Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Awesome T.L. Lowery Sermon (LINK)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: The Difference... Old Time Country Preacher
Aaron Scott wrote:
T.L. Lowery, above all other Church of God preachers, I imagine, had a reputation for miracles in his services, as well as the baptisms in the Holy Ghost.

Ray H. Hughes, on the other hand, was known as the greatest of our evangelists. He is my favorite preacher.

But when it came to what was being seen in terms of the power of God, I think T.L. Lowery's non-timid personality facilitated greater faith and response in people. He simply helped us believe that it was going to happen!

As for Word of Faith, etc., I reject your take outright. First, it's not wrong to believe that God heals and delivers. It's completely scriptural to EXPECT God to heal, work miracles, and the such. But to you, it is apparently error.

Well, here's how I see it: If T.L. Lowery saw the miracles that he did, all while believing as he did, then you need to take a vacation from your crusade against faith. If you'd been living in the time of the apostles, I can imagine you would be spouting the same nonsense there, too...all while God kept right on healing, doing miracles, saving, raising the dead, and so forth.

God's word nor Spirit will cooperate with your doubt.

No problem, Aaron, I knew you would not agree with my assessment. Notwithstanding, that is my assessment, and I believe it to be true.
Acts-pert Poster
1/15/16 6:27 pm

Post Sweethomealabama
I Watched this the other day. Its our legacy of healing in the cog. Hey, DOC
4/10/24 6:57 am

Post Re: Wayne, NO! georgiapath
Aaron Scott wrote:
Lowery simply pushes the books he believes God gave him--and he does it without apology. If you wrote a song, I'm sure you would expect royalties, etc. Same principle.

As for selling in church, first, it's not the temple. I dare say plenty of folks have sold chicken dinners in the fellowship hall, which, as everyone knows, the Bible tells us that it's OK to do it there, but not in the sanctuary (SMILE).

If you have something value, why would you "put your light under a bushel"? Yes, Lowery is bold as a lion. He always has been. It's part of what sets him apart as a man of God. He will pray for you on a commercial airline, in a restaurant, etc.--and do it loudly and boldly. Further, if God was as upset about it as some of us, I'm thinking that He'd let Lowery know...and Bro. Lowery would listen. Or He'd withdraw His anointing.

Folks, don't go to London and see only the mouse under the queen's chair.

Good post as always.
Acts-dicted
4/10/24 9:42 am

Post The Lowry's no longer live in TN FG Minister
They live in Heaven. Acts-celerater
4/10/24 1:33 pm

Post JLarry
If memory serves me right, T.L's parents attended the same church we attended when they were killed. We lived in Warner Robins Ga.

I first remember seeing T.L when I was 2-14 years old. I was born cross-eyed. He laid hands on me and I received a miracle that night.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
4/18/24 7:20 am

Post Sweethomealabama
JLarry wrote:
If memory serves me right, T.L's parents attended the same church we attended when they were killed. We lived in Warner Robins Ga.

I first remember seeing T.L when I was 2-14 years old. I was born cross-eyed. He laid hands on me and I received a miracle that night.

My first time seeing TL Was at the open air tabernacle on the Roanoke, Virginia campground. My lead pastor was speaking with TL and they called me out In the crowd for local church numbers evangelism that was many years ago. Every time I drive down interstate 581 in Roanoke I look over at that campground and remember the powerful moves of God.
Hey, DOC
4/20/24 7:05 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic