Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Trump quotes Mussolini via Twitter retweet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Eddie Robbins
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Eddie says Satan is the lion.
Others say Jesus is the lion.

So I guess the lion metaphor should be used depending on the situation - which is how Trump used it.

The hysteria of folks right now is ridiculous.

Hysteria is when someone quotes me when all I did was write a scripture to consider. I don't believe I said that Satan is a lion, did I? That was Peter. But, thanks for the promotion.
Acts-pert Poster
2/29/16 6:33 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:

So I guess the lion metaphor should be used depending on the situation - which is how Trump used it.

Hysteria is when someone quotes me when all I did was write a scripture to consider. I don't believe I said that Satan is a lion, did I? That was Peter. But, thanks for the promotion.

Does anyone on here believe that when you posted that scripture - you did not want to refer to satan as the lion...and infer that others that think of themselves as a lion are related to satan?
Do you think we are that dumb?
2/29/16 8:17 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:

Do you believe Trump can build a wall on the border and make Mexico pay for it? Do you believe Trump will deport 11 million illegals in 4 years? Do you believe Trump is a conservative?
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/29/16 8:51 am

Post Eddie Robbins
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

Do you believe Trump can build a wall on the border and make Mexico pay for it? Do you believe Trump will deport 11 million illegals in 4 years? Do you believe Trump is a conservative?

Don't answer that! Seriously, I don't think they are dumb, just totally deceived. I'm praying for them.
Acts-pert Poster
2/29/16 4:37 pm

Post John Jett
No one believes Donald Trump is a conservative, they don't care, they want to blow up the Republican party for its failure to beat the democrats in an increasingly liberal country. Frustration at the cold-hard facts is what this is about. Re-shaping the GOP into a populist, big-government, crony-capitalist party just like the Democratic party with one or two differences per election cycle is exactly like Great Britain. Kiss everything we've worked for goodbye. They could have voted for a true outsider that the establishment has proven its hate for (Cruz), but instead they are going with the loud-mouth billionaire who knows exactly how to play people with lesser intellect than himself, he's done it for years, just look at the fools who paid for his "university" Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
2/29/16 4:41 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
The GOP should have never allowed him to run. That's their bad. The Dems shouldn't have allowed Bernie to run either. Acts-pert Poster
2/29/16 5:25 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

I believe Trump wants to do those things.
Perhaps he will fail - but at least he will try.
I think.
I hope.

It doesn't matter - Iowa and Nevada have spoken - most of the candidates are already GONE.
2/29/16 7:01 pm

Post Cojak
John Jett wrote:
No one believes Donald Trump is a conservative, they don't care, they want to blow up the Republican party for its failure to beat the democrats in an increasingly liberal country. Frustration at the cold-hard facts is what this is about. Re-shaping the GOP into a populist, big-government, crony-capitalist party just like the Democratic party with one or two differences per election cycle is exactly like Great Britain. "

I completely agree with this part JJ, the other I will have to wait-n-see, BUT so far the establishment HAS NOT accepted Trump. I am not sure they will. And that is because they cannot see the writing on the wall, the GOP as it has been is gone. The powers that be left its base years ago and have forgotten to take the pulse.

I am like another regular poster, I like what Trump says, I just wish someone else was saying it.

Can he do what he says, probably not. Can his competitors do what they say, most likely not. Do they all stretch the truth, you bet.

But I am saying if Trump gets the nomination, I will vote for him, and hope for the best. That is not a complete shot in the dark, I had much rather have him in place than Hillary. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/29/16 8:51 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:

SURE EDDIE! You didn't mean to imply.....
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/29/16 8:53 pm

Post UncleJD
what's all the hubbub about? The Bible says Satan is the one going about as a lion seeking whom he may destroy. Its that kind of lion that destroys sheep. Jesus (the Lion of Judah) is the kind of lion that lays down with them. We are the sheep of His pasture. Its really not a matter of interpretation. If someone claims they want to be the lion INSTEAD of the sheep, they are either claiming they want to be Christ, or that they want to be the kind of lion that eats sheep. Which one does Trump want to be? Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/29/16 9:10 pm

Post MUSOLINNI was a LIGHTWEIGHT compared to some people I have quoted doyle
In articles I've written and in sermons I've preached, I have quoted Stalin and Hitler, with the two of them having caused the butchering of a hundred million people.

I have even quoted THE DEVIL before, and most other preachers have too, but that doesn't mean I support the Devil, Stalin or Hitler. I also have quoted Mao who killed millions of his own people, but I do not support any of these vicious people in any way.

The Devil said to Eve,"Have some fruit. "You will not surely die."

Doyle
3/2/16 10:41 pm

Post Re: MUSOLINNI was a LIGHTWEIGHT compared to some people I have quoted bonnie knox
The point is that Trump admires strength no matter how brutal and dictatorial. He praised the Chinese for their strength in cracking down on the demonstrators in Tiananmen Square. (Remember when the tanks ran over and killed those demonstrating in favor of democracy?) He praised North Korean leader Kim Jong-un for doing a good job at such a young age. He gave a pass on Putin's human rights abuses by glibly saying, "At least he's a leader."
The issue isn't that Trump quoted someone. The issue is what principle motivates him to admire a certain kind of leader. I don't see a concern for human rights or democracy; I just see someone with a yuge ego who wants to be the top guy in the country.

doyle wrote:
In articles I've written and in sermons I've preached, I have quoted Stalin and Hitler, with the two of them having caused the butchering of a hundred million people.

I have even quoted THE DEVIL before, and most other preachers have too, but that doesn't mean I support the Devil, Stalin or Hitler. I also have quoted Mao who killed millions of his own people, but I do not support any of these vicious people in any way.

The Devil said to Eve,"Have some fruit. "You will not surely die."

Doyle
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/2/16 11:03 pm

Post Preacher777
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Is it smart to quote Mussolini? That's the point.

No, it is not smart to quote Mussolini. But then again, few people know anything about Mussolini.

When the Reich assassinated Austria's dictator and annexed the country(actually, 90% of Austrians were thrilled Hitler was annexing them), Mussolini begged Britain and France to form a military alliance with him to invade Germany and take out Hitler. And how was Mussolini rewarded for this suggestion? FDR pressured the UK to terminate its ties with Italy and Japan, which they did, and which drove both countries into the arms of Hitler.

Furthermore, Mussolini openly resisted Hitler's demand to deport Italy's Jews. Many Axis nations did not hold to Hitler's racial views entirely.

But since most people assume Mussolini was exactly like Hitler, and believe the over-simplified version of that era's history that is taught in America, it is not wise for Trump to quote Mussolini.

Thank you Resident for all of the great insights about the situation with Mussolini. I ask this in a complimentary way. Do you have some type of degree in a history type of area or do you just read a lot? I am curious because I never heard this type of information about Mussolini and am grateful for your insights in this area.
Friendly Face
3/3/16 11:57 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Preacher777 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Is it smart to quote Mussolini? That's the point.

No, it is not smart to quote Mussolini. But then again, few people know anything about Mussolini.

When the Reich assassinated Austria's dictator and annexed the country(actually, 90% of Austrians were thrilled Hitler was annexing them), Mussolini begged Britain and France to form a military alliance with him to invade Germany and take out Hitler. And how was Mussolini rewarded for this suggestion? FDR pressured the UK to terminate its ties with Italy and Japan, which they did, and which drove both countries into the arms of Hitler.

Furthermore, Mussolini openly resisted Hitler's demand to deport Italy's Jews. Many Axis nations did not hold to Hitler's racial views entirely.

But since most people assume Mussolini was exactly like Hitler, and believe the over-simplified version of that era's history that is taught in America, it is not wise for Trump to quote Mussolini.

Thank you Resident for all of the great insights about the situation with Mussolini. I ask this in a complimentary way. Do you have some type of degree in a history type of area or do you just read a lot? I am curious because I never heard this type of information about Mussolini and am grateful for your insights in this area.

I just read allot. But I am about to pursue a Masters in either government or history. Thank you for the kind words.
3/3/16 12:18 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic