Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why I remain skeptical of Moore's accusers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Who is to say that Judge Moore was 30 & this former 15 year old might have told him she was in her 20's?

Are you talking about Leigh Corfman or Beverly Nelson?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/18/17 8:40 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
Who is to say that Judge Moore was 30 & this former 15 year old might have told him she was in her 20's?

Are you talking about Leigh Corfman or Beverly Nelson?

Either one Bonnie.
People have always fudged their age up & down.
At 30 he was single & maybe he looked like he was in his 20's.
Either or maybe both of these girls might have been impressed with his looks, money, car ...etc & who knows, maybe they lied to him & told him they were much older.
He's been married to the same woman for over 30 years & she is 100% backing him & believes him.
Why is it so hard to accept his side of the story?
Clarence Thomas & Anita Hill come to mind - she seemed believable until she wasn't. I remember the GOP base all but abandoned Justice Thomas until he was cleared.
My youngest son is 30 & he still looks like a college kid - college age girls approach him sometimes.
These things happen & Judge Moore was free to indulge since he was single & not living for God apparently.
However, he wasn't free to search for teen dates & so far there hasn't been any substantiated proof that he was "searching" for teens.
If proof comes out that he was targeting teens or trying to take advantage of younger teenage girls then we'll all watch him fade into the sunset, until then he's innocent until proven likewise.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/18/17 9:39 pm

Post Link
I'm not really following the case. I read bits and pieces on the Internet.

I do wonder if the left just decides to bring down some candidates who are too conservative. Herman Cain may have been seen as a threat. Maybe people would have voted for him in a general election because he was black. Some people did with Obama. My guess is that wouldn't happen a second time. But a conservative black candidate as conservative as he is might have moved the country in a different direction.

He gave a woman money. She said they were having an affair. His name was ruined. He said he was innocent. He pulled out probably to save his family the stress.

Now, there are accusations of a conservative candidate that has to do with teenage girls, more stigmatized.

But if it's true, that's another story.

Btw, it isn't illegal for a grown man to date a teen is it? I mean, unless it's somehow considered kidnapping because she's off with him and the parents forbid it. But that happens with teen boyfriends, and it isn't considered kidnapping. Sexual activity is illegal. Grown men (who are past a certain age) dating teens is stigmatized.
11/19/17 6:35 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
He's been married to the same woman for over 30 years & she is 100% backing him & believes him.
Why is it so hard to accept his side of the story?

Okay, to address these 2 statements--first having his wife believe him is not necessarily an ironclad endorsement. For example, someone brought that up when we were discussing Josh Duggar on this forum. The contention was that surely Josh Duggar had amended his ways or his wife would know that he hadn't. Well, it wasn't so long after that discussion that his wife was blindsided by the knowledge that he had an Ashley Madison account and had also had an adulterous affair. Also, for another example, I believe Jerry Sandusky's wife did not believe at first that he had done what he did. Now, all that is not to say that Moore is or is not guilty of what he is accused of. It is just to say that if he had done what he has been accused of, it is entirely possible that his wife, who is 14 years younger than he is, might not know about it.
Now as to the second part--what makes it difficult to accept his side of the story. And please note, to say it is difficult to accept his side of the story is not the same as saying conclusively that he is guilty. He does have some inconsistencies in his answers. If you note, he said conflicting things about whether or not he dated teenage girls, but from all witness accounts, he did date girls that he knew were teenagers. (And if you look at Corfman's picture, no she doesn't look older than 14.) He seemed to want to deflect to "evil forces" or persecution rather than facing what things actually might have transpired. I think the thing that makes his side of the story most difficult to accept is the people who say that Corfman told them years ago what had happened or that Moore had the reputation of seeking out teens.
We can all point to high profile cases of false accusations, but we would be remiss if we didn't also look at the more numerous cases of where women (or men) who had been molested who were making accusations were trashed as being either a crazy liar or a promiscuous liar. How long did it take for Bill Cosby's true character to be revealed? Why did that take so long and so many witnesses before people believed the women? Again, that doesn't make Moore guilty or not guilty, but the reality is false accusations have traditionally been rarer because the ones making the accusations have traditionally been trashed or just not believed. (And I have noted the pendulum does seem to be swinging, so I would expect the possibility of more false accusations in the future than perhaps there have been.)
Of course, there are questions that haven't been answered by the other side as well.
I remember when the Duke Lacrosse case broke. My first thought was that we would never know the actual truth about the situation. Fortunately, I think the truth did eventually come out. I'm not sure it will be as clear in this case.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/19/17 9:09 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I do wonder if the left just decides to bring down some candidates who are too conservative.

Politics are as dirty as you imagine, Link.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/19/17 9:14 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Btw, it isn't illegal for a grown man to date a teen is it? I mean, unless it's somehow considered kidnapping because she's off with him and the parents forbid it. But that happens with teen boyfriends, and it isn't considered kidnapping. Sexual activity is illegal. Grown men (who are past a certain age) dating teens is stigmatized.

There has been a cultural shift, I believe, in our culture in which it is much more stigmatized now than in the past. A couple of the women who say they dated Moore did not think it was strange at the time, but call it creepy in retrospect (part of that may be that they are looking at it through more life experience and part of it may be the change in cultural expectations). However, there does seem to be a difference even to people who might accept the age difference in one man dating one younger woman than in someone actively trolling malls or high schools for the purpose of dating many young women.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/19/17 9:21 am

Post interview with first accuser, Leigh Corfman (L) bonnie knox
https://www.today.com/news/roy-moore-accuser-leigh-corfman-shares-why-she-went-public-t119062 [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/20/17 10:05 am

Post Cojak
I just read a headline on the net that read 'Why hasn't Trump spoke out against Moore as he did Franken?'

I might be thick, or biased, but it seems obvious there is a picture of Franken and an admission. There is none from Moore. No picture or admission from Moore only so far Accusations and denials. Politically pretty smart to ride the fence whether the rest of us think so or not. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/20/17 12:17 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic