Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Marshal Law?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Marshal Law? Cojak
Just wondering. We received a call from someone who was scheduled to visit this weekend. They were sending their regrets but since President Trump will be declaring the country will be under Marshal Law, and the only travel between states will be 'essential' personnel only, they will not be here.
My wife told them, "We haven't heard anything about that."
He said that is common knowledge here in North CArolina.
There must be a reason for martial law, just what could it be?
Imma doubter anyway, congress would over ride that decree, right?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & shaking my head.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/13/21 1:41 pm

Post UncleJD
Its highly unlikely. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/13/21 2:16 pm

Post I'll Tell You Why FG Minister
Because all of the Martians who switched Trump votes to Biden are planning to invade the Capital. Isn't that what the Dear Leader said? Acts-celerater
1/13/21 4:45 pm

Post Link
You aren't getting the social media forwards. The story line goes that Trump will have the government shut down the Internet, use the military to arrest Pelosi based on the information on her laptop which was allegedly snatched during the Capitol riot, and restore the Republic. Acts-perienced Poster
1/13/21 5:09 pm

Post skinnybishop
Its a ridiculous rumor, because martial law, on a national scale, requires Congressional approval.
1/13/21 6:02 pm

Post Cojak
Link wrote:
You aren't getting the social media forwards. The story line goes that Trump will have the government shut down the Internet, use the military to arrest Pelosi based on the information on her laptop which was allegedly snatched during the Capitol riot, and restore the Republic.

Ah ha! but not funny, that is probably the source. I do not hang close to any sites except Acts, and Bloggers ville. The exception is when I get a notice that a friend is haveing a BD, I go and wish them a happy birthday and scan some long enough to get confused... Embarassed Embarassed
1/13/21 8:18 pm

Post Frantic phone call FLRon
Last night I received a call from a 78 year old sister from my church who was frantic with fear over all the baseless rumors of Martial Law being bantered about.

Seems people have been telling her to get to the grocery store while there was still food to be bought because the country would be on 100% lockdown effective January 22. She even told me she was afraid to leave her house, which explained her sporadic church attendance of late.

I told her she had nothing to worry about and that everything she was hearing was based on rumor and no factual evidence. I did remind her that because of what happened last spring with stores running out of certain items, she should be keeping a couple of weeks of food on hand just as a matter of routine practice.

The sheer volume of worthless information being spewed on the web is incalculable, yet there is no shortage of people willing to ingest it.
1/13/21 8:26 pm

Post Re: Frantic phone call Da Sheik
FLRon wrote:
The sheer volume of worthless information being spewed on the web is incalculable, yet there is no shortage of people willing to ingest it.

You said a mouthful !
Acts Enthusiast
1/13/21 10:21 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I'm hearing rumors of martial law but supposedly it was Trump who would do that on the 19th.

We need to have discernment and operate in wisdom, not panic and fear, but I can see where it's concerning.

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden shut us down but hopefully they'll give more than a few hours warning.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/13/21 10:32 pm

Post Cojak
Okay, I think Link hit the nail on the head also SB about congressional approval. I knew Congress with enough votes could resend any presidential order, that is a SAFEGUARD to dictatorship.

I just viewed President Trump's latest video. He called for "NO VIOLENCE AND OBEYING THE LAW" but DID NOT discourage protests. I do expect protests now, big ones. And I would not be surprised if some hothead doesn't bring an AR to show his stand. That is a menu for more violence.

I am a gun owner and support anyone's right to bear arms for protection. But a 'peaceful' open showing has a reverse effect, it appears to some to be a threat.

Personally I think the Biden Administration will be politics as usual, in the present environment there will be a 'get-even' period that Republicans should be ready to suck-it-up, since Trump has been so adamant to this end.
It is human nature, I have witnessed pastors doing it, have the 'get even attitude' I mean.

Crying or Very sad
1/14/21 12:02 pm

Post Re: I'll Tell You Why UncleJD
FG Minister wrote:
Because all of the Martians who switched Trump votes to Biden are planning to invade the Capital. Isn't that what the Dear Leader said?

Making light of an obvious election fraud in which millions of ballots were mailed directly to people whether they asked for them or not, then, in typical Jim Crow era Democrap fashion the ballot harvesters who had to leave their poll-watching intemidation posts in the 70s, were free to go door to door to apply their "you want me to fill that in correctly or let the neighbors know you voted for Trump" tactics, were left unchecked and free to commit fraud, is un American and stupid just because you didn't like the candidate.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/14/21 1:52 pm

Post Link
I have seen and heard a lot of material online. I get a lot of forwards. Many weeks ago, Trump supposedly had put a water mark on the fake ballots. Every week or so this time, he is going to pull something out of the hat and be the president.

Now, the story some are saying is that he has the national guard in Washington DC and elsewhere to prevent an uprising when he's sworn in and has Biden arrested. That would actually be a brilliant strategy if it were the case and his objective were to do that, but would that have had to necessitate organizing the uprising at the capitol... or just taking advantage of it? And how would all these guys on Facebook and alternative media platforms know about it? Supposedly, special forces snatched the laptops of Nancy Pelosi and others and got incriminating evidence.... which she supposedly had on a laptop she carried around with her.... From my perspective, I couldn't do such a thing considering the oath of office. Some people are presenting this scenario as preserving democracy. Supposedly, he has hard evidence about his political opponents collaborating with foreign powers.

I do realize that Trump is a brazen man in some ways and his ideas of what is the right course of action may not be typical when compared to other people's approaches. So I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of something like this. But the laptop thing does seem a bit far-fetched to me.

But the 'mainstream media' is also warning of armed protests and the national and state capitols.

The right-wing media feels a bit like conspiracy theory stuff. But conspiracies can be true (occasionally at least), too. I think what opened the door for this was the really low quality news, which is mostly editorial, coming out of mainstream sources for so long combined with Facebook and other big tech companies fact-checking practices. The quality of news is so low, it is hard to find trustworthy sources, so people are looking around for information. News sources produce the type of news their viewers/readers want to watch/read these days. That seems more important than actually reporting real news.

We already had a big stash of food from COVID and we are keeping it for future pandemics and other problems. I bought a huge bag (50 lbs) of field corn at the farm supply store-- not that not-fit-for-human-consumption danguerous-fungus-infected deer corn from Walmart. We have rice, soybeans (I think), flour. We bought a generator. I had been planning on it. I probably should have gotten it before the rumors. But just in case, we have that and a can of gas and the gas in the cars. The power can go out from time to time, too, so I figure it's good to have it anyway.

We already have two refrigerators here and two freezers. One freezer is the really big kind. I have a greenhouse with a hydroponic grow wall in it a friend made for us, but I haven't planted the seeds yet. I've got some mulch with nitrogen in it to throw off some heat as it decomposes.

Some shortages may be akin to self-fulfilling prophecies. Unjustified fear can lead to shortages at the store. Remember the toilet paper and chicken shortage of 2020 and stock when you can. I need to get another bidet or two.

Btw, it's 'martial' law.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/16/21 3:34 pm

Post Link Cojak
I am practically convinced your are crazier than I am. Not completely so, you still have a long way to go, but you are doing a good job of gaining on me. LOL
Good read, I had a problem deciding if you believe the conspiracy theories or are just making them up!.
But tomorrow is the breaking point. I have a son who is still expecting a miracle because some preacher he trusts KNOWS it will happen, TRUMP 4 more years.
This is all a bunch of BULL, me thinks. Now if Trump pulls this off tomorrow, I will apologize. Shocked Shocked Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

PS: Just in case, I have a few weeks of food and a generator here in the motor home with 100 gallons of diesel. Wink
1/18/21 10:07 pm

Post Cojak
My wife's last brother died, we are leaving Florida. We were told to buy groceries here in Florida because the folks in Gaston County, NC are flooding the stores. This person asked in line, "Are they calling for snow?"

the person behind said, "DIdn't you know tomorrow Martial Law goes into effect?"

I cannot believe this!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

The power of this FB junk! Crying or Very sad
1/18/21 11:11 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:
My wife's last brother died, we are leaving Florida. We were told to buy groceries here in Florida because the folks in Gaston County, NC are flooding the stores. This person asked in line, "Are they calling for snow?"

the person behind said, "DIdn't you know tomorrow Martial Law goes into effect?"

I cannot believe this!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

The power of this FB junk! Crying or Very sad

So sorry to hear about Sherry's brother. Please send her our love.

I had a procedure on Friday, so I haven't been to the store in several days but I also haven't heard a lot about those rumors online. Lord, help us, is all I know!

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world." Be at peace, brother.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/19/21 6:53 am

Post Re: Link Link
Cojak wrote:
I am practically convinced your are crazier than I am. Not completely so, you still have a long way to go, but you are doing a good job of gaining on me. LOL
Good read, I had a problem deciding if you believe the conspiracy theories or are just making them up!.
But tomorrow is the breaking point. I have a son who is still expecting a miracle because some preacher he trusts KNOWS it will happen, TRUMP 4 more years.
This is all a bunch of BULL, me thinks. Now if Trump pulls this off tomorrow, I will apologize. Shocked Shocked Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

PS: Just in case, I have a few weeks of food and a generator here in the motor home with 100 gallons of diesel. Wink

Whether things happen as they predict or not, there can still be a run on food at the stores, caused by the prediction. There could be some protests or civil unrest. If things are normal, I can still eat through the food stash in the house. We just have to rotate our food supply. There could be another COVID strain or another pandemic, too.

Storms could also leave me without power, so I was planning on getting a generator. It sounds like you have an ideal set-up for electricity. I'd imagine stocking up on food might be a bit hard in an RV. If you drive it around, you'd have to pay more in gas for every pound of food you haul around.

As far as the take-over idea goes, I read that the FBI was researching the soldiers at the capitol to make sure none of them were part of extremist groups. According to Facebook forwards, apparently, communicated through the words of someone who explained them to me, Trump has made sure to get loyal troops for what he hopes to accomplish.

Of course, I heard Trump had put watermarks on the ballots, and Trump had it all figured out and was going to have Pence accept votes for him to be president, and various other things about how Trump had this all worked out.

Our mainstream media is so biased, half the country views them as untrustworthy, so they are looking for news from online sources, which also may be just as unreliable. One might believe Trump was going to take over based on watching NBC or CNN, also. He dodged a question a few months back as to whether he would step down if Biden won and the news networks falsely reported that he refused to step down. They played the clip, then lied about what he said.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/19/21 9:51 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic