Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pastor DEAD, This scares me concerning concealed carry!

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pastor DEAD, This scares me concerning concealed carry! Cojak
Sheriff: Pastor dead, 2 hurt in shooting at Texas church.
A pastor in East Texas found an intruder hiding in the restroom of the Methodist Church. He pulled his pistol and ordered the man to give up or stop! The man took the pistol from him and killed the pastor.

If you are going to carry, whether you like it or not, you MUST be willing to pull the trigger. A weapon is NOT just to SCARE someone into submission.
This is a shame now a church is without a pastor and a family without a dad.

Many people do not need to carry a weapon even lawfully. Anyone carrying should consider that very carefully,
DO NOT TAKE ME WRONG I am completely in agreement with the RIGHT to bear arms.
BUT this situation is SAD. Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/4/21 12:17 pm

Post If you are not willing to pull the trigger... Aaron Scott
If you are not willing to pull the trigger, you just gave the bad guy a free weapon...and he may be perfectly willing to use that weapon.

I don't know if I could pull the trigger, but I trust I could.

I am reminded of that scene in "Saving Private Ryan," when the American soldier had the unarmed German in his sights...but allowed him to pass unharmed. I guess many of might have an awakening if it comes down to really taking someone's life.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/4/21 2:23 pm

Post Cojak
There are plenty of examples of the enemy giving a defenseless enemy a pass. I am sure many 'wanna be bad guys' will stop when someone shows a weapon, thinking that however, is a lot like gambling or betting your life. Crying or Very sad
1/4/21 6:27 pm

Post diakoneo
Cojak I thought the same thing when I saw this. I was also reminded of what happened to my first cousin who responded to his neighbor's(domestic dispute)screams. The husband was beating his wife. My cousin showed up with a gun to break up the fight. Somehow the husband got the gun and shot him. He didn't make it! If he just hadn't brought the gun, he would probably still be alive!

If you're gonna bring a gun, you better know what your doing!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/4/21 8:47 pm

Post Bro Bob
As Cojak said, it is not to be used as a threat.

The time for them to find out you have a gun is when they feel hot lead inside their chest. If you are not going to do that, then do not carry.

As for me, I would not kill to stop theft of property, only to end threat of innocent life.

So sad. So unnecessary.

BB
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/4/21 11:36 pm

Post I have a permi to carry a concealed weapon roughridercog
In Missouri, that entails a handgun, tazer, stun gun, billy club, nunchucks, and even a shotgun sawed off to one quarter inch over legal length.

I will pull my 45 for a physical threat.

Nut in the toilet? I'm too old to wrestle a guy in the stall. I would call the police.

But if I skin my smoke wagon, it's because I mean to fire it, not intimidate someone. I'd hate it to ever come to that, but I would do it to protect my family and friends.

Wrestling a nut in the bathroom is a job for the professionals.
1/5/21 7:26 am

Post skinnybishop
I had to draw a weapon once, on a guy who was trying to enter my truck, in a parking lot, in Lawrenceville, GA. Thankfully he backed off and I was able to drive away.

I am confident I could pull the trigger on another person, in order to defend myself, or my family.

Here is my biggest concern with using deadly force:

Despite the circumstances, you are likely going to jail, at least initially. Unless it is VERY obvious that you were defending yourself, you are probably going to be charged. You will have to hire a lawyer, and prove your innocence. Even if you successfully do that, you will still be a "killer" in the eyes of others...and you will risk confrontation/retaliation every time you show your face in public.

When you are faced with the decision to use deadly force, its a no win situation: If you don't defend yourself, you will be a victim of your attacker. If you do use deadly force, you will be a victim of prison, the media, an angry mob, or an act of retaliation.

It bothers me that if I'm attacked, I lose either way.
1/5/21 10:41 am

Post Cojak
SB, That is our population to day, that is for sure. Today you would be hero to few but not to the majority of the population, I am afraid.

However if you were defending your family, it might be considered in a much better light. But to some you will always have brought it on yourself by your actions. You will never be the victim to them. Sad
1/5/21 11:18 am

Post skinnybishop
Cojak wrote:
SB, That is our population to day, that is for sure. Today you would be hero to few but not to the majority of the population, I am afraid.

However if you were defending your family, it might be considered in a much better light. But to some you will always have brought it on yourself by your actions. You will never be the victim to them. :(

Exactly. The narrative will be, "Skinnybishop didn't have to SHOOT. Those 6, mostly unarmed guys, who surrounded him at the MARTA station, weren't trying to hurt him. All they were going to do, is ask him what time it was, and that so called preacher shot them in cold blood".
1/5/21 11:45 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic