Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Who was the state overseer of Ohio when Ohio was reunified from Northern and Southern?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Who was the state overseer of Ohio when Ohio was reunified from Northern and Southern? Sweethomealabama
Who was the state overseer of Ohio when Ohio was being reunified? What about northern and southern Ohio who was the overseer above those regions during that time? seems like it was such a long time ago that we talked about reunification Hey, DOC
4/2/24 4:45 pm

Post Re: Who was the state overseer of Ohio when Ohio was reunified from Northern and Southern? postmodern
Sweethomealabama wrote:
Who was the state overseer of Ohio when Ohio was being reunified? What about northern and southern Ohio who was the overseer above those regions during that time? seems like it was such a long time ago that we talked about reunification

Perhaps I'm foggy on this. But I think it was Bill Isaacs.
Friendly Face
4/3/24 1:16 pm

Post Re: Who was the state overseer of Ohio when Ohio was reunified from Northern and Southern? Sweethomealabama
postmodern wrote:
Sweethomealabama wrote:
Who was the state overseer of Ohio when Ohio was being reunified? What about northern and southern Ohio who was the overseer above those regions during that time? seems like it was such a long time ago that we talked about reunification

Thanks post modern. So bill Isaac was the State overseer over reunified ohio.

Who was the last overseer of Northern Ohio and southern Ohio?
Hey, DOC
4/3/24 10:52 pm

Post Re: Who was the state overseer of Ohio when Ohio was reunified from Northern and Southern? postmodern
Sweethomealabama wrote:
postmodern wrote:
Sweethomealabama wrote:

I think Bill Isaacs was the overseer of Northern Ohio and then was over the entire state.

I don't remember who was over southern Ohio. I'm thinking it may have been Benny Triplett. But I really would need to check with some friends.
Friendly Face
4/4/24 1:44 pm

Post caviator
Some guy from TX who followed the merge and treated his whole office to a Brazilian stakehouse every time they got to sell a church or two. Guess some overseers caveat on cog properties more often than others. This by no means denotes that TN will split in Eastern vs Western. Hey, DOC
4/7/24 5:40 am

Post Anthony Lombard Restorationman
Wasn't Anthony Lombard the Overseer at one time? Friendly Face
4/7/24 6:19 am

postmodern wrote:
Sweethomealabama wrote:
postmodern wrote:
Sweethomealabama wrote:

I think Bill Isaacs was the overseer of Northern Ohio and then was over the entire state.

I don't remember who was over southern Ohio. I'm thinking it may have been Benny Triplett. But I really would need to check with some friends.

Northern Ohio was Bill Isaacs
Southern Ohio was Alton Bristow
Friendly Face
4/7/24 7:09 am

Post Sweethomealabama
I want to have a clear understanding as to why the state would be split or reunified. I do respect the cog model of State divisions. You look at other organizations like Pentecostal holiness and you’ll have a lot of overlap from different state Offices And unclear boundary lines. I would like to know why they do that, but that’s their polity and I’m not here to talk about their Polity. I can see where the CoG makes exceptions in states like Virginia where the Eastern shore of Virginia is cut off From the rest of the state. It makes sense for the eastern shore Virginia to be a part of Delmarva district. The panhandle of Florida makes more sense to be a part of Alabama for some parts of Pensacola Considering it’s closer to the Birmingham office then the Tampa office. A/G does put the panhandle of Florida In Alabama district because Birmingham is closer than the Florida State office for assemblies of God. It makes sense To add a state office In Tennessee for Memphis due to how far away to Chattanooga office is from them. But let me ponder for a moment wouldn’t make more sense to move everything to Nashville just like it would make more sense for Virginia COG office to move to Richmond or to a location more centralized. I do think Virginia does it right with regional camp meetings they make sure the state has it all divided nice and neat. I don’t know what the answer is. I know if you can’t get to that state office It’s hard to vote Regardless of if you have regional camp Meetings. What are the answers I mean, considering in the age of digital giving where millions of dollars is coming in electronically all over the world I don’t see why digital voting could not happen. But I could also see where there could be some big Time Glitches and mishaps in the process. Hey, DOC
4/8/24 9:39 am

Post CHURCH OF GOD IN NORTHERN OHIO, INC., APPELLANT, v. LEVIN, Sweethomealabama
https://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/rod/docs/pdf/0/2009/2009-Ohio-5939.pdf

Below is an article that is a little more easier to read

https://www.bdblaw.com/church-administrative-offices-denied-the-real-property-tax-exemption/

Was this the reason Ohio was reunified? I just wanted to know the reasons cause I’m trying to draw parallels to this with present day events Was Reunification done because northern Ohio lost tax exempt status of the property the state office occupied or was this a convenient public reason?

Court case
CHURCH OF GOD IN NORTHERN OHIO, INC., APPELLANT, v. LEVIN,

I asked this because of the similar situation Florida Cocoa once was in with back Payroll tax that was owed to the irs. I know this is paid off. But I sure thought For the longest that the reasoning was going to be to use back Payroll taxes As a reason to shut down or restructure the Cocoa state offices. There was so many eyes on the situation that it was better just reverse course and go another way. I suspect they’re going to go at it head on soon. So my question is was there other reasons Ohio state office had reunify. I know around the time they lost key pastors at some of the largest churches In the state. I was dear friends with the family of secretary at one of these churches. They were precious saints. I thought for a long time why would someone build a sanctuary then leave? I’m really curious about this because I like to study for history sake and who knows one day might end up in the Dixon Pentecostal research center.
Hey, DOC
4/21/24 1:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic