Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Luther Strange defeats Doug Jones in AL special election, 62-37
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Luther Strange defeats Doug Jones in AL special election, 62-37 Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
How am I supposed to take you seriously? You are the one who keeps insinuating how unchristian it is for some of us to support Trump. I do not care how Christian and kind you might say it, it is still a personal attack against us. So please spare me the sermon, brother.

But for the record, I've moved on. Too many battles in the present and future to cry over one loss. The war rages on.

Please consider my previous post a formal warning concerning your style of posting over the last several days. How you choose to take that is up to you.

If you believe I am acting with a double standard and would like to offer me a rebuke concerning a specific thing that I said, I would be glad to receive and consider it. In the case of your example, which I'm not sure I even said to begin with, suggesting that supporting Trump is not in line with Christian values would be the same as suggesting a particular viewpoint is naive. It is fundamentally different than saying you, Resident Skeptic, are not a Christian because you support Trump. It is a statement about a particular position that does not attack the character of the person who holds that position. You have repeatedly attacked the character of posters in your posts over the last several days. Please do not continue to do that.

If you are issuing "formal warnings", then I take it you have authority to do so? In that case, I feel you are misusing your authority. I saw no "formal warning" against "Brother James" when he unloaded his angry tirade against me in another thread. I appreciate you defending me in that episode but at least be consistent in your distribution of warnings. That is not too much to ask.

Furthermore, I never attacked your character. I called you "naïve". Perhaps I should have said, "You come across as naïve" or something a little less blunt. But I did not attack your character. Thus, it is unfair to issue to me a formal warning on that basis. I actually see you as a person of good character.
12/21/17 12:09 pm

Post diakoneo
Bro Bob wrote:
Quote:
"You have repeatedly attacked the character of posters in your posts over the last several days."

Some info about the monument Moore placed: On top it had the 10 commandments. On all sides it had many quotes from founding fathers which went far beyond anything Moore ever said or did concerning their beliefs about the debt this nation owes its true creator.

We were not founded upon atheism. We were not founded upon Islamic law. ALL our principles, including the one you use in the above quote are founded in Judeo-Christian law. (Deut 19:15 et al, 2 Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 5:19, Matt 18:16 <<words of Christ himself) Why do you accept the charge of one person against our brother, ignoring the specifics of her charge being demonstrably false, and the comparison of her character to that of Judge Moore over the next 38 years which weigh incredibly heavy in his favor? Why? Why do YOU not follow the fundamental that you require of others in that quote at the top of this post?

The first amendment means what it says, no specific religion is to be a test of citizenship or is to be a state religion. But that doesn't mean that elected citizens have to abandon their faith, or in this case, deny that our laws came from whence they came.

Ignoring the fact mentioned earlier, that the Chief Justice of the Ala Supreme court is not equal to and does not have the powers of the congress (Congress shall make no law), Judge Myron Thompson, appointed by Jimmy Carter, who alone issued the order to remove the monument, refused to answer 2 major questions: If it had violated the establishment clause, then what LAW had Judge Moore made? Which religion does it establish?

It didn't. Christians keep only 9 of the 10, substituting the Lord's day for the Sabbath and mostly not applying the Sabbath rules even to it. If Roy Moore was saying the 10 cammandments WERE LAW, then it was a LAW he himself did not completely follow. Roy Moore was not in violation of the 1st amendment, he was dead in line with the right afforded by it, "nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Judge Thompson is the one who violated the 1st amendment!

This all came from an unhappy liberal Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) legal team, who lost in a trial before circuit Judge Moore in the Etowah County courthouse, who filed this same suit against him at that time, because he had a wooden plaque of the 10 commandments on the wall of the courtroom. They lost again. This propelled Moore into the Chief Justice office, because the people of Alabama liked it when a man would take a stand.

But the left didn't like it. And the republican backroom blue bloods didn't like it that he had replaced their boy that they controlled.

Sound familiar? (Luther Strange)

One unelected Federal judge issued a ruling inconsistent with the constitution. Some unelected crooked politicians removed Roy Moore without ever charging him with anything at all.

But a lot of lies were told then, that continue to be told and repeated long after being exposed. Lies being repeated here. And in politics, that does make a good man a bad candidate.

When he was again chosen by the people to be the Chief Justice, I challenged him to make a plaque this time and hang it over the entrance to the State Courthouse, with these words:

Quote:
GOD HAS GIVEN COMMANDMENTS UNTO MEN – FROM THESE
COMMANDMENTS MEN HAVE FRAMED LAWS BY WHICH TO BE
GOVERNED – IT IS HONORABLE AND PRAISEWORTHY TO SERVE THE
PEOPLE BY ADMINISTERING THESE LAWS FAITHFULLY – IF THE LAWS
ARE NOT ENFORCED, THE PEOPLE ARE NOT WELL GOVERNED.

This actually states Judge Moore's position more eloquently than the Judge himself (or you or I) can say it.

Had he made such a plaque and hung it over the entrance to the Alabama Supreme Court building, what would you predict would have been the result? Would such a plaque be allowed to hang in any public square, on ANY public building?

Thanks so much for this post!

You have given a very accurate summary of what happened and those who are not familiar with Moore's past should take note. Moore has rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way simply because he refuses to bend. He has made quite a lot of political enemies but his biggest failure in this past election was in defending himself and fighting a fight to show the difference between he and Jones. Getting out front of the cameras and drowning out the noise of 40 year old allegations with the truth of today. Basically hiding out and not facing this stuff head-on.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/23/17 10:39 am

Post Bro Bob
Quote:
GOD HAS GIVEN COMMANDMENTS UNTO MEN – FROM THESE
COMMANDMENTS MEN HAVE FRAMED LAWS BY WHICH TO BE
GOVERNED – IT IS HONORABLE AND PRAISEWORTHY TO SERVE THE
PEOPLE BY ADMINISTERING THESE LAWS FAITHFULLY – IF THE LAWS
ARE NOT ENFORCED, THE PEOPLE ARE NOT WELL GOVERNED.

In case anyone is curious, I saw these words on a plaque through the rain when visiting Cambridge Massachusetts. I pulled over and parked, and walked up and made pictures of it. They hang over the entrance to the beautiful City Hall building, where the first legal same sex marriage was performed.

Appropriately, they hang banners over this plaque to hide it when having gay pride demonstrations there.

But nobody has removed it, nor been removed from office for refusing to remove it. Now I wonder why that is...
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
12/29/17 10:05 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic