Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Secular Music in Church. WWJD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: I dont get it String Bender55
Charlie Metz wrote:
I just dont get it. I am surprised but I guess I shouldnt be. I remember growing up in church when we would have preachers talking about the sins of rock music. Some of that stuff was legalism but I do believe there is meat to it. I mean, look at what rock music stands for. Look at what the musicians stand for. Do we as a church now take a stance that it is ok to promote their activities since we suport their work? Should we play Brittany Spears music and say it is ok to go out and get trashed with your friends? Maybe we should play Led Zepplin's Highway to Heaven and tell everyone it is ok because it has heaven in the title! What are we coming to? Is there no separation? Are we to conform to the world?

What is the purpose of music in church? Is it worship? If so, then why are we not singing music that lifts up God? When we are in His house we are there to bring glory to our almighty God! Do you think playing Pink Floyd's Money brings glory to God? I am just so amazed at what we are debating today in the church.

Oh yea, just so you dont think I am some 70 yr old COG oldy, I am 31 yrs old and I believe in holiness, sanctification (that is separation from sin for those seekers who are reading this:) ), evangelism, and telling people that if they dont accept the only way to heaven, through Christ, then there is a penalty to pay and that penalty is eternal torment in hell. I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I believe in the power of the Holy Spirit. I believe the Holy Spirit operates today in believers who are wiling to follow Christ wholeheartedly and strive to be different from the world. I am frustrated...these would seem like normal things you would believe in, but sometimes I scratch my head and wonder what is wrong with the church today. (stepping down from soap box before I really get going here). HOLINESS...it is what we need to strive for...to be like Christ...not to be like the world!
Like in days of old, when it was written in Acts 10:15 The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." The music is the vehicle, the lyrics are the message, The Word, the Good news, the gospel..............
8/26/11 7:14 am

Post Re: Bon Jovi and Jennifer Nettles Clint Wills
rakj wrote:
One of the greatest dramas we've ever had presented at our church was done recently to the Bon Jovi tune "Who Says You Can't Go Home" featuring Jennifer Nettles. It was awesome. I almost shouted to Bon Jovi.
I agree with Geoff Moore. Why Should The Devil Have All The Good Music?

I'm pretty sure that you are agreeing with Larry Norman...but I get the point.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/23/12 7:02 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic