Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Doyle

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Doyle Cojak
I never met the man, but for years respected him and his insights. I believe his tenacity changed the COG some for the better. ACTS gave voice to many who felt sorta left out. I guess this media outlet is not needed as much as it was and I guess that is good, but I miss reading the interactions and opinions stated here lately and in the past.

Yesterday my wife and I were remembering Bonnie I miss her. I never met her either but she did proof one of my books and did a good job. It was shocking that Bonnie made the announcement here on ACTS that she was diagnosed with a fast moving cancer and in 5 weeks she was gone. She was a breath of fresh air.

There are a lot of others I miss and wish them well.

Just thinking with my fingers today. I appreciate reading here and all that still contribute. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/17/23 9:33 am

Post sheepdogandy
I met Bro Doyle several ago.
He preached for me here at SPWC.
He was a true Christian gentleman.
I began to post here at his invitation.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/17/23 5:31 pm

Post georgiapath
We've lost a lot of good ones. I too have enjoyed being able to post here. Acts-dicted
5/17/23 8:19 pm

Post Doyle was a good friend JLarry
When I pastored the Dawsonville Ga. COG Doyle and I became friends.

Doyle had a great gift of encouragement. When I was at Dawsonville the church was very small.

Doyle was friends of people in high places in Cleveland. He always treated me like I was somebody. In those days I struggled with lack of self confidence. Doyle always made me feel better about myself.

Now I have a very good friend, Ron who does the same even though I don't struggle near as much.

When he started Acts he called and asked if I would serve as a Moderator.

I will never forget this special man.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
6/8/23 2:31 pm

Post Doyle was great caviator
Doyle was great when called meetings at the Varsity. Anyone else remember this? Just wish his website continues to be the alternative it was created for, and not just another push-venue for agendas from above. Hey, DOC
7/2/23 7:16 am

Post I miss him Aaron Scott
I believe that if a new history of the Church of God is done, much of the greater transparency and improvement in responsiveness to the field must be attributed to Doyle and Actscelerate.

It began with a newspaper he published and sent out.

It eventually morphed into Actscelerate.

Believe me, there was a time when virtually EVERY Church of God official was checking Actscelerate to keep abreast of the feelings of the field, take needed steps to ensure good PR for the COG, or in many cases, just because they found the wide-ranging discussion fascinating.

I understand that some of them even posted here under pen names. If I recall right, state overseers certainly posted at times (anonymously, for the most part, I understand), and even--so I hear--people in the Council of 18 AND UP.

The Excellent Ministry of the Church of God (Facebook page) came only after Doyle had paved the way for more open discussions. For that matter, the FB page is not really as open as Actscelerate, since posting under your real name can make you hold back.

We owe a great debt to Doyle.
7/4/23 2:13 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Yes and Amen!

www.spwc.church
7/4/23 4:57 pm

Post Really good post. Bro Bob
I just want to say that of all the fine people that are mentioned here, Cojak, you are the top of the list. I still occasionally pop in to see if anything interests me, and I always scan for anything started or commented on by you.

I remarried about a year ago and recently read to this wife a post you did about Regina's passing that I have saved, called THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

I haven't told Tom Sterbens yet, but this wife also lost a husband too soon, and recently lost her son in a tragic accident. Joy listens often to a song Tom shared with me that he wrote just before Gina's death called WAIT ON THE LORD.

Folks, we will never fully know the impact we have had for our savior while we are still breathing air.

If I have learned anything from losing Regina, it is to say things like this to people while they are still on earth.

No, you and I have never met. That doesn't matter. You are a real man. You are a real Christian. You are a brother.

BB
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
8/4/23 11:11 am

Post I second the motion, Bob Aaron Scott
Cojak was and is the kindest of all of us posters. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/4/23 12:45 pm

Post Re: I second the motion, Bob georgiapath
Aaron Scott wrote:
Cojak was and is the kindest of all of us posters.

I totally agree. Best of the best.
Acts-dicted
8/4/23 2:38 pm

Post Preacher777
Cojak overflows with love, humility and care for others. Now if he could just show us how to effectively preach sermons that would cause people to live with the same Christian character! Friendly Face
8/5/23 6:33 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic