Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Encourage your de-platformed friends to come back

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Encourage your de-platformed friends to come back UncleJD
The last year or so has seen attempts to silence the majority theologically and politically conservative and pro-Trump voices, then it started happening on social media too and not just here on Acts. But with a recent shakeup is it time to invite some of our deplatformed buddies back? At least this is a fairly good place for conservatives (both political and theological) to share their viewpoints. Like many others I've flirted with the idea of never coming back here, but I'm thinking we MIGHT be able to make a go one more time seeing as how the "safe place" of Facebook has turned out to be a platform of cancel culture and that any of us who share our true thoughts there are now targets for losing our voices and our livelihoods. I know chat boards are passe, but recent events on the dominant mediums have me rethinking things. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/26/21 11:06 am

Post Who has been "De-Platformed" by ACTS? doyle
There was some controversy about COVID postings. One person's Post went into Admin Review. He left the Board in protest saying our goal was to censor him. However, I have since seen him back on the Board. I'm glad he is back.

So, even though he disagreed with us, he was not "De-Platformed." If you know someone who was "De-Platformed" let me know so I can reach out to them. All communications with me are held in the strictest of confidence.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com
404-933-1373

Last edited by doyle on 1/29/21 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerate Owner
1/29/21 3:46 pm

Post Re: Who has been "De-Platformed" by ACTS? UncleJD
doyle wrote:
There was some controversy about COVID postings. One person's Post went into Admin Review. He left the Board in protest saying our goal was to censor him. However, I have since seen him back on the Board. I'm glad he is back.

So, even though he disagreed with us, he was not "De-Platformed." If you know someone who was "De-Platformed" let me know so I can reach out to them. All communications with me is held in the strictest of confidence.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com
404-933-1373

I was referring to the deplatforming of conservatives on social media Smile the part about Acts was just a jest based on a certain former mod that seemingly liked to bash anything "pro Trump". I rescind that part of my comment as the point was really about letting Acts become a place where you won't have to worry much about conservative opinions being shadow-banned.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/29/21 3:53 pm

Post Thank you UncleJD doyle
Thank you UncleJD. Your wise presence here is much appreciated. The former Administrator and Moderator is a fantastic guy. Loves the Lord and is in my opinion a Tech Genius. He is also a conservative. I have a lot of respect for his faith and abilities.

Not sure, but possibly his concern about some Trump posts, was because web-info spiders are programmed to scan the net for certain words. He may have been worried that the frequent use of the President's name would draw unwarranted attention to the Board.

Though some viewers post their political views, and that is OK, the Board's focus is faith, family, friends and church.

His voluminous hours of volunteer expertise on our behalf helped get the Board through some difficult behind-the-scenes technical issues.

D
1/29/21 4:37 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic