Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Preaching Other Minister's Sermons... When Should You Do It?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I think it all boils down to.... stp89
Diligent study of the Word and prayer.... or laziness on the part of the minister. Admittedly, I have preached "other people's" sermons before (can't remember if I gave them credit or not Embarassed ) but I don't make it a habit.

I've found that it's hard to preach with conviction and anointing anything that I haven't thoroughly studied and soaked in prayer myself.

Having said that, sometimes hearing a great sermon from someone else will inspire me to search out the text myself to see what I can glean from it. Didn't Paul command that some of his letters be read to different churches? In essense, they were getting the same "material" that others had received (perhaps that's apples & oranges I dunno).

I think the notion that a preacher would simply copy (or download) the thoughts of another without studying himself rubs everybody the wrong way...as well it should.

II Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (KJV)
Acts Enthusiast
5/17/06 4:13 pm

Post Yep ripitman
You have to do your own home work. Hey, DOC
5/18/06 12:08 am

Post I get my best messages... roughridercog
from listening to great preaching.

When I'm listening to the message, something out of a blue sky fires my mind and imagination. I'm taking notes and it may be just a phrase. Sometimes it's just a word.

The greatest compliment to a message is that it inspires ministry.
Acts Mod
5/18/06 9:05 am

Post When should you preach another man's sermon curly
anytime you want to. nuck nuck nuck Acts Enthusiast
5/19/06 12:48 am

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic