Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

United Methodists repeal ban on ordination of gay clergy

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post United Methodists repeal ban on ordination of gay clergy FLRon
https://apnews.com/article/acabe18fe22b6838e3005ad8895534fa

Yet another worldly, apostate denomination succumbs to the spirit of the age.
5/2/24 6:10 am

Post Ichabod 4thgeneration
How convenient that they allowed the conservative arm to leave the denomination, making room for this abomination. With conservatives removed from the conversation, they can now celebrate darkness and depravity under the guise of inclusivity.
But when people include what God excludes and what scripture excludes, their celebration is only momentary, as they shift lanes to the broad way that leads to destruction.

Ichabod...
Acts Enthusiast
5/2/24 8:46 am

Post Non practicing homosexuality - don’t ask don’t tell Sweethomealabama
The LGBTQ takedown of the Methodist Church was orchestrated by its headquarters. 20-30 years ago, no one would have anticipated the drastic doctrinal shifts that have occurred within the UMC. Massive lawsuits, similar to those faced by the Catholic Church, have brought the organization to its knees. As funds for The UMC Bible colleges, state offices, and headquarters dwindled, hard left organizations stepped in to fill the financial gaps in exchange for concessions in doctrine among the leadership.

A concept that has started to infiltrate other evangelical movements, known as "non-practicing homosexual," head pushed within the Methodist Church. This concept suggests that individuals can identify as homosexual, but as long as they do not act on it, they can attend church, be involved, and have full access to leadership and clergy positions.

This "don't ask, don't tell" culture of homosexuality has permeated Methodist congregations, including state offices, Bible colleges, and headquarters. These people never stopped practicing homosexuality. They just practiced under closed door policy. Under the guise of a "Methodist Monastery," lesbian and gay superintendents moved their partners into state-owned or headquarters-owned parsonages, claiming that there was nothing homosexual about it. Over the years, some of these roommates in the Methodist monastery became more open about their relationships and even pushed for marriage.

Years ago, a student in my church attended a "singles symposium" at Lee, a term that was being circulated within was the concept of a Pentecostal monastery. This concept was deeply concerning because of the damage the monastery system had inflicted on the Methodist Church. The student shared some of the papers and materials circulated for this symposium, which revealed that professors from other movements connected with our own were advocating for a monastery system within the Pentecostal church to explore spirituality.

It was alarming to hear that, in the old Sanctuary North Cleveland, a group of professors from other movements began preaching that the Pentecostal church needed a monastery system to explore spirituality. This was not the direction I wanted for my church or organization. However, as I see unaccounted-for foundation money creeping in, beliefs are becoming more diluted.

In the Methodist Church, some untouchable pastors were powered and emboldened by hq & state office to test the waters and make public statements that it's not sinful to have same-sex attraction. These pastors also were allowed with full backing of their HQ and state office to put questionably LGBTQ individuals in leadership positions without confirming their LGBTQ status. Whenever local members spoke out, they were ignored and gaslit to believe it was something else. Even worse, when other pastors within the movement started getting outspoken about how this was wrong and not biblical the state office of the Methodist Church and their headquarters would punish those pastors by selling their property, swiftly moving them to lesser churches to pressured them to quit Ministry in the methodist church. This trend is spreading within evangelical movements, and it's a cause for concern. Have there been evangelical movements that have openly allowed ministers within their movement to make statements that are contrary to the doctrine of the church? While they lie and say, the statements were misrepresented?

The Methodist denomination owns all property, and UMC churches that want to leave in various states are being denied the opportunity to do so and are being sued. These churches can’t leave because of legal judgments of the victims of the Methodist denomination. Their headquarters put those local churches down as collateral in exchange for a structured settlement of all these legal cases. The banks that own the mortgages and the lawyers that are owed money are not gonna let 100s of million if not billions of dollars walk out the organization where they won’t get paid. This situation raises concerns about what could happen in other Pentecostal evangelical movements. It only takes a few dominoes to fall before the churches find themselves in a situation similar to the Methodist church .

Indianapolis will be the most important meeting in the evangelical denominational movement, and I believe that there needs to be a clear stance against non-practicing homosexuality in the doctrine of all evangelical churches . If this is not addressed, there is a risk that financial donors and those with nefarious intentions could financially control movements , similar to how lobbyists influence organizations to adopt extra-biblical stances in the Methodist and other mainline denominations. Indianapolis has been a source of lobbyist money for a while under the guise of the Lily foundation. We need to be asking is the pushing psychology and the hiring of different In the evangelical movement is intentional to a big Pharma lobbyist agenda to train our pastors and hijack the movement.

Last edited by Sweethomealabama on 5/2/24 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hey, DOC
5/2/24 10:38 am

Post peterz3fo
I know of at least one Actscelerator who is celebrating this ... his Twitter feed reflects a sad descent into leftism. It is shameful. Rom. 1:22 Friendly Face
5/2/24 11:37 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
peterz3fo wrote:
I know of at least one Actscelerator who is celebrating this ... his Twitter feed reflects a sad descent into leftism. It is shameful. Rom. 1:22

5/2/24 11:57 am

Post Yes 4thgeneration
peterz3fo wrote:
I know of at least one Actscelerator who is celebrating this ... his Twitter feed reflects a sad descent into leftism. It is shameful. Rom. 1:22

It seems to be yet another sad choice to change your theology to make room for a family member's chosen lifestyle.
Acts Enthusiast
5/3/24 1:29 pm

Post Cojak
Before the term 'SPIN' was coined to explain a change of mind or a dogmatic statement by those who did not have any coins in the game people just said I have change my mind or Now I see it different.

Probably you have known a very healthy person who said "I will never take Radiation or Chemo for cancer. If God wants me to stay in this world HE will heal me. And then tragically that person I knew developed cancer. They said to me, "When a good Doctor says chemo or Death soon, you will chose the Chemo. I see things different now."

It is the same in a loving family when the son or daughter "Comes OUT!" most are floored and their mind begins to wander, it they are not careful they will listen to the "SPIN", because it now stares them in the face. Not everyone can face the TRUTH, when it breaks their heart. Life is tough, but HE is tougher and HE requires good soldiers in His army.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/3/24 6:09 pm

Post Global Methodist Church Mat
Many, perhaps hundreds of UMC congregations were able to leave the denomination over the last couple of years, and in many/most cases they left with their buildings. Many Pastors also left the denomination as well, even though it did in many cases affect their retirement and benefit plans. The new Methodist denomination which has emerged is the Global Methodist Church (GMC), and I think they are looking for pastors from the Wesleyan tradition.

Those UMC churches that did not leave the denomination retain the institutions and hierarchical structure, including properties, universities/colleges, various funds and endowments. What they have lost is perhaps the most committed and passionate members and ministry went it comes to believing the Bible and living a Christian life.

The UMC opening endorsing same-sex ministers is just admitting what was already the norm in most cases. The loss of the GMC congregations and pastors simply exposes the moral decay that started with their intellectual elites and top leadership (as has been pointed out).

The UMC takes their place next to the Episcopal Church, United Church of Christ and other such anti-Christ denominations. ANATHEMA MARANATHA!

Mat

PS There are going to be a lot of UMC Bishops and Professors chasing the same dollar in the future.
Acts Enthusiast
5/4/24 6:15 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
peterz3fo wrote:

Anybody what would celebrate such a thing is far from the good Lord.
Acts-pert Poster
5/4/24 9:32 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic