Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Doyle, asking for an across-the-board amnesty....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Doyle, asking for an across-the-board amnesty.... Aaron Scott
Doyle,

Please consider just flat-out unblocking everyone. I'd like to see us remain a going concern, but we do need some more voice to keep things zipping along.

If we need to, then we can ban folks again if they cross the line. But most of the banned people have likely been locked out for more than a year--some perhaps even more than that. Surely they have served their sentence by now.

I was reading the other day and came upon the name Pelagius, and I remembered we used to have someone here who posted under that name. And many others.

Let's have a "Homecoming." If people don't want to stay, OK. If they do, great.

Please consider this.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/29/21 11:52 am

Post Re: Doyle, asking for an across-the-board amnesty.... UncleJD
Aaron Scott wrote:
Doyle,

Please consider just flat-out unblocking everyone. I'd like to see us remain a going concern, but we do need some more voice to keep things zipping along.

If we need to, then we can ban folks again if they cross the line. But most of the banned people have likely been locked out for more than a year--some perhaps even more than that. Surely they have served their sentence by now.

I was reading the other day and came upon the name Pelagius, and I remembered we used to have someone here who posted under that name. And many others.

Let's have a "Homecoming." If people don't want to stay, OK. If they do, great.

Please consider this.

Agree. Now that many rightfully distrust FakeBook, its time to revisit these older platforms where anonymity might actually be a thing. I'll advertise it on my Fakebook and MeWe accounts if it happens. maybe we can round up some fun.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/29/21 12:16 pm

Post Great Idea doyle
Aaron, we are totally OPEN to that on a case-by-case basis. I'm not aware of anyone being banned recently. One person posted something that went into Admin Review and he resigned in protest. However, he is back and it's good to see him on the Board again.

If you know someone who used to be here but has left, let me know privately and I will make contact with them. it is just like church. A few leave angry, but most just wander away doing other things. Churches are always glad to see those people return.

My text and phone: 404-933-1373. Email: writedoyle@gmail.com.

ABOUT A YEAR or so ago, our Tech Team and I discussed throwing the doors to ACTS wide open. Cancel the need to register and let it roll and see what happens. That's the way the Board was in the beginning.

THEY AGREED the idea was intriguing, but the internet has changed BIG TIME since those early days of ACTS. Our Tech Team cautioned that without registration, the Board would be flooded with thousands of automated Bots. They serve as volunteers. Every Bot would need their attention to verify its authenticity or not. The Bots don't know or care about what happens on ACTS. They flood the internet and look for any open door anywhere.

Contrary to perception, the ban list is very small. Most of those bans were put in to stop some posters from using the Board to make personal attacks.

We do not allow posters to make personal attacks against each other or leaders of the COG. Our goal is that Posters here should EXPECT RESPECT. If someone has a personal thing going on with someone, they need to do what the Bible says and make contact with them personally (Matthew 18:15).

However, posters are allowed to share their disagreement with a stated or promoted policy of church leaders. For example, when church leaders cancelled the past General Assembly, posts were welcome challenging or supporting that. Personally, I thought the decision was a good one considering the COVID situation. However, posters do not have to agree with me to share their own perspective on issues.

There is a major difference in disagreeing with a decision a leader makes than in turning that into a personal attack. Not always, but in some cases, asking the individual leader or leadership in general for more clarity on a decision, can resolve a lot of misunderstanding.

I can count on one hand those who will not be allowed to return to ACTS, but in my opinion, most could. They can registration or text or email me and I can most likely help expedite their return. I'm always open to healing any misunderstandings of the past.

Great idea Aaron. Thanks for sharing it. Your feedback or feedback from other Posters is welcome.

Doyle
writedoyule@gmail.com
404-933-1373 Call or Text
1/29/21 3:27 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic