Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The INIMITABLE Kevin Wallace now ministers outside COG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post diakoneo
Ciao???

Shocked Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/14/17 1:59 pm

Post bonnie knox
That aprilmay!

diakoneo wrote:
Ciao???

Shocked Smile
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/14/17 2:14 pm

Post caveator
georgiapath wrote:
He is not related to anyone in the cog, he has made it on his own. I would say the money plays a big role, why send it to Cleveland to waste on big salaries when it can be used to help people in need.

This has to be one of the most uninformed and ludicrous statements that I have ever read on this website. That is saying a lot!
Acts-celerater
3/14/17 2:34 pm

Post Ooltewah Stays CoG spartanfan
Kevin takes the Chat properties. The CoG takes Ooltewah and the state overseer of TN will manage it until a new pastor is appointed at Redemption Point CoG in Ooltewah. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/14/17 2:35 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Interesting sparty. More to this hasty move than meets the eye imho if u r giving up a main campus and the obvious cog stamp of approval he enjoyed.
3/14/17 2:40 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I have wondered whether or not the Redemption School of Ministry deal (and its property) might have something to do with all this. It seemed to me that there had to be a lot of resistance in the Cleveland hierarchy to the proposed placement of a new school of ministry in such close proximity to Lee and PTS. It also seemed to be a huge step for KW and RP to buy the Highland Park campus, if the only reason was to start a ministry school there. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/14/17 3:20 pm

Post diakoneo
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I have wondered whether or not the Redemption School of Ministry deal (and its property) might have something to do with all this. It seemed to me that there had to be a lot of resistance in the Cleveland hierarchy to the proposed placement of a new school of ministry in such close proximity to Lee and PTS. It also seemed to be a huge step for KW and RP to buy the Highland Park campus, if the only reason was to start a ministry school there.

Yes
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/14/17 4:30 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
This was posted on the COG - Cleveland TN FB page today. (Not an official page...I think it was started by Eddie originally.) It was posted by someone I don't know, but it sounds legit.

This is a repost:

Hopefully this will clear some things concerning Pastor Kevin Wallace - please keep the leadership in prayer;

"As you may have heard, Pastor Kevin Wallace announced on Sunday that he will no longer be affiliated with the Church of God. Pastor Wallace will continue his independent ministry at the Highland Park location in Chattanooga as Redemption to the Nations Church.

The Redemption Point Church of God will operate at its regular location in Ooltewah under the guidance and direction of the Tennessee Church of God State Office. Until a permanent pastor is selected and appointed, I will serve as Interim Pastor during the transition period.
Please join with me in prayer for the Redemption Point Church during this season of transition.

The Good Hand of God is upon us."

Blessings,

Mitchell E. Corder
TN State Administrative Bishop
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/14/17 5:20 pm

Post Jason Justus
I must say... I don't post on here and very rarely get on acts-celerate... However, this has really bothered me for some reason? I don't know why it has- but this has weighed on my spirit! To me the Church of God pushed him hard and hey we got to hear a TON of great messages that most of us heard something in his message and formed two or three messages from.

I for one hate this because of his age. He's young vibrant, and a man who is truly great at what he does and you can tell the favor of God is on his life. I remember the point at the Assembly was "Think Younger" right? How can we think "YOUNGER" when they are leaving the COG? That bothers me, truly bothers me. Yes, the COG has a "SYSTEM", and it's very easily most of us will be lost in that "SYSTEM". Yes, the COG has problems what man made organization doesn't? I hurt for this denomination that I love in the COG for the future... I am 5th Generation COG as an Ordained Minister (Bishop), and 6th Generation in the COG-while my kids are 6th generation as a Ordained Minister/ Bishop (Girl & Boys), while being "7th GENERATION" in the Church of God! I have a heritage I was raised at the Assembly's, Camp Meetings, District Meetings, and whatever else the COG had to offer as a kid. I remember living on the N. Ga. Camp Grounds (Doraville Campus) and lying in bed because mom (Gerald & "Sherry Justus") would bring us kids home during altar service because it would go on and on since school was the next day. While laying down I could hear Dr. Ray H. Hughes still on the mic, Dr. T.L. Lowery, Dr. Lamar Vest, Dr. J. David Stephens, and many more! I truly remember listening to people shouting all over the place and just lying there in amazement!
I'm as COG as anyone and do what I can when asked of the COG in Florida I can when I can to assist Bishop Ivester & Admin.

BUT, call it pride or call it whatever you want... But I love THE COG having "BIG CHURCHES" on TV and having BIG NAME pastor's in the high lights on TBN, Daystar, or whatever else. Do they get special benefits? Sure, and should... To me this shows that the COG is that type of a denomination that is not just a MONUMENT but it truly is "Like A Mighty Army" that's pushing for souls and still empowering its believers as well as pastor's! I guess when I saw Kevin I saw hope for a young conservative yet "NEW YOUNGBLOOD" that didn't hold to tradition but was willing to do things "DIFFERENT" if he had to, to get things done. While I'm not close to Kevin nor do I want to because I want what God wants for my life not his... My stance is sort of a lot a like him in a lot of ways. He's a conservative yet he's not traditional and some REAL strict conservatives may look at and truly disagree... But, if he can back up his belief with the Word of God then that's fine! I guess I just saw a future there, and now it won't be for the COG for a YOUNGBLOOD with a wonderful church. I loved hearing what God was doing at his two campuses and knowing he was "Church of God". There's no jealousy here...No the church I'm at runs 140-150 and that's the most in the history of the church not 2,000+. However, what God has done here in 38 months is incredible and was said that it would never happen... So, God does different things with different people for a reason.

To me this was a dark day for the COG make no mistake now will it come out? Sure, he's not God, Jesus, or the Holy Ghost... But, make no mistake he's the Wonder Boy and there's unfortunately not one that I see out there who can push like KW did and make it happen. Where their problems? IDK. Did he leave because he didn't see something's were going to get pass @ the GA? IDK (& hope a couple don't). Did he leave because of his bible college? IDK... Did he leave because he couldn't go up any higher in the COG and not pastor his church? IDK Did he feel the COG couldn't take him no higher, and he could do better without the COG name? IDK. But what I do know is this...Rev. Kevin Wallace will be truly missed in the COG and I for one wish him nothing but the best and pray for both campuses Redemption Point and Redemption to the Nations!

Finally, if we don't train the YOUNGER generation we are going to lose the Church of God... By the way I'm 37 years old and next year is 20 years in full time ministry & yes, I'm young. But, I'm right now in my church mentoring 6 different ministries 1) Leaving for Nigera, Africa in two years for full time missions. 2) Youth pastor who is incredible the best young talent I've ever seen & my youth pastor days were in Florida and in N. Ga. I know talent! 3) A man who will soon be starting a church in Tallahassee, FL. area in the next year or two. 4) And another minister too who is helping with the younger...! (I honestly don't know if I'm mentoring him or he's mentoring me to be quiet honest) 5) A young teenage boy who has a call on his life that I'm mentoring for a future youth pastor! 6) Middle School pastor who has a lot of promise and is a woman! She's dynamic and will be a great YOUTH PASTOR one day!

Who are you mentoring right now? If you are not you better get busy. I'm done now but you know what it has bothered me, and I hope you can see a heart from a man/pastor who loves the COG-but sees a future that is bright and can also see a dead end for it too if we don't do something about it...

Good is the evil of Great. He reached for greatness and didn't settle for good!
-He must've read Jim Collins book "Good to Great"!

God Bless,

Pastor Jason Justus

Madison Church of God,

Madison, FL.

P.S. I don't hide behind a pen name... My Name is Jason Justus!
3/15/17 9:10 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Well said Rev. Justus.

Kevin Wallace accomplished much for the COG and Redemption Point.

It bothers me too.
3/15/17 10:03 am

Post georgiapath
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I have wondered whether or not the Redemption School of Ministry deal (and its property) might have something to do with all this. It seemed to me that there had to be a lot of resistance in the Cleveland hierarchy to the proposed placement of a new school of ministry in such close proximity to Lee and PTS. It also seemed to be a huge step for KW and RP to buy the Highland Park campus, if the only reason was to start a ministry school there.

They had also bought the Tn Temple college property close by, that possibly was where the school was to be located.
Acts-dicted
3/15/17 5:07 pm

Post georgiapath
Sorry, posted twice. Acts-dicted
3/15/17 5:15 pm

Post JLarry
Jason Justice where did you Dad pastor. I was in N. Ga. from 78-98. I am trying to place him. As a younger pastor I worked several youth camps. Maybe I worked with you.

I have been back around my home land since 1998, but I still miss N. Ga.

BTW, glad to hear you are doing good in Madison. Isn't this where the AG Camp Ground is located.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
3/15/17 5:59 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Thank you for your excellent post, Pastor Jason Justus! I agree with your comments.

The COG loyalty you speak of and I experienced from my youth seems to no longer exist or is becoming more rare. I am of your parents' generation, and "being COG" knit us together because our beliefs were so different than others. Youth camp & summer Bible school felt like home and like the only place I really belonged. "Being COG" meant you had an extended family. I do not see much of this type of loyalty among the younger generations.

I am sad to see Kevin Wallace leave our denomination, and I wish him only the best. He is doing a great work for God and I pray that continues. Why he left is important because as you said, things like this affect our future.

Thanks for sharing your heart & your concerns.
3/16/17 6:13 am

Post Jason Justus
JLarry wrote:
Jason Justice where did you Dad pastor. I was in N. Ga. from 78-98. I am trying to place him. As a younger pastor I worked several youth camps. Maybe I worked with you.

BTW, glad to hear you are doing good in Madison. Isn't this where the AG Camp Ground is located.

My father was a pastor in Bells Ferry 86-88 and then 88-91 at Trenton Church of God now known as Trenton Ministry Center! But we lived on the camp grounds from 84-86 and didn't pastor, just took a break and attended Doraville Church of God now known as Lawerenceville COG (Robert Herrin was there). I didn't work youth camps in N. Ga. until 2008-2010 but attended while a kid. AG campground isn't in Madison, FL...rather the 7th Day Adventist is about 17 miles from us here in Dowling Park. This area is pretty dominate Southern Baptist and I mean dominate... BUT oh the COG is moving Cool
3/16/17 9:45 am

Post HighFive
Jason Justus wrote:
JLarry wrote:

My father was a pastor in Bells Ferry 86-88 and then 88-91 at Trenton Church of God now known as Trenton Ministry Center! But we lived on the camp grounds from 84-86 and didn't pastor, just took a break and attended Doraville Church of God now known as Lawerenceville COG (Robert Herrin was there). I didn't work youth camps in N. Ga. until 2008-2010 but attended while a kid. AG campground isn't in Madison, FL...rather the 7th Day Adventist is about 17 miles from us here in Dowling Park. This area is pretty dominate Southern Baptist and I mean dominate... BUT oh the COG is moving Cool

Doraville COG became Pleasantdale after relocating to Pleasantdale Road under Pastor Jim Talley. It later moved to Duluth under Pastor Victor Massey and is now Life Church International.
3/16/17 11:33 am

Post caveator
Jason Justus wrote:
JLarry wrote:

That is interesting to know that your dad pastored at Trenton. Some great preachers have roots in that little corner of Georgia and Northeast Alabama.
Acts-celerater
3/16/17 1:54 pm

Post Bro Bob
Heading home for the weekend from Lee College in 1975 or so, I got pulled over by a Georgia State Trooper. The speed limit then was 55. He clocked me at 70.

He saw my Lee College Sticker on the back window and asked if I attended there. Yes sir. Are you a preacher's kid? Yes sir. So you know better, right? Yes sir.

Well, I pastor the ____________ Church of God. It is your lucky night. Slow down and be safe. Yes sir. Thank you sir.

If my memory is correct the blank should be filled in with Trenton. But I could be wrong. I do know it was the Trenton overpass on I-59 I had just come under.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/16/17 3:32 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Lest you think we are in our own little bubble here, I saw this thread posted on a friend's FB page today. Shocked

The discussion there said the reason KW left was due to his having a problem with women in ministry & younger ministers not being ordained earlier.

Interesting...
3/16/17 5:14 pm

Post If you want facts and not speculation... Andy Stevens
...visit the facebook page for RTTN Church. Video of KW sharing regarding the transition at hand. Hey, DOC
3/17/17 8:30 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic