Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Has the Travis Johnson decision been made?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Misquoted by Link skinnybishop
FG Minister wrote:
Link. You attributed a quote to me that I did not make.

And BTW - I am not against TJ whatsoever. In fact, I admire his work as a pastor and his mission's work. I have never met TJ or the Professor. I just wanted these two men to sit down together and sort this out. That is the Biblical method. I was very disappointed when that did not happen. I just hate to see anyone's reputation damaged if in fact he is innocent. Many of you see the professor as guilty. I do not. It's that simple. We are looking at the same situation and are coming to two different conclusions. It happens every day. But I am not against TJ whatsoever. I just want these two men to do the right thing and settle this, and clear each other's good names. That's all.

They DID sit down together.
3/14/24 8:25 pm

Post Re: I Don't Understand caviator
Mat wrote:
The nature of politics would suggest that the Tennessee Bishop had a position, thus the TN board had a position. After all they are the Bishop's subordinates.

The funny thing is that TJ, known for his pro-women bishop stance, has now successfully produced a case which will remain the leading argument against women-bishops for years to come. Someone high up masterfully crafted this one as well. They used him in a similar way through the ToT ordeal back in the day, which he later regretted when they started taking the 5% from the missionaries instead of from the churches. But no one should suspect this had anything to do with splitting TN in two…
Hey, DOC
3/15/24 6:21 am

Post Re: I Don't Understand Carolyn Smith
caviator wrote:
Mat wrote:
The nature of politics would suggest that the Tennessee Bishop had a position, thus the TN board had a position. After all they are the Bishop's subordinates.

The funny thing is that TJ, known for his pro-women bishop stance, has now successfully produced a case which will remain the leading argument against women-bishops for years to come. Someone high up masterfully crafted this one as well. They used him in a similar way through the ToT ordeal back in the day, which he later regretted when they started taking the 5% from the missionaries instead of from the churches. But no one should suspect this had anything to do with splitting TN in two…

What does this have to do with the "Women as bishops" discussion?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/16/24 9:52 pm

Post Re: I Don't Understand georgiapath
Carolyn Smith wrote:
caviator wrote:
Mat wrote:

What does this have to do with the "Women as bishops" discussion?

That's what I wondered., and why he posted it 2 places. Think he wanted to make sure everyone saw it as if it was a big no no.
Acts-dicted
3/17/24 8:49 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I wanted to make a new topic - but I click on the New Topic button and it resets me to the Acts home page. HMMM.
3/18/24 6:55 pm

Post caviator
Same here. Comments also do not appear regularly or appear with delay, hence the unintended dual comments. Hey, DOC
3/19/24 7:21 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
I wanted to make a new topic - but I click on the New Topic button and it resets me to the Acts home page. HMMM.

It's working fine for me but I sent Shaun an e-mail and asked him to check it since you're the 2nd person who has said that.
3/19/24 9:34 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

It's working fine for me but I sent Shaun an e-mail and asked him to check it since you're the 2nd person who has said that.

E-mails did not go through so I sent Shaun a PM.
3/19/24 9:39 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Anyone get how the final vote went?

Shouldn't the men voting guilty or not guilty go on record?
4/3/24 9:44 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic