Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Tennessee Overseer Responds To Travis Johnson Situation (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Uncle Makes a Great Point fire-starter
FG Minister wrote:
His pastor tells the congregation that EACH PERSON should examine himself. Each person. That means I am responsible for my heart and my beliefs - not those around me. If MY heart is clear before God, then I, as a believer, am now qualified to receive the Lord's Supper. I think this should go for the professor as well. Now, if in his heart, the professor is LGBTQ affirming - then Lee has a problem. If not, this man, as Link said, is in communion with the body of Christ! The body of Christ may or may not have members sitting near the professor on those two Sunday mornings, but if his heart is right with God and he receives communion, then he is fully in communion with the rest of the body of Christ - whether that body has members in TN or in Nigeria.

These are my thoughts as well. Yes, it is communion with the body of Christ, that is the universal church or the holy catholic church in the creeds, but the COG doesn't express a belief about how one might be in communion with a local church or another denomination just by receiving the eucharist they administer. We ask every person to examine their own hearts when they take communion, not the hearts of those around them or those who are in the church when they take it. The Roman Catholic church, on the other hand, does have an expressed theology about taking the eucharist outside of the RCC-- and they forbid it. They also forbid anyone not baptized in the catholic church to receive it when the administer it. Pentecostals have no such prohibitions.
Acts Enthusiast
1/23/24 12:25 pm

Post Re: Uncle Makes a Great Point Link
FG Minister wrote:
His pastor tells the congregation that EACH PERSON should examine himself. Each person. That means I am responsible for my heart and my beliefs - not those around me. If MY heart is clear before God, then I, as a believer, am now qualified to receive the Lord's Supper. I think this should go for the professor as well. Now, if in his heart, the professor is LGBTQ affirming - then Lee has a problem. If not, this man, as Link said, is in communion with the body of Christ! The body of Christ may or may not have members sitting near the professor on those two Sunday mornings, but if his heart is right with God and he receives communion, then he is fully in communion with the rest of the body of Christ - whether that body has members in TN or in Nigeria.

I think this exposes a weakness, or lack of development of COG (Cleveland) theology and Pentecostal theology in general.

The church in Corinth had some collective responsibility to deliver the fornicator sleeping with his father's wife over to Satan, not to keep company with him, and not to eat with him. It was for his own good 'that his spirit might be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.' And it was for the churches good-- because a little leaven works its way throughout the lump of dough. Paul speaks of keeping the feast, not with the leaven of malice and wickedness, with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. The Lord's Supper was instituted at Passover.

In Hebrews, the author warns the readers to look diligently lest a root of bitterness spring up that defiles many--lest there be a fornicator or profane person among you. A lot of people think of bitterness as just unforgiveness, but there is a connection here to fornication.

We have a collective responsibility to see if fornicators or profane people spring up among us.

Jude speaks of false teachers. In 12a, the book says,
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear:

Peter's very similar passage on false teachers says in
13 b 'Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;'

Peter uses this language in I Peter 1:19 in describing Christ like a Lamb without spot and without blemish. These refer to the flaws that an animal was not allowed to have if it was to be sacrificed in the temple or tabernacle.

The church had love feasts. I think that refers to communion. Some believe the eucharist ceremony was taken from a larger love feast ceremony. If a love feast is not communion, then it isn't really a part of our doctrine, but I think it is the same thing or intertwined.

Having false teachers or false brethren at the love feast was contaminating. It was like those flaws on a sacrifice to God that were not allowed. God was displeased with such sacrifices in the Old Testament.

Jesus had something against the whole congregation in Laodicea-- tolerating 'that woman Jezebel' who taught people to fornicate and to eat meat offered to idols.

In II Timothy 2:16-21 Paul warns against vain babblers, names two men, including Hymenaeus, who taught the resurrection had occurred, then said for the vessels of honor to purge themselves of the vessels of dishonor. From I Timothy 1:20, we can see that Paul had delivered Hymenaeus over to Satan that he should learn not to blaspheme.

When we partake in communion, we have fellowship with the body of Christ.

I Corinthians 10.
16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

I Corinthians 12:27 says 'For ye are the body of Christ...' In chapter 11, people in the church were hungry while others were drunken. After describing the way they partook of their supper and the origins of the Lord's supper, Paul warned that in verse 29 that "he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body."

We may think that examining ourselves before the Lord's supper is just an individual thing, but we should also consider our responsibility both in rightly regarding other members of the body of Christ, and our individual responsibility as a part of our collective role as a body not to tolerate false teachers and to bring restoration and confrontation to sin.

Collectively, we are supposed to look out for a root of bitterness springing up for the fornicator or profane person among us. We have a responsibility not to tolerate libertine false teachers.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/23/24 12:32 pm

Post caviator
Alludes to revealing intimate details from ongoing investigation.
But then again, nothing specific as usual…

What were the specific wording and posts that required action?
What were the exact actions taken by the 300-year committee?
Neither side has specified anything in particular.

Is this double-cross power play toward elections really aiming to solve a particular problem or once again just smoking mirrors while other pressing TN matters remain in the shadows?
Hey, DOC
2/6/24 11:01 am

Post fire-starter
caviator wrote:
Alludes to revealing intimate details from ongoing investigation.
But then again, nothing specific as usual…

What were the specific wording and posts that required action?
What were the exact actions taken by the 300-year committee?
Neither side has specified anything in particular.

Is this double-cross power play toward elections really aiming to solve a particular problem or once again just smoking mirrors while other pressing TN matters remain in the shadows?

Exactly how specific do you want it? lol. The posts in questions were on the Excellent Minister page of FB. I am not a part of that group, but others have commented who are and have seen the posts and comments in question. Perhaps someone will share here, but I am not sure why. The AB is pretty clear and specific about the charges. The committee is still meeting and investigating based on the posts here and on FB.
Acts Enthusiast
2/6/24 1:46 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic