Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Who's out of order?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Who's out of order? Link
Consider this hypothetical scenario:

A pastor preachers and starts speaking in tongues through the microphone in the middle of his sermon. Right after he does that, someone in the congregation stands up and gives an interpretation.

After the sermon, the pastor calls this man aside and tells him he doesn't appreciate him giving an interpretation of tongues during his sermon.

Who is out of order?
Acts-perienced Poster
2/29/24 11:30 pm

Post Cojak
If it is truly the Holy Spirit, the Pastor is out of order.

In the early days of my life, most tongues messages and the interpretations were church members, both speaking and another interpretating.

Now it is always one specific member and the Pastor is always the one interpreting. Strange it is always in KJV use of the English language from scripture, rather than today's English. Smile

I remember very well as a kid in church, that silent period after the message is given out. It was like you could hear a pin drop before the interpretation.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/1/24 10:34 am

Post It depends on something... Aaron Scott
If the pastor was giving out a MESSAGE IN TONGUES, then I think HE would be out order.

But if he just speaking in tongues for a moment during the heat of a sermon, and it was not a MESSAGE in tongues, then I would suppose the other guy was out of order.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/1/24 10:49 am

Post Re: It depends on something... Link
Aaron Scott wrote:

But if he just speaking in tongues for a moment during the heat of a sermon, and it was not a MESSAGE in tongues, then I would suppose the other guy was out of order.

If preaching in tongues isn't out of order according to I Corinthians 14, what is? What's the point of all that stuff Paul wrote about tongues and order if that is the case?
Acts-perienced Poster
3/1/24 11:59 am

Post FLRon
I say the pastor is out of order. Of greater importance to me is WHY it bothered him that someone else gave the interpretation. If it’s of God why should it matter WHO it comes from? Then again, there’s a local CoG pastor here that has made it known that the anointing flows ONLY through him!
I’ll never understand how some people can be allowed to hold the position of pastor but that’s just me.
3/1/24 8:50 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic