Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Perry Stone in Jacksonville Sunday night
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Nature Boy Florida
Why you still beating up Branham? That apologist has been gone over three years.
Are you that boring that you can't find any fresh attacks?
1/13/16 11:11 am

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
Agreed OTCP Thumb Up

Yep we members can learn also. Embarassed

Thumb Up Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/13/16 11:28 am

Post Bonnie, maqqebet
bonnie knox wrote:
I think the sticking point might be before you get to the "and if not" phrase.
Some versions use a comma after "wilt," so that there is a complete clause there: "If Thou wilt, [then] forgive their sins...." but the KJV doesn't have a comma and could be read as an introductory clause that is unfinished: "If Thou wilt forgive their sins..." [then what?]. In that way, someone might want to finish out the "then what" and be tempted to think the dash is in place of the "then what."

I take the position of some Jewish translators: There are only better or worse translations rather than right or wrong.

Regardless, the better translations can be helpful while worse harmful.

I yield to greater scholars than myself and what I presented is from a traditional Hebraic position. I have no current Hebrew scholars in Israel available to me; and certainly I didn't receive what I posted as a "revelation" but investigation. The degree of the Spirit's inspiration is, no doubt, debatable.

I just search for the truth no matter where it leads me, and sometime it leads me in a path contrary to popular belief.
"Who is like you, Adonai, among the mighty?" (Exodus 15:11, CJB)
Acts Enthusiast
1/13/16 11:48 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Why you still beating up Branham? That apologist has been gone over three years.
Are you that boring that you can't find any fresh attacks?

NBF, search the Actscelerate archives. You will find that the ole timer had discussed Branham long before our once resident Branhamite, Dr. Shane ThD, ever registered with Acts. It went big time when Dr Shane was on Acts, an its been brought up periodically the last 3 years. Never think the ole timers posts are directed at a single entity alone. They engage error in general an on numerous levels. You use the word "attack" like its some kinda overt terrorist tactic. Nope, a much better and more clearly defined term for OTCP's ministry is "POLEMIC."
Acts-pert Poster
1/13/16 3:05 pm

Post I think caseyleejones
he is an okay guy......but I wish he would reveal those secret sources high up in the government that's telling him everything...... Acts-perienced Poster
1/13/16 9:00 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Mat/Aaron, there is no official OTCP interpretation, as I aint the final authority in these matters, even though you boys is trying to project that I think I am. Aint the case at all.

The dash is simply a matter of grammatical structure. There is no hidden "anything." No Bible code. No hidden Hebraism(s). Nothing God hid there in the original manuscript an just revealed it in 1980 to them in the know.

Finally, these posts aint a attack on Perry. NBF asked if I was gonna go to the Jacksonville meetin, I said no and told him why. Perry is a likeable feller an I don't sense any arrogance about him. My one an only concern about "this type a ministry," no matter who it is, is the high percentage of pure speculation, set forth as deified truth, and the number of Pentecostals (laity an preacher boys) who hang on ever word, ever new book, etc., a guys like this (Perry, Parsley, et al) as though these fellers had a "Telephone to Glory, Oh what joy divine, an if ya really wanna hear from God, listen to these words a mine."

#ain't-happenin-in-Pikeville

And then there are those folk who actually study the Word for themselves instead of taking everything ANYBODY says as gospel if it doesn't line up with the Word.

Eat the meat & spit the bones. You sure are missin' a lot of meat.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/14/16 12:29 am

Post Also at Florida Campmeeting this Year spartanfan
Yep. You can also hear Perry at the Florida Campmeeting this year - where you won't be hearing a lot of the folks that are critical of him and don't like his kind of preaching. Perry is doing so much good for the Kingdom of God - touching so many lives with the truth. His ministry has grown bigger perhaps than any other CoG minister ever in our history - reaching more people with the Gospel- young and old and all in between. And he's been doing it without one single mark against his reputation as a sanctified and Spirit-filled minister. If all we can do is throw stones at our very best (and those outside of our denomination that we invite to speak at our General Assemblies, I might add) then we need to find another way to fill our time, IMHO. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/14/16 7:21 am

Post Re: Also at Florida Campmeeting this Year Old Time Country Preacher
spartanfan wrote:
Yep. You can also hear Perry at the Florida Campmeeting this year - where you won't be hearing a lot of the folks that are critical of him and don't like his kind of preaching. Perry is doing so much good for the Kingdom of God - touching so many lives with the truth. His ministry has grown bigger perhaps than any other CoG minister ever in our history - reaching more people with the Gospel- young and old and all in between. And he's been doing it without one single mark against his reputation as a sanctified and Spirit-filled minister. If all we can do is throw stones at our very best (and those outside of our denomination that we invite to speak at our General Assemblies, I might add) then we need to find another way to fill our time, IMHO.

And for this Perry is to be highly commended!
Acts-pert Poster
1/14/16 11:00 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic