Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Remembering

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Remembering Cojak
I remember all night prayer meetings for our troops and an end to WWII. I remember my mama's prayers late at night when she would awaken and start praying for Jr. who as in the Pacific in the worst of it. Jr. told me himself that mama told him of a specific night she remembered and had written down the date. Jr (my brother) said that had been the worst night of the war for his ship.

A friend of mine is dying. He has served the lord most of his life. He happened to be my pastor for 3 years. He is a Christian, a good man. Something special about him to me, I REMEMBER at least 3 sermons he preached.

One entitled :YOU cannot be right with God and wrong with man . That day I went home and wrote two letters of apology. One to a COG Preacher (Kin to me) and one to a wayward D in Law. I received an answer with in Days from DIL saying she had forgiven me and it was water under the bridge. I never heard from my nephew.
BUT I will never forget Bro C in Florida. I am not mentioning his name the family wants it private.
But When I think of my friend I wonder of all the sermons I have heard in my life, why does his stick out the most.
Do you remember any specific sermons YOU or someone else has preached
that truly made an impact?

A long time later I mentioned it and my Brother said, "Jack you will never know what that means to me, i wonder many times I preach and never know any results.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/14/23 10:32 am

Post Cojak
I know, I know all I do is REMEMBER, LOL But I will be 85 in a couple months and sometimes I think that is all I can do. LOL

My wife says I need to try harder, because i am losing my memory. That is very true.. I am in the early stages of Dementia and try to keep going, Acts does help me some... Smile
11/14/23 10:47 am

Post I remember several sermons that impacted me.... Aaron Scott
One was by Evangelist Ralph Clark (of Longwood, FL). He was preaching at the Melbourne Church of God (sometime from 1969 to 1972 or so). He preached on "The Three Little Pigs." I laughed with delight as he preached (I was only 6 or 7, I suppose), but the lesson was that it was important to build on a solid foundation, etc.

I remember Ronald Brock preaching the Florida Campmeeting (probably in 1979). It was the first Campmeeting where I stayed inside the entire service (before, I would be inside for a while, then walk around outside socializing with old friends, etc.). I was a teenager. On youth night, he preached on Joseph. Oh, how it moved us! I still recall seeing families hugging each other, weeping, perhaps relationships with each other (or with God) being restored.

I could go on and on--Don Tanner in a tent revival at the Manhattan Church of God in Tampa...my dad preaching on "Living Water" in Alva, Florida...on and on and on. Thank God for sermons that touch us!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/15/23 12:15 pm

Post Re: I remember several sermons that impacted me.... Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
It was the first Campmeeting where I stayed inside the entire service (before, I would be inside for a while, then walk around outside socializing with old friends, etc.). I was a teenager.

!

We did that at the NC camp meeting also, preacher's sons and daughters socializing. It was a special time for us. I look back and still think it was not a BAD thing. The fellowship was needed..

Any way My wife and I loved this comment. I can imagine someone who knew how to hold a crowd.. with the Three Pigs.. Also we discussed the Joseph and how that could REVIVE a family...

I remember my dad saying, I want to say at least ONE thing that my flock can remember all week.

I have held on to the gist of many sermons. But it thrills my soul to actually REMEMBER one enough to be digesting it for days.
11/15/23 6:15 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic