Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Prophets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Prophets Dow Moses
Hope this is a safe place to ask this question. Many Prophecies has been given that Trump would be Re-elected. How do we explain this to our church members that heard these prophets?
12/14/20 10:54 am

Post Re: Prophets The COG Apostle
Dow Moses wrote:
Hope this is a safe place to ask this question. Many Prophecies has been given that Trump would be Re-elected. How do we explain this to our church members that heard these prophets?

You tell them that every one of them were proclaimed by false prophets. Now, let’s get back to Jesus and stop with the Christian Nationalism movement.
Acts-celerater
12/14/20 2:41 pm

Post I’ve been waiting FLRon
And wondering how long is long enough before it’s “ok” to confront all those who spoke for God and declared that President Trump would get four more years. I’ve read literally dozens of these so-called prophecies and dreams that were supposedly from the Almighty, all of which were false. Our own General Overseer was taken in by Mr. Kent Christmas!
Where is the accountability? Where is the remorse for having lied? Is there to be no repentance for having led so many people astray?
12/14/20 5:13 pm

Post Cojak
Prophecy is truly a sticky subject. A leading evangelist in NC proclaimed and prophesied that someone close to me who had cancer " WAS HEALED and God said he would travel the world delivering the word." The subject passed away. The evangelist who was a friend of mine stopped by one of my job sites. I asked him about that.

His response, "Every thing I said was true. IS he not completely healed Now? Will his testimony not go around the world?"

Oh the spin. Amazing. Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/14/20 7:49 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Cojak wrote:
Prophecy is truly a sticky subject. A leading evangelist in NC proclaimed and prophesied that someone close to me who had cancer " WAS HEALED and God said he would travel the world delivering the word." The subject passed away. The evangelist who was a friend of mine stopped by one of my job sites. I asked him about that.

His response, "Every thing I said was true. IS he not completely healed Now? Will his testimony not go around the world?"

Oh the spin. Amazing. Crying or Very sad

Glad you confronted him but his answer was pathetic. I would write that Evangelist off my list.
Friendly Face
12/14/20 11:22 pm

Post Dow Moses
I’m not trying to be rude, but this is a reflection on the church. I believe in the prophetic. We see way to much that is out of order. The Pentecostal church movement pays a price for this. This is where biblical headship needs to come into to play. We all need a spiritual father or mother that can check us.
12/15/20 12:33 pm

Post shaunbwilson
Dow Moses wrote:
I’m not trying to be rude, but this is a reflection on the church. I believe in the prophetic. We see way to much that is out of order. The Pentecostal church movement pays a price for this. This is where biblical headship needs to come into to play. We all need a spiritual father or mother that can check us.

In my opinion, this is not rude; it is prophetic.
12/15/20 12:52 pm

Post Yogi Berra would say "Hold on there a minute!" spartanfan
I haven't seen a U Haul truck at the White House yet! Where are those among us who believe in miracles? Very Happy Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
12/15/20 10:50 pm

Post Re: Yogi Berra would say "Hold on there a minute!" Mat
spartanfan wrote:
I haven't seen a U Haul truck at the White House yet! Where are those among us who believe in miracles? Very Happy

You will not see a U Haul truck at the White House. Not a prophecy, but the White House is not a parsonage either. Very Happy

I knew a pastor who said that when he retired he was going to buy a used U Haul truck and park it in his back yard. His plans were to sit on the back porch with a bag of rocks and each day throw them at the truck. Laughing

As to both false prophets, and those who can not discern their personal desires from the Holy Spirit, it has amazed me how quickly so many denomination Pentecostal pastors and leaders have embraced the "prophetic" movement. I'm beginning to think this is an affliction they are suffering I like to call the "I-spoke-it-syndrome". The current wave of this syndrome seems to have come, not from China, but from the self-proclaimed prophet who prophesied that Bill Clinton would beat Bush. That made him in the media.

That event was like kicking a bee hive of those who proclaimed themselves prophets, as they began predicting everything form Super Bowls to monetary collapses. I attended one service where the "presidential prophet" predicted pregnancy of some of the young married women. His chances were good considering their age, but I noticed none of them were older.

Much as been made of my Great Uncle Homer Tomlinson and his behavior in his later years. There was a "vain" in Homer that ran deep to the prophetic, as he was always looking to fulfill it or proclaim it. 2020 may result in many a self-titled prophets living with their words and (social media) images for years to come.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
12/16/20 11:15 am

Post Very valid question....I can only address what I know... caseyleejones
It is true there are many who are defined as prophets that did say Trump would be re-elected.

I have listened to them since the election and some of them have actually stated that if Trump is not re-elected, they have a lot of explaining to do. At this point, the ones I read periodically are taking ownership.

Secondly, it is not January 20th. He is not president yet. However, admittedly, if God intervenes at this point, it will definitely be a Red Sea moment and likely the greatest miracle I have ever seen.

I did take one to task online that I do follow but removed it a day later. Some argued that he was re-elected but they cheated. Uhhhh...no, that's not how it works.

The office of the NT prophet is not the same as the old one. Still, if they miss it, they need to own it. So, we need to continue to pray.
Acts-perienced Poster
12/16/20 5:54 pm

Post Re: Yogi Berra would say "Hold on there a minute!" Cojak
Mat wrote:
As to both false prophets, and those who can not discern their personal desires from the Holy Spirit,......

2020 may result in many a self-titled prophets living with their words and (social media) images for years to come.

Mat

That in red is very descriptive of some, I believe it has always been so.

And the last of your post is a good 'weather forcast'' methinks. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/16/20 5:57 pm

Post Link
I wonder if one reason Trump has fought tooth and nail to stay in there and is convinced of fraud has to do with his hearing prophecies about re-election. I know he's heard at least this:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snn7JEugUzA>

I'm still praying he's in office again in January, and I want to pray in faith, but I am not too keen on the idea of the other candidate dying, being too sick, or a violation of the constitution, and would not want to pray for that. I'm not sure how it can play out without one of those alternatives, except if Biden bowed out. I guess I'll pray and let God sort it out. If that happened, just based on my limited understanding of the Constitution, that doesn't seem to be covered in the Constitution and it would probably go to the House. I'd imagine whether the election was valid or not, the electors' vote stands legally at the national level.
Acts-perienced Poster
12/19/20 1:24 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Link, did you post here that your wife prophesied that Trump would win? If so, how are you two processing all this? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/19/20 10:51 am

Post The COG Apostle
Every “minister” who speaks for God (prophet) who said that God says that Trump will be re-elected is officially false prophet. There are a lot of them. It’s sad to see. Acts-celerater
12/19/20 4:56 pm

Post The history of elections ... Mat
Link wrote:
I wonder if one reason Trump has fought tooth and nail to stay in there and is convinced of fraud has to do with his hearing prophecies about re-election. I know he's heard at least this:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snn7JEugUzA>

I'm still praying he's in office again in January, and I want to pray in faith, but I am not too keen on the idea of the other candidate dying, being too sick, or a violation of the constitution, and would not want to pray for that. I'm not sure how it can play out without one of those alternatives, except if Biden bowed out. I guess I'll pray and let God sort it out. If that happened, just based on my limited understanding of the Constitution, that doesn't seem to be covered in the Constitution and it would probably go to the House. I'd imagine whether the election was valid or not, the electors' vote stands legally at the national level.

Link, if you study the history of elections from the beginning of this nation, especially who could and could not vote, vote buying and out right fraud, your patriotism would be sorely tested. At one time only (white) men who were land owners could vote, there was widespread vote buying, as often elections and voting were public meetings, and corruption of public officials is as old as the bribe. The list goes on, so that even now, only when there is a sizeable victory across the country can be feel as if the one elected was "truly" elected. It does not seem laws and technology have given us a clear answer.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
12/19/20 5:04 pm

Post What passage do you base that on in the NT? caseyleejones
The COG Apostle wrote:
Every “minister” who speaks for God (prophet) who said that God says that Trump will be re-elected is officially false prophet. There are a lot of them. It’s sad to see.

The OT prophet has been done away with.

In addition, I don't know of two pastors that totally agree on the same theology. That means someone is wrong. Does that make them false pastors and false teachers.

The NT says to let the prophets speak and others judge. Why judge? Again, the OT prophet and NT prophet have nothing in common other than the name.
Acts-perienced Poster
12/19/20 9:50 pm

Post Re: What passage do you base that on in the NT? The COG Apostle
caseyleejones wrote:
The COG Apostle wrote:
Every “minister” who speaks for God (prophet) who said that God says that Trump will be re-elected is officially false prophet. There are a lot of them. It’s sad to see.

In addition, I don't know of two pastors that totally agree on the same theology. That means someone is wrong. Does that make them false pastors and false teachers.

The NT says to let the prophets speak and others judge. Why judge? Again, the OT prophet and NT prophet have nothing in common other than the name.

When someone stands before their congregation and says “thus saith the Lord...Donald Trump WILL be the president for the next 4 years,” they are not only a false prophet but are using the name of the Lord in vain. I have seen many of these videos circulating around social media.
Acts-celerater
12/20/20 8:00 am

Post Link
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Link, did you post here that your wife prophesied that Trump would win? If so, how are you two processing all this?

I'm waiting on how this plays out, and also running if its about a second term later. Some people may have prophesied a 2020 win. (I didn't follow everybody's prophecy who prophesied about this.) So I am not too quick to speak out about such things.
Acts-perienced Poster
12/20/20 10:18 am

Post Re: What passage do you base that on in the NT? caseyleejones
The COG Apostle wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
The COG Apostle wrote:

When someone stands before their congregation and says “thus saith the Lord...Donald Trump WILL be the president for the next 4 years,” they are not only a false prophet but are using the name of the Lord in vain. I have seen many of these videos circulating around social media.

Most pastors might be doing this, as you call it using the lords name in vain, every Sunday morning.
Acts-perienced Poster
12/20/20 1:54 pm

Post Same here...waiting.... caseyleejones
Link wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Link, did you post here that your wife prophesied that Trump would win? If so, how are you two processing all this?

I'm waiting on how this plays out, and also running if its about a second term later. Some people may have prophesied a 2020 win. (I didn't follow everybody's prophecy who prophesied about this.) So I am not too quick to speak out about such things.

But from what I have read, wiggle room does not exist.
Acts-perienced Poster
12/20/20 1:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic