Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

If you're unfortunate enough to live in Georgia...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post If you're unfortunate enough to live in Georgia... Aaron Scott
My wife is forcing me to go up to north Georgia to see Tallulah Gorge and the such, so, should be you be unfortunate enough to have to live in Georgia, I'd appreciate your advice on the following:

I am coming from Jasper, FL (the Valdosta, GA area) and wonder if you might know of some cool things to see/visit/experience and/or some good places to eat (that are not what is typically available elsewhere)?

I do not intend to go through Atlanta or Macon, staying for the most part on or east of I-75, and then returning to Jasper.

Yours suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/20/20 12:59 pm

Post Re: If you're unfortunate enough to live in Georgia... Link
Aaron Scott wrote:
My wife is forcing me to go up to north Georgia to see Tallulah Gorge and the such, so, should be you be unfortunate enough to have to live in Georgia, I'd appreciate your advice on the following:

I am coming from Jasper, FL (the Valdosta, GA area) and wonder if you might know of some cool things to see/visit/experience and/or some good places to eat (that are not what is typically available elsewhere)?

I do not intend to go through Atlanta or Macon, staying for the most part on or east of I-75, and then returning to Jasper.

Yours suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks.

I don't know good places to eat along your route, but when you get to Tallulah Gorge , there is a store overlooking the gorge which sells 'country store' themed stuff, jellies, American Indian stuff. They have some really good ice cream. The black cherry is good. It's not really the best time of year for ice cream, but it does taste good.
Acts-perienced Poster
11/20/20 2:52 pm

Post skinnybishop
Visit the Old State Capital
Downtown Milledgeville
11/20/20 10:05 pm

Post Cojak
My wife sid we enjoyed the trip there, so I am sure you will too. I wish I had my girl's memory! LOL Have a great trip that is beautiful country. Probably still some beautiful fall color. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/21/20 9:56 am

Post Thank y'all! Aaron Scott
We plan to go to Tallulah Gorge (may eat at Dillard House, but who knows?), and on return trip, to avoid the interstate, was indeed planning to go through Milledgeville--but had no idea it used to be the state capital!

And Link, if I can, I'll try some ice cream.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/21/20 7:34 pm

Post Re: Thank y'all! skinnybishop
Aaron Scott wrote:
We plan to go to Tallulah Gorge (may eat at Dillard House, but who knows?), and on return trip, to avoid the interstate, was indeed planning to go through Milledgeville--but had no idea it used to be the state capital!

The Old Capital Building still stands and is now part of a military school. Check out the Old Governors Mansion and St Stephen's Episcopal Church.

Lots of Civil War history in my hometown.
11/22/20 10:08 pm

Post Re: Thank y'all! Link
Aaron Scott wrote:

Let me know what you think. When I went with my dad, he got butter pecan. It makes no sense to me. I don't have anything against butter pecan, but it just doesn't make sense to me to order butter pecan ice cream when they have black cherry right there.

Let us know how the ice cream was.
Acts-perienced Poster
11/25/20 11:54 am

Post JLarry
Dillard House great

Smith House Dalinega us good. Much to see in Dalonega. Drive on down to Dawsonville and say hello to Bill Elliott. You might find him at Dawsonville Pool Room. Great Burgers there. Bully Burgers.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/29/20 9:59 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic