just added: didn't mean to repeat another post. just read all the responses.

I am not real clear on my personnal stance on the predestination/election thing, but how then do you explain that I was born in a country where the gospel is everywhere and some are born in a village where none of their people have ever heard the gospel.

Last edited by MFWKC on 12/29/10 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerater
12/29/10 2:31 pm

Post MFWKC
Lord Chancellor wrote:
Man, you guys referencing Romans 1 don't even have a clue what Paul was saying, there, huh?

The point is to add to the discussion....not just speak down to others.

Please enlighten us on your thoughts.
Acts-celerater
12/29/10 2:45 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
If a baby that dies doesn't go to hell, neither does anybody else who doesn't comprehend it. It's the same logic. Acts-pert Poster
12/29/10 3:10 pm

Post MFWKC
Eddie Robbins wrote:
If a baby that dies doesn't go to hell, neither does anybody else who doesn't comprehend it. It's the same logic.

I agree with those who can't make the decision.

I guess it does say to the rest of us that God has made himself known.

Maybe I am reading that wrong, but it doesn't really matter.

The command is still to go into all the world either way.
Acts-celerater
12/29/10 3:27 pm

Post Long Post - Hope it Helps FG Minister
Will all those people who have never heard of Jesus Christ be sent to hell? First we must note that the Bible says God will judge all people righteously. It seems there will be a stricter judgment for those who have rejected the gospel of Jesus Christ than those who have never heard. Paul tells us that those who have never heard of the law are not imputed sin under the law. Paul also tells us that those who follow the law (e.g., practicing Jews) will be judged by the law. (Romans 2:14-16)
A further indication that the judgment of God is based upon what we know and what we have been given can be seen in a warning by James: Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we shall incur a stricter judgment. (James 3:1)

In other words, those who know the gospel, study it, and teach it will be under stricter judgment, since they have the ability of guide others, or lead them astray. Jesus, in the parable of the Master and the slaves (Luke 12:41-48) talked about the difference in judgment between those who know the will of God vs. those who do not know: “And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, shall receive many lashes, but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more. (Luke 12:47-48)

So it appears there are different levels of punishment based upon whet you know. (This is where babies and the mentally handicapped get exempted). But the rest of us, no matter who you are, have a conscience. But we must dispel a false assumption - the Christian God is fair. God is not fair. God created human beings with a conscience that 1) tells them when they do wrong and 2) tells them that God exists.

I took an anthropology course in college in the late 70’s and the only thing I remember was this quote by the professor: every culture known to man, living or extinct, has believed in a higher power – a God. We have evidences of statues, totem poles, and other objects of worship.” The professor was an atheist by the way. All people have a conscience.
When we violate our conscience (something that all human beings have done), we know that we have sinned.

Christianity says that all have sinned and, therefore, fall under the judgment of God. In order to be fair, God must judge all sin. Therefore, in order to be fair, God should condemn all people to hell. However, the Christian God is not fair, since He chooses to save those who accept His mercy. Those who want to experience the fairness of God will receive just that - God will judge them fairly.

For the rest of us, who prefer mercy to fairness, God will save us, whether we are Hindus, Buddhists or whatever. Those who haven't heard the gospel will be judged on the basis of the information they were given and how they responded to it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out whether or not you are doing what your conscience tells you to do. A baby doesn’t know right from wrong and God judges accordingly. But all adults have a conscience.

Believe it or not, things could be much worse and "unfair" had you been created as an angel instead of a human. Atheists often complain that the evidence is insufficient to believe in God and would have preferred to be in a creation where they could see God directly. This sounds good on the surface, but God's judgment on those who have direct evidence of His existence is significantly more severe. The angels, who have seen God directly, have no latitude regarding sin. In other words, all angels who have sinned - even one time - have already been cast out of the presence of God and will be thrown into hell at the judgment. Personally, I am glad that I am a human, and have not seen God directly yet.
I know people who had never heard the gospel until later in life, but they will tell you they always knew they were not doing God’s will. Those who respond to their conscience will be led to the truth. Those who want to justify their unbelief will be judged according to "fairness."

So for goodness sakes – go into all the world and preach the gospel! Their conscience is telling them there is a God – so tell them his name and give them His word!
Acts-celerater
12/29/10 4:38 pm

Post Recall all missionaries immediately doyle
If people can go to heaven without hearing the Gospel but if they hear and refuse they are lost, then shouldn't all missionaries be recalled immediately?
12/29/10 5:02 pm

Post Nick Park
Eddie Robbins wrote:
If a baby that dies doesn't go to hell, neither does anybody else who doesn't comprehend it. It's the same logic.

No, it isn't the same logic.

The reason a baby doesn't go to hell is nothing to do whether the baby has heard the Gospel or not. It's all to do with the fact that a baby hasn't sinned.

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
12/29/10 5:21 pm

Post The Ideal is... Pastors Friend
for all people to hear the gospel and be saved. The reality is that many have died who have not heard the gospel. Eddie remarks regarding a baby passing also gives rise to those who are mentally incapable of understanding salvation. Are they lost or saved? I think Gods Grace and Mercy is far beyond our human comprehension. It is sin that separates us from God. It would be easy for me to say my severely mentally handicapped nephew is saved, but God is the ultimate judge of it all.

A lady in California had a daughter that was murdered. She swears the person who did this would rot/burn in hell forever. The man who murdered her daughter got saved in prison, and is now heading a prison ministry while still in prison. She said it was impossible for him to be saved, because he murdered her daughter. Is God's Grace powerful enough to forgive a murderer? Of course it is! So, all is a matter of Gods Grace and Mercy.
Acts Enthusiast
12/29/10 5:22 pm

Post Daniel Rushing
Nick Park wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

The reason a baby doesn't go to hell is nothing to do whether the baby has heard the Gospel or not. It's all to do with the fact that a baby hasn't sinned.

So what about a three year old who has sinned?
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/29/10 5:24 pm

Post Re: Recall all missionaries immediately Daniel Rushing
doyle wrote:
If people can go to heaven without hearing the Gospel but if they hear and refuse they are lost, then shouldn't all missionaries be recalled immediately?

No, because the gospel is much more than a "get out of hell free card". It can change the way they live life now.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/29/10 5:25 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Nick Park wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Very Happy

So, I guess ALL doesn't mean ALL. And we're not born into sin.

What is sin?

Nick, what about the man who died 10 minutes after the cross? Hell fire for him?

I'm glad y'all aren't God. Very Happy
Acts-pert Poster
12/29/10 5:27 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
This discussion comes from folks being raised with the fear of hell. That's the reason we got saved. We didn't want to go to hell. If you do this, you'll go to hell. If you do that, you'll go to hell. It's a works based belief. Sad stuff. I am over that mess. I am saved because I believe that Jesus is who He says He is and not because of the fear of hell. It is almost like some Christians are excited that others are going to hell. I am SO grateful that it is NOT God's will that ANY would perish. His love is a power that we can't comprehend. Like Loran says...Jesus is not mean. Acts-pert Poster
12/29/10 5:32 pm

Post Nick Park
Eddie Robbins wrote:

So, I guess ALL doesn't mean ALL. And we're not born into sin.

Of course we aren't all born guilty of sin. We're born with a bent towards sin. And, given enough rope, we end up committing sin.

Quote:
What is sin?

Transgression against the laws of God.

Quote:
Nick, what about the man who died 10 minutes after the cross? Hell fire for him?

So Eddie, if a pedophile who murdered 100 children died 10 minutes after the Cross, do you think he should walk into heaven because he never had an opportunity to hear the Gospel? Or do you he should be judged for the sins he committed?

Quote:
I'm glad y'all aren't God. Very Happy

I've not condemned anyone to hell. I leave that to God. I just pointed out the flaw in your logic. Very Happy

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
12/29/10 5:39 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic