Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump softening his stance on abortion (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump softening his stance on abortion (L) UncleJD
Just like he did when pushed to ban bump-stocks, he caves when he sees a big wave of current opinion, instead of sticking to his guns (pun intended).

Now, with a current slight majority of pro-abortion (only because the media won't show young people what abortion looks like, in my opinion), he is waffling on his stance on abortion. This is a man of little conviction when it comes right down to it. As I've said, I'll vote for him if that's the only choice, but during the primary I'm supporting Desantis

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-hits-desantis-abortion-suggests-6-week-abortion-ban-too-harsh
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/15/23 10:48 am

Post FLRon
I too will support DeSantis as far into the race as possible. What frustrates me is having no alternative but to vote for DT in the general election. IMO the Republican Party should have abandoned DT and went into finding his replacement years ago. Instead, per usual, they did nothing and here we are. Again.
5/15/23 7:45 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I have never trusted Trump’s ‘conservatism,’ much less his supposedly pro-life position. Sadly not surprised at all. His one basic principle has always been Trump. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/15/23 10:16 pm

Post Cojak
I realize I am not voting for a pastor nor Gen Overseer when I vote in a political race, but I still hope I can find some integrity when looking at candidates. Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/16/23 12:05 pm

Post Trump is NOT a Values-Driven Conservative FG Minister
He never has been. Trump is guided by electability. He was a democrat on social issues until 5 minutes before he came down the escalator. He adopted conservative views because he realized the conservatives in the Republican party would be more likely to vote for him. He pandered to gullible evangelicals who gave him their vote and were ready to elect him messiah! How many TV and radio preachers prophesied he would be re-elected? Lots! Now, finally, many evangelicals are ready to dump Trump as I did long ago.

Does it surprise anyone that Trump would change his mind on abortion? It shouldn't. He has no conservative values. He is going the way the electorate is going - he wants to get elected. He would put a Martian on the ticket if he thought it would garner some votes! Dump Trump! He's toxic, and he will not win if nominated.
Acts-celerater
5/19/23 7:52 am

Post Re: Trump is NOT a Values-Driven Conservative UncleJD
FG Minister wrote:
He never has been. Trump is guided by ..... he will not win if nominated.

I mostly agree with you, I hope he loses the primary. But in the general election since both sides will likely offer up candidates that are better suited for jail than the office, I'll have to vote for the party platform again, period. On another note, he's ahead of Biden in all the polls, so your statement gives pause to those of us who are on the fence about election integrity
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/19/23 8:25 am

Post Re: Trump softening his stance on abortion (L) uthdude2000
UncleJD wrote:
Just like he did when pushed to ban bump-stocks, he caves when he sees a big wave of current opinion, instead of sticking to his guns (pun intended).

Now, with a current slight majority of pro-abortion (only because the media won't show young people what abortion looks like, in my opinion), he is waffling on his stance on abortion. This is a man of little conviction when it comes right down to it. As I've said, I'll vote for him if that's the only choice, but during the primary I'm supporting Desantis

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-hits-desantis-abortion-suggests-6-week-abortion-ban-too-harsh
\

I get what you are saying...

Think about THIS!!

If Trump, claimed the election was stolen and HE was in charge of all U.S. Federal Agencies, what makes ANYONE 'think' a Republican will win in 2024, when Democrats are in charge of all Federal Agencies?

Hmmmmm
5/30/23 6:44 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic