Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why So Many Aren't Healed: Midrash Reveals You Must Be a Tassel Tickler
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Why So Many Aren't Healed: Midrash Reveals You Must Be a Tassel Tickler Old Time Country Preacher
Not many people know this, so don't tell anybody. An anonymous Rabbi told the ole timer that the Midrash reveals the reason why so many folk are not healed when they pray. On the left side of the seamless robe worn by our Lord, the seamstress who made the robe, being led by Gabriel to do so, inserted 3 Tiny Tassels (called wings). I have it from a very credible source that since "healing is in his wings" (or the tassels at the bottom of the robe), it wasn't just any of the tassels. As a matter of fact, this is why most folk don't get healed. It had to be one of those 3 hidden tassels just underneath the hemline on the left side of the garment. This is why the woman with the issue of blood was healed, she didn't just grab the hem of his garment. This woman touched the 3rd of the tiny tassels, with the 3rd finger from the thumb, of her left hand (which is the finger we wear a wedding band on, and this is the origin of why we wear it on that particular finger). The moment her 3rd finger from the thumb, touched the 3rd hidden tassel, the 3rd Person of the Godhead placed the healing that was resident in Jesus human person on this woman and she was healed. Acts-pert Poster
1/14/16 12:24 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Some a you fellers can't wait to run out an purchase the latest sensationalistic book by folk who has wrote a steady stream of em, an ya hang on ever word as though it come straight from heaven. Yet, nobody wants to respond to the ole timer's hidden insight, which is just as valid as some a the stuff yall fellers been buying an readin, like:

Blood Moons
Shemitah
Generational Curses what needs to be cast outta Christians
Purgin ya home from demons
Gold fillins
Angel feathers
Prayer shawls
Shofar tootin
Blessins a the Passover
Meals what Heals
et al
etc
ad nauseam
ad infinitum
Acts-pert Poster
1/14/16 11:18 am

Post UncleJD
Did the old rabbi have any insight on how one is to go about touching this tassel? Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/14/16 11:22 am

UncleJD wrote:
Did the old rabbi have any insight on how one is to go about touching this tassel?

Indeed he did! The answer is given on Day 21 of the Daniel Diet. The question was heard the first day, but the Prince of Persia hindered the arrival of the answer. On Day 21, after eatin a heapin helpin a green beans, corn an taters, three times a day, the answer is given.
Acts-pert Poster
1/14/16 11:29 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Some a you fellers can't wait to run out an purchase the latest sensationalistic book by folk who has wrote a steady stream of em, an ya hang on ever word as though it come straight from heaven.

Can you name one poster on this board who meets this description?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/14/16 1:35 pm

Post Link
Hebrews were commanded to wear tassels on their garments. I think I may have heard that the hem of his garment may have referred to these. I haven't studied it out, but that part of it doesn't seem so unreasonable. One garment he wore at crucifixion, possibly the outer one, did not have a seam. But Jesus healed lots of people without them having to touch the hem of His garment.
1/14/16 2:04 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:
Some a you fellers can't wait to run out an purchase the latest sensationalistic book by folk who has wrote a steady stream of em, an ya hang on ever word as though it come straight from heaven.

Just them what's constantly promotin some a these themes and authors.

You still on Sabbatical Dave? Wink
Acts-pert Poster
1/14/16 2:09 pm

Post What I have observed in 40 years maqqebet
of labor in the Church of God is:

Pentecostals can be (emphasis upon can be):

Faddish
    Gullible
    and "carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of me, by craftiness in deceitful scheming" (Eph 4:14).

Removing the sensationalism in which some of the "teachings" you list, as well as the absurd, there is merit in some of the thoughts you suggest.

There is merit to

the end-time themes suggested by the Feasts of Yahweh in Leviticus, as well as Blood Moons, and Shemitah, as well as the sounding of the Shofar...

cultural background can be drawn from the Tallit with the fringes (Prayer shawls were not around in 1st-century Judaism), not only with regards to the Woman with an Issue of Blood, but the Samaritan Woman as well.

While I can appreciate the parody and the concern for the deceiving, money-making schemes exploiting the faddish, gullibility of some (if not many), by not taking time to address these issues in their proper context and applied properly, we may be guilty of creating the vacuum in which the fad and false find refuge.

I realize many pastors/teachers don't have interest and/or time to give these issues any thought, especially in light of the volume of so many other issues.

Yet, many of the problems encountered might be headed off if we took more time to focus upon discipleship rather than through all our eggs into the one basket of evangelistic services every time the door is open, or creating a circus to draw and entertain people who are destined hang around until some better clown opens up an more entertaining side-show.
"Who is like you, Adonai, among the mighty?" (Exodus 15:11, CJB)
Acts Enthusiast
1/14/16 2:12 pm

Link wrote:
Hebrews were commanded to wear tassels on their garments. I think I may have heard that the hem of his garment may have referred to these. I haven't studied it out, but that part of it doesn't seem so unreasonable. One garment he wore at crucifixion, possibly the outer one, did not have a seam. But Jesus healed lots of people without them having to touch the hem of His garment.

An you done hit nail on the head, Link. When fellers take the time to research pop teaching, most of it fails to meet careful exegesis. Well done my son, them Ph.D. research skill you acquired is serving ya well.
Acts-pert Poster
1/14/16 2:13 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Just them what's constantly promotin some a these themes and authors

So... no?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/14/16 2:17 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Just them what's constantly promotin some a these themes and authors

So... no?

Dave, son, now with all my time spent blessin/helpin folk, the ole timer aint got time to sift through all them Acts archives an specify who has promoted or talked favorable bout some a the things I listed. You an me both know some Acts posters have posted favorably bout some of it. I didn't have no certain person in mind when I posted it, just a kind/gentle reminder to the Acts family to be on the trippy toes when it comes to this stuff. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
1/14/16 2:41 pm

Post Re: What I have observed in 40 years Old Time Country Preacher
maqqebet wrote:
I can appreciate the parody and the concern for the deceiving, money-making schemes exploiting the faddish, gullibility of some (if not many)...creating a circus to draw and entertain people who are destined hang around until some better clown opens up an more entertaining side-show.

The above descriptive, Maq, it specifically what the ole timer was addressing.
Acts-pert Poster
1/14/16 2:43 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
It really bothers me that you continue to mock this.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/15/16 11:31 pm

Carolyn Smith wrote:
It really bothers me that you continue to mock this.

What are you referencing, Carolyn? This:

Blood Moons
Shemitah
Gold fillins
Angel feathers
Prayer shawls
Shofar tootin
Blessins a the Passover
Meals what Heals
et al
etc
ad nauseam
ad infinitum
Acts-pert Poster
1/16/16 9:22 am

Post Carolyn Smith
It doesn't really matter. None of those things could possibly have any value or merit since you don't see any in it.
1/16/16 1:01 pm

Carolyn Smith wrote:
It doesn't really matter. None of those things could possibly have any value or merit since you don't see any in it.

They is no mandate in Scripture to engage in even one a the things listed below. So in terms of my relationship to Jesus Christ, I agree with you, not one of them has any merit/value. Now, can they enhance learning, warn folk, etc.? Yep, but this aint the way they presented by their promoters. They are presented as something essential. Like if ya don't have a prayer shawl ya can't really truly pray right. Or if ya don't use a shofar in worship, ya cant git quite as close to God. This is where my problem lies.

Blood Moons
Shemitah
Gold fillins
Angel feathers
Prayer shawls
Shofar tootin
Blessins a the Passover
Meals what Heals
Acts-pert Poster
1/16/16 1:49 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Carolyn Smith wrote:

They is no mandate in Scripture to engage in even one a the things listed below. So in terms of my relationship to Jesus Christ, I agree with you, not one of them has any merit/value. Now, can they enhance learning, warn folk, etc.? Yep, but this aint the way they presented by their promoters. They are presented as something essential. Like if ya don't have a prayer shawl ya can't really truly pray right. Or if ya don't use a shofar in worship, ya cant git quite as close to God. This is where my problem lies.

Not everyone promotes it that way or believes you must have it to be close to God. You mock what you do not understand or agree with.

I don't see a mandate in Scripture for singing Southern Gospel music or using LCD monitors to show the words to the songs, and yet they are tools we use in our churches. Why not mock them?
1/16/16 7:07 pm

Carolyn Smith wrote:
Not everyone promotes it that way or believes you must have it to be close to God. You mock what you do not understand or agree with.

I don't see a mandate in Scripture for singing Southern Gospel music or using LCD monitors to show the words to the songs, and yet they are tools we use in our churches. Why not mock them?

You're right, not everyone promotes it that way. But I do understand, I simply don't agree with it. But its not so much that I disagree with it, I believe it leads folk to error cause it aint biblical the way its presented by so many.

Southern gospel an LCD monitors? Ive never seen anybody promote these things like the stuff in list.
Acts-pert Poster
1/16/16 11:17 pm

Post bonnie knox
What's a midrash? Is that like shingles around your waist or is it like halfway between a little itch and a full blown rash? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/16/16 11:26 pm

Post Bonnie, if you are serious:Midrash is maqqebet
from the Hebrew root, darash meaning to seek with care, inquire, and Midrash means record.

It is one of three branches of the Oral Law that can be described as the letter of the law because it gives the meaning or translation of the word or text.

The other two branches of the Torah Shebe'al Peh (Oral Law) are Halakhah (walk and addresses what is permitted and forbidden, clean or unclean, lawful or unlawful and is described as binding and loosening).

The third branch is the Haggadah, consists of commentary and includes parables, historical events, or draw from scientific and medical knowledge. It has been described as introducing "a living spirit into the dry legal commandments; it enriches the Law with poetic softness and lends character and beauty" - or the Spirit of the Law.
"Who is like you, Adonai, among the mighty?" (Exodus 15:11, CJB)
Acts Enthusiast
1/17/16 12:09 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic