Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

"Christianity Today" Mag blames "White Evangelicals" for Jan 6th in DC

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post "Christianity Today" Mag blames "White Evangelicals" for Jan 6th in DC News & Views
Under the creative article title, "We Worship With Magi Not MAGA," Christianity Today wrote, "The atrocity was in large part brought to us by the white evangelical church in America."

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2021/january-web-only/trump-capitol-mob-election-politics-magi-not-maga.html
1/8/21 10:12 am

Post I can no longer trust "Christianity Today." Aaron Scott
It has become a voice for liberals and political correctness.

NONE of us liked Trump's worst attributes, but most of us liked his policies.

It has become standard to blame white Christians for everything that ails America. Racism. Poverty. War. Etc. It's just the convenient lie that the left tells itself to keep from acknowledging their own rank failures.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/8/21 11:49 am

Post Makes me glad ... Mat
Makes me glad I don't identify as an "Evangelical" and am not part of any of their associations. I'm also tired of other people defining me as "white" as the way they use it now it is pejorative, demeaning, contains prejudice connotations and qualifies as hate speech. I'm questioning my identifying as "American", as that word is derived from the name "Amerigo Vespucci" by Columbus and applied to the continent he ran into on his voyage. Both Columbus and Vespucci were Italian, and I'm not.

Maybe what I said above was a little "tongue-in-cheek", well not the part about identifying as an Evangelical, but this is not, I have not subscribed to Christianity Today for almost three decades and have no plans to do so.

Mat

PS A good question is, did Columbus really bring "Christianity" to the continents ands island he ran in to on his voyage to China?
Acts Enthusiast
1/8/21 1:26 pm

Post Cojak
I cannot digest most any article in a publication
because they are above my 6-8 grade vocabulary. But I can see some blame due Christian Preachers, pastors, leaders or 'prophets' for fanning our Presidents ego. Basically telling the man 'AND THEIR CONGREGATIONS' TRUMP WILL SERVE FOUR MORE YEARS.

Maybe I am blind and easily misled, but I got this 'FEELING' from my pastor, some of those interviewed and also our General Overseer. This 'feeling' from clips from the Jericho March. ....... GOD is going to turn this election around........

I have already heard the spins, it was ANTIFA (?) not Trump supporters. That breached the Capitol REALLY?
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/8/21 9:53 pm

Post I Am a White Evangelical FG Minister
I believe the 9 points of what identifies one as an evangelical. I voted for Trump twice - not out of choice, but because the alternatives were detestable. I tolerated Trump because I liked his policies. But I am not in the camp of 90% of my congregation that believes Trump is the Savior that God sent to preserve the USA. I am not one who supported Trump at rally's and signed petitions. I do not believe he is a person of faith. The man is a horrible person, however, he was railroaded by the democrats and the media.

I haven't read the article, but if they are positing the idea that white evangelicals are part of the problem and part of the problem with the takeover at the capital - of course, they are right. Evangelicals have looked the other way at Trump's numerous wives, adultery, lying, mocking, vitriol, and disloyalty. They have been told that he secretly makes fun of evangelicals inside the White House, yet the support continues. Why? Evangelicals have entered the political world and the way politics works is you often look the other way when you are getting what you want. Evangelicals jumped in bed with Trump and were a large portion of the 74 Million votes he received. White evangelicals MUST share in the blame. Again, I haven't read one word of the article, but you Trumpists can't walk away now. He owned you, now you must own him.
Acts-celerater
1/9/21 9:39 am

Post It is my opinion ... Mat
It is my opinion that a political church is a dying church. As a COGOP minister I am amazed that people who mock our denomination for the "of Prophecy" part of our name have so quickly joined the ranks for the "prophets" movement. Pentecostals have condemned those prophets operate in the flesh - like those who used prophecy for prosperity or get notoriety. Now, because the politicians offered them a set at the table, we used prophecy for our own desires. Christian's have a better table and operating in the Works of the Flesh will not be welcomed at that table.

We say repent, but we say the nation collectively needs repentance, as we want to news media, the tech companies, the educational institutions and the government to repent. The repentance we need must start in the pulpit and spread to the pew, before any think will happen in this nation. Someone said, "a mist in the pulpit is a fog in the pews," and I say, those who would try to explain away the sins of the church is nothing but a spiritual fog machine.

As your General Overseer said, its time the movement revisit the "sure word of prophecy" and stop listening to false teachers and prophets who just want to say things which please our flesh (lust). Read the OT prophets, the true ones were always contending with "gain-sayer" prophets who were telling the people how God was on their side no matter how they lived.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
1/9/21 9:40 am

Post The COG Apostle
It’s time for the church to repent for Christian Nationalism. Acts-celerater
1/9/21 11:03 am

Post Gerald Abreu
The church needs to repent of many things before they get to nationalism IMHO.
Things like: immorality, greed, arrogance, idolatry, judgmentalism, a religious spirit, drunkenness, abuse of power, nepotism, and favoritism to name a few.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Abraham Lincoln

There are two ways to enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams
Acts-celerater
1/15/21 2:54 pm

Post Re: I Am a White Evangelical Rafael D Martinez
FG Minister wrote:
Evangelicals jumped in bed with Trump and were a large portion of the 74 Million votes he received. White evangelicals MUST share in the blame. Again, I haven't read one word of the article, but you Trumpists can't walk away now. He owned you, now you must own him.

If the mob that stormed Washington two weeks ago were largely MINORITIES, if African and Latino faces were the vast majority, they would have pulled the stops and rolled the tanks long before they went up the mall.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/national/capitol-riots/capitol-rioters-get-police-deference-claim-congressmembers/65-cd39ec7c-23bb-4b05-9ff4-fbb053f28986

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
1/19/21 4:04 pm

Post Re: I Am a White Evangelical UncleJD
Rafael D Martinez wrote:
FG Minister wrote:
Evangelicals jumped in bed with Trump and were a large portion of the 74 Million votes he received. White evangelicals MUST share in the blame. Again, I haven't read one word of the article, but you Trumpists can't walk away now. He owned you, now you must own him.

If the mob that stormed Washington two weeks ago were largely MINORITIES, if African and Latino faces were the vast majority, they would have pulled the stops and rolled the tanks long before they went up the mall.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/national/capitol-riots/capitol-rioters-get-police-deference-claim-congressmembers/65-cd39ec7c-23bb-4b05-9ff4-fbb053f28986

Oh boy, Raf is woke now, good leftist divisive tactics there comrade. If it had been a BLM riot, they would have shot dozens of the capitol police (you see how this back and forth woke junk is going to go right?).

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dallas-police-ambush/protests-spawn-cities-across-u-s-over-police-shootings-black-n605686
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/20/21 9:18 am

Post Christian Nationalism? Peanut Butter
America is a country that was founded upon the Word of God. One Founding Father noted that America could not rightly govern itself apart from Biblical / Christian principles. I gladly hold to "Christian Nationalism" if it means adhering to the Founding Christian principles articulated by our Constitution and Bill of Rights. I do not believe America has a bright future ahead, which is contrary to all the false prophets that believe America will rise in brightness and glory again. While I love America, support America, place my hand over my heart for the National Anthem, (I guess that makes me a "Nationalist," again!) I also have the Biblical literacy to know that the glorious days lying ahead belong to the CHURCH and not our once glorious country! But I still love, salute, and appreciate this nation that was once "Under God," and I always will. Christian Conservatism is the answer to any nation’s ills! Friendly Face
1/20/21 3:30 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic