Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is HIS Yoke Easy?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is HIS Yoke Easy? Cojak
Matt. 11 Verses 28 to 30
[28] Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. R Standard V
---------------------------------------------

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. KJV
-------------------------------------

I can remember when we tried to make it as hard to live a 'Christian life' as possible. We became pretty Pharisaical i.e. if no jewelry is good then add the wedding band, you should not wear it either. We were married 16 years before I bought wedding bands, Wink
Women should not wear men's clothing, so women in pants is a no no. etc.

I remember a very sweet Christian lady relating about a former pastor, " He should PREACH! All he does is stand there, walk around a little and talk. He is a good teacher but NOT a preacher."

I did not say, but thought, I can't see our Jesus ranting and screaming. I see him sitting, talking and teaching.

In my later years I look back and remember the things i learned came from SS teachers and Ministers like Hayford and Conn.

With all the opinions and scripture translations i feel we have left the Simple Gospel, the simple facts.

I want to put a caveat here. DEEP Scripture delving and discussion is very good amongst Pastors, Preachers and Christian leaders. Men and women who can logically and prayerfully weigh opinions, scripture and facts. BUT in reality confusion reigns among the unlearned loving Christians. People who want to do what Christ wants us to do and make it to His Home in Glory.

WE Christians have been told "The Bible is the WORD of God, It says what it means and means what it says!"

What scares me is when a minister misstates himself in the pulpit, I have heard this twice in the last few weeks from a pulpit: "The scripture written says this, but what that really means is this."

I don't find it hard living a Christian life, should I? I love Him with all my heart. Give and support His work and am not ashamed that I am a Christian.

We have fought the worst battles in the last two years than in all our 85 years of this world. I still Love Him and still love and appreciate your prayers as I fight a mental battle.

God Bless you all, contrary to what some preachers say Serving Him is easy, rewarding and I feel blessed.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/7/23 10:29 am

Post Cojak
I am not against we common folk reading His word. I hope I do not come across as "If I remember right, during my youth I think I was told that the Catholic Church did not want or allow the laity to read scripture because they couldn't understand it correctly."

I have no problem when I come across what 'seems to be' a contradiction in Scripture' of saying, like the song of old, "I will understand it better bye and bye."
Cool Smile

Caveat:

Also much of my thoughts and opinions are tainted by the fact I am totally deaf
now except for implants. With my hearing I hear a lot of 'BAD' words coming from preachers who do not annunciate and yell a lot. True dat! Shocked
10/7/23 10:41 am

Post Cojak...two things Aaron Scott
For one, I wouldn't know any other way to live. I don't have a "past" out there that is beckoning me.

Second, there were some folks who came down from Kentucky each year to Tampa. They would attend our church. I still remember the man saying something like "I'd want to live this way even if there was no resurrection," or something like that.

Of course, we can't really say that, since we DO believe in the resurrection, but I understood where he was going. He loved trying to live a clean, wholesome life.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/7/23 3:37 pm

Post Re: Cojak...two things Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
For one, I wouldn't know any other way to live. I don't have a "past" out there that is beckoning me.

Second, there were some folks who came down from Kentucky each year to Tampa. They would attend our church. I still remember the man saying something like "I'd want to live this way even if there was no resurrection," or something like that.

Of course, we can't really say that, since we DO believe in the resurrection, but I understood where he was going. He loved trying to live a clean, wholesome life.

You gotta love that attitude! Cool
10/7/23 5:40 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic