Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How Far Do You Have To Drive To Work?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How far do you drive to work?
I work from home.
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
<15 min
31%
 31%  [ 10 ]
15 to 30 min
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
30 to 45 min
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
45 min to 1 hr
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
1 to 1.5 hrs
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
1.5 to 2 hrs
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2+ hrs
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

Message Author
Post How Far Do You Have To Drive To Work? Rev.Mike Bassemier
I drive 90 miles a day round trip to work. I get up at 4:30 am to leave by 5am. I make the 45 minute drive to arrive at work by 6am. The reason I get their an hour early is because this is the best time for me to study and do my morning devotion. Also I listen to some power sermons on the way too and from work. And you know even though this is a lot harder on me I'd rather do this than pastor a church. Rolling Eyes Acts-celerater
2/13/06 9:10 am

Post We live SCFIRE
42 miles from the church we pastor full time. Sometimes I think that is best. We are beginning a building project and this may cause some extra miles but I love it.....
2/13/06 11:03 am

Post Re: How Far Do You Have To Drive To Work? shaunbwilson
For three years I drove 34 miles to work. The Washington (DC) Beltway is one of the most congested roads in the nation. Sometimes it would take anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours (in the rain) each way.

A new office was opened near my house and I for the last year and a half, I've lived less than 2 miles from work. The new situation gets Thumb Up Thumb Up .
2/13/06 12:06 pm

Post I used to live 2 1/2 miles from my job, Green Eyes
but in October we moved to new and bigger facilities and I now have to drive about 20 minutes each way. Acts-celerater
2/13/06 2:15 pm

Post I am.... Phil Hoover
2 miles north and 3 miles west of my work place.

I take the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) every morning, and it can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 40 minutes....

Love it, love it.

Phil Hoover
Chicago
Acts-pert Poster
2/13/06 3:21 pm

Post Re: I am.... shaunbwilson
Phil Hoover wrote:
I take the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) every morning, and it can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 40 minutes....

Do you have the freedom of coming in "around X:00 so that it doesn't matter a whole lot that there's a 20 minute variance, or do you just get there 20 min early sometimes? If you're there 20 min early, what do you do with your free time?

Just curious.
2/13/06 5:12 pm

Post Re: I am.... Phil Hoover
ShaunThe wrote:
Phil Hoover wrote:

Do you have the freedom of coming in "around X:00 so that it doesn't matter a whole lot that there's a 20 minute variance, or do you just get there 20 min early sometimes? If you're there 20 min early, what do you do with your free time?

Just curious.

I know the trip will usually take 20-40 minutes, but I always leave my condo an hour before I have to be at work.

If I get in early, then I get a jump on all the day's work. There is no such thing as "free time" here....

I come early, stay late, and love my job.

The CTA Bus takes me one mile down to the Blue Line (the bus stops right in front of the condo complex), and then I walk two blocks, get on the California Blue Line train, and go eastward/southward five stops, and get off at the Grand Avenue stop, walk 2 1/2 blocks, and I'm at work.

LOVE it....besides, I hate driving!

Phil Hoover
Chicago
Acts-pert Poster
2/13/06 5:27 pm

Post look it OOCOOB
i drive 8 miles which takes 15 minutes in the morning, and in the evening it takes 35 minutes and maybe an hour in the rain. Newbie
2/13/06 5:38 pm

Post 1 1/2 miles youthpastorinAR
in the morning about 5 mins in the afternoon about 6 mins....Smile Hey, DOC
2/13/06 6:09 pm

Post I am retired. I stay at home. I love it but............ String Bender55
I am getting bored.
Mrs. String Bender says i need to get another job. So I am looking for one. I want a job where I work about as hard as I did at Ford. I am beginning to think no job like that exists outside of Automotive. Oh well, it was a good run!

I have a job lined up driving a van for Senior citizens. Taking them to and from Dr's. appointments, to the store and the mall. It is 30 hours per week. Just my pace!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/14/06 9:46 am

Post I'm Currently Living 1400 Miles From My Job BV COG
And let me tell you the 3 hour flight each way is VERY long plus the 2 hour trip to the air port each way seems a bit much too.

Acts-dicted
2/15/06 12:00 am

Post Re: I'm Currently Living 1400 Miles From My Job shaunbwilson
BV COG wrote:
And let me tell you the 3 hour flight each way is VERY long plus the 2 hour trip to the air port each way seems a bit much too.

You get a complainer in every crowd... Wink
2/15/06 9:00 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic