Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

John Haywood passed away this moring

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post John Haywood passed away this moring roughridercog
I've known him most of my life and he was the epitome of a man who loved the Lord, loved his family, loved the Word, and loved the church. He has gained his reward.
I called him "one song Haywood" because when he was really feeling anointed, he'd sing that old song, "I'm Bound for that City."

You've made it, my friend.
12/15/23 10:24 am

Post The family has contacted me roughridercog
I've been asked to preach John's funeral on Tuesday. I told them that I would be honored. Pray that God gives me the right words.
12/15/23 8:01 pm

Post What a tribute roughridercog
Rev. John Wayne Haywood, 82, of St. Joseph, Missouri passed away Friday, December 15, 2023 surrounded by his loving family.

John was born May 5, 1941 in Columbia, TN, to the late Hattie and Robert Haywood. He graduated from Central High School in Columbia, TN with the class of 1960. Two years later, John became a credentialed minister, and in 1984 he earned his Master of Bible Theology degree from the International Bible Institute & Seminary.

On February 20, 1960, he married Doris June Fitzpatrick. For over 60 years, he and his beloved wife faithfully served the Church of God (Cleveland, TN), pastoring congregations in both Nebraska and Missouri and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with all who would listen. Rev. Haywood distinguished himself during his tenure with the Missouri Church of God State Council, as chairman of the Ministers Examining Board, longtime member of the Missouri Senior Adult Ministries Board, and a police chaplain. Lovingly and fearfully referred to as “The General”, Rev. Haywood mentored many young ministers over the years. Most notably, he spent the majority of his pastoral ministry shepherding the flock of Faith Valley Church of God (now known as Abundant Faith Church of God) in St Joseph, MO.

John enjoyed writing and sharing daily devotions on Facebook and spending time with his family. Over the years, he would drive miles to be present at the weddings, graduations and birthdays of his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Even in retirement, he continued to be active in ministry, preaching and mentoring other pastors until his death.

John was preceded in death by his first wife, Doris June Haywood, his parents, brothers, Richard, Robert Jr., William, Harold, Bobby, and Clarence Haywood, and his sister, Linda Tomlin.

He married Dollie Decker Edwards on June 24, 2023 and she survives of the home. Additional survivors include, three sons: Gayron Wayne (Sydney) Haywood, St. Joseph, MO, Steven Lane Haywood (Jeanetta Dickerson), Ottawa, KS, and Jon Darren (Dana) Haywood, Caruthersville, MO; thirteen grandchildren: Kari (David) Chairez, Ryan (Megan) Haywood, Alex Haywood, Ian (Sadie) Haywood, Max Haywood (Victoria Conroy), Stephanie Nelson, Ashley (Walter) Stufflebean, Cortney (Jacob) Bonea, Spencer Wayne Haywood, Steven Haywood, Spencer Jacob (Lauren) Haywood, Casey (Amanda) Haywood, Taylor (Brittany) Haywood; 20 great-grandchildren; step sons: Dameon Edwards, and Duane (Jamie) Edwards; 8 step grandchildren and 3 step great-grandchildren; sister, Shirley Cooper, and brother, Mike Haywood, both of Columbia, TN.

The family will receive friends from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Monday at Rupp Funeral Home. Funeral services with public live stream will take place at 11:00 am, Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at the Abundant Faith Church of God officiated by Rev. James Martin. Interment will be at Memorial Park Cemetery. Memorials are requested to the Smoky Mountain Home for Children Missouri Cottage. Online condolences, obituary and public live stream at www.ruppfuneral.com.
12/16/23 12:22 pm

Post Cojak
My wife and I were privileged to meet John and his wife on one of our trips around the USA. He was a dedicated man. I have known several members of the church he pastored in Moberly and they loved the Man of God.
I am sure our Lord will anoint your words and inspire you.
Be blessed, he referred to you as a BLSSING in his life..
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/19/23 7:20 pm

Post John Haywood's funeral LINK roughridercog
https://webcast.funeralvue.com/events/viewer/95787
12/20/23 6:29 pm

Post Re: John Haywood's funeral LINK Cojak
roughridercog wrote:
https://webcast.funeralvue.com/events/viewer/95787

Thanks including this, I have a rough time hearing and keeping up but I liked the use of the mantle falling and awaiting to be picked up. Good evangelism right after that illustration. Sweet emphasis on giving ones life to God. It did not appear anyone in the congregation was 'ambushed' but invited.

Anyway, Thanks, Hope you & yours had a great Christmas.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/26/23 7:29 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic