Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

UPDATE to Sorry to be cryptic in a comment.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post UPDATE to Sorry to be cryptic in a comment. Cojak
I asked for prayer in a comment. I left sort of a mystery. Not a mystery but something one does not advertise.
My only knowledge of attorneys and courts is minor things, traffic and real estate transactions.

We have two sons, our family has spread to MANY now. Grands and great grands. When one hurts like most families, we all hurt. If you are not familiar with illegal Fentanyl (?) i would guess in the NeXT 2 years you will know it thru your family, church or friends. We have a family member released under a 100,000$ bond. He has faced 20+ yrs in prison and 125K$ in fines for over 18 months. Each trip to court only results in a continuance. Yesterday in court it was continued until into August. Many have been praying even in foreign countries. AT least this time it
Quote:
'appears'
prison time is off the books (Thank God); fines in half (it appears(?)). I am told in August it will be settled.

One requirement will be 'lock down' rehab. If you have knowledge of a Christian Rehab hopefully central Florida, I would appreciate the information.

Let me take this opportunity to thank each of you for the prayers. You will never know how much it means to me and my family. We are in our mid 80's I do not think we could have stood it w/o the Lord and PRAYERS,,,,

With a heavy heart I sat staring out the window this morning, I watched clouds forming. a mountain appeared to be there and an oddity happened. I have never saw anything form contrary to normal winds, but for about3-4 minutes a solid unmistakable CROSS appeared atop the MT. and I had the sweetest feeling I have had in over a year. Whether from my Lord or not, it was a reminder of who is in charge. My wife saw it also.
ANYWAY thank you all for reading and praying....

Last edited by Cojak on 11/14/23 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/21/23 3:41 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Praying [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/21/23 3:59 pm

Post Da Sheik
I wish I could help. It’s been years since my time in FL. Prayers my friend ! The older we get, the more our prayer list grows!! Acts Enthusiast
6/21/23 10:45 pm

Post georgiapath
Still praying. Acts-dicted
6/22/23 3:56 am

Post Preacher777
I am so sorry to hear this news and will keep you and your family in prayer. Friendly Face
6/22/23 8:11 am

Post JLarry
Teen Challenge

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
6/27/23 4:13 pm

Post This has been tough, sad, confusing and just plan hard for an old man Cojak
The case I mentioned was postponed again in August until this Month. It made for a great ??? 67th anniversary for my wife and I.
Just after our anniversary the case was finished.
The family member is our son, 61 years old. He was sentenced to 5 years in prison but will be allowed to do that on probation for the five years if he completes a year of rehab. Fines and costs of courts' there were costs each time he appeared over the last 18 months. My wife, I and his brother has been with him. The brother missed one time. Costs reach near 125.000. This will nearly break him, Sad 10 years ago he was worth over a million $ and a very good General Contractor.
We KNOW very surely if he had not been arrested when he was that he would be dead now.. Fentanyl had complete control of him. He had just sold a house and spent most of the money on enough fentanyl to kill many people.

He has been straight for all the time out on bond, tested weekly. Prayed regularly and seems to be living a Christian life. I say seems, This time and situation has took its toll on me. I am not well mentally and I know that. i hope to live to see him restored to a point I have no doubt.

He also is undergoing some radiation treatments for cancer and the judge gave him 6 months to report to rehab. He tried Teen Challenge but could not get a bed. He is accepted at Faith Farm Near Okeechobee and we are hoping it will be a blessing.

He had 12 more radiation treatments and plans to enter rehab in a month. We hope he doesn't take the 6 months.

The final statement the judge made was: If you skip out on this 5 year sentence, I will guarantee you 40 years in Prison. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? His answer was 'Yes Sir!'

I hesitated a few days on publishing this. It is not something to be proud of, we are ashamed, he has a wonderful family and they are crushed. I am praying that this is the best for him. I thank you again for all your prayers from around the world. I won't name folks but you know who you are. My wife and I love you and pray for you all and your work.

The judge also pulled his driver's license so the family is driving him around for the many places he had to go to fill out paper work including: Court offices, Police, Sheriff and the Prison.
Nothing has broken my heart like seeing my son fingerprinted and photographed.
9/27/23 7:09 pm

Post Preacher777
I am so sorry you and you, your wife and son have to go through these heart breaking times. My prayer is that you will see him fully restored and healed spiritually, emotionally and physically. I pray he has a revelation from God that he can have a testimony to and help other addicts which helps create hope and strength he turns his life around. Friendly Face
9/28/23 6:39 am

Post Cojak
Public records are good and bad. i just checked the total court costs, fines and fees. They are over $156,000, I did not realize it was that high.
Thanks for your support and prayers P777 God bless you and your work there.
9/28/23 11:32 am

Post georgiapath
Cojak wrote:
Public records are good and bad. i just checked the total court costs, fines and fees. They are over $156,000, I did not realize it was that high.
Thanks for your support and prayers P777 God bless you and your work there.

Prayers continuing for all.

Last edited by georgiapath on 9/28/23 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
9/28/23 1:32 pm

Post May the Lord grant you and your wife the years to see this come to a happy ending. Aaron Scott
Love ya. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/28/23 2:31 pm

Post Cojak
Thank you guys again. We drove him to his radiation treatments today. It appears they will allow him to get some restricted (hardship) license, but it could take a week or so.
We have never dealt with anything like this.

We too are praying that this is the beginning of a new life for him.
9/28/23 5:40 pm

Post Cojak
Thank you guys again. We drove him to his radiation treatments today. It appears they will allow him to get some restricted (hardship) license, but it could take a week or so.
We have never dealt with anything like this.

We too are praying that this is the beginning of a new life for him.
9/28/23 5:41 pm

Post UPdate Cojak
We drove our son who will turn 62 next month down to Okeechobee. We met some solid-appearing men with good outlooks. Learned that the founder of Faith Farm was raised Catholic but started the Farm program as a non denominational outfit.

The 'clients' of Faith Farm are required to read their Bible 30 minutes every morning. They also have service times weekly. The only time family can see the 'Client' is Sunday Morning Services and that is after the first 30 days. We can have NO CONTACT during the first 30 days. 'Clients' are required to work 45 hours a week that pays for their bed and food. This is one of the REHABS that is a 'no-cost' facility, but there is no pay for the labor either. It is hard to accept in a way, but in the end there is no out of pocket costs.

Our prayers are that this will actually WORK and the Lord can work in his life. We have personally known men that the REHAB actually worked and others that it was a joke.

We do sincerely appreciate your continued prayers, methinks that is all that has kept me going. You guys/gals are a blessing to me (us).

I have been asked about the $$$$ this has cost and I think I have said the money expended is our son's. He was at one time a wealthy business man, but his 'wealth' is fast going down the drain. He was a builder in past life and worked for every penny he has had, but Satan has helped him to get rid of most of it.
He is praying, he is 'trying to make things right with man and his family'. Our prayers are that Satan DOES NOT WIN!
11/14/23 11:02 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Cojak,

You said "we are ashamed".

From my vantage point - you stuck with your kid through thick and thin. If he was to have any chance at restoration to God - it was thru you and your family.

So, contrary to your statement, this might be your finest hour. Don't let Satan convince you otherwise. You've helped him get to one more chance.

Your son's last chance might only be like Samson near the end of life - but Samson is still listed as a hero of the faith.

I would guess many see YOU as a hero here - including your son.

That's the way I see you.

NBF
11/14/23 3:55 pm

Post Preacher777
Cojak, I want to 2nd NBF's comments. He did a great job of summarizing your love and prayers for your son. We will continue to pray that he cooperates with God and receives His power for a transformed life. Friendly Face
11/15/23 5:43 am

Post shaunbwilson
Preacher777 wrote:
Cojak, I want to 2nd NBF's comments. He did a great job of summarizing your love and prayers for your son. We will continue to pray that he cooperates with God and receives His power for a transformed life.

Third.
11/15/23 9:11 am

Post georgiapath
shaunbwilson wrote:
Preacher777 wrote:
Cojak, I want to 2nd NBF's comments. He did a great job of summarizing your love and prayers for your son. We will continue to pray that he cooperates with God and receives His power for a transformed life.

Third.

4th.
Acts-dicted
11/18/23 8:47 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic