Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Evangelism dept. coming back??

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Evangelism dept. coming back?? Sweethomealabama
Has a timeline been announced for the reestablishing of the evangelism dept.? I heard at last meeting that there is a big push to bring it back. Is this an assembly vote tactic or is this really going to happen? Where is the funding coming from? What is the state of the planting bank?? Are church plants receiving funding or are church mergers getting the funds? Are mergers church plants according to the bank rules. What happens when a plant merges with an established church? Does that mean the funding stops because the money is merged especailly if the merged church was financially fine and paying its bills? Hey, DOC
4/27/24 3:50 pm

Post EV Dept 4thgeneration
From what Bishop Tim Hill has put out there, it will be on the agenda at the GA for consideration. His vision is that it not become a place to put tenured out EC members while they wait on eligibility. He even stated that he has told the other outgoing members that they must omit themselves for consideration in order for the measure to have potential to pass.

As to money, the idea is that with the debt eliminated at Headquarters there will be money to invest into this department for the purpose of accomplishing its intent. If the measure doesn't lay out "putting your money where your mouth is" then it won't have teeth. In other words it will be a grand idea without committed funding to actually accomplish anything.

My concerns:
1- It is being proposed as an elected position. IMO this makes it difficult to not have it become a political/popularity vote that results in the wrong person for the job. I would prefer the EC propose a qualified, gifted candidate for the consideration of the GC in a vote, instead of just an open vote for whoever is an OB that we like.
2- I have not seen anything to suggest dedicated funding at a particular amount that is to be invested in church planting and revitalization, and not used for salaries and expenses. "Show me the money!"
Acts Enthusiast
5/1/24 10:56 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic