Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Win or No win, Do you know a Statesman?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Win or No win, Do you know a Statesman? Cojak
I had new tires put on my car today. The company owner was a bold Trump man. His signs said so. But regardless of Trump's win or lose, do you see a Republican Statesman on the horizon?
While walking the parking lot waiting for my tires i saw two old bumper sticker: "Vote for Cruz!" and one for, "Remember Jeb, He is RIGHT for US".
REMEMBER i AM IN FLORIDA NOW. Wink.

When this whole thing started over 4 yrs ago Jeb was my man. I thought he was a good Govenor for us. Most likely he is toast now. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/5/20 9:32 pm

Post Da Sheik
I’m of mixed ethnicity but I voted for Trump. Having said that, I believe the Republican Party is completely disconnected from the black community. Until that disconnect is fixed, we will see this scenario every election cycle. Trump’s campaign message was basically “things are better than they’ve ever been...we are winning !”

That does not resonate with the black community. I feel like the Trump campaign missed a golden opportunity. I do not believe Trump is a racist. Most of the black community does. The mainstream media pushes this narrative. Instead of talking about what a great job he has done, he should have tried to win the hearts and minds of the black community. We are not beyond persuasion.

The massive turnout for Biden is more indicative of distaste for Trump and the G.O.P. than it is for love of the Democratic platform IMHO.
Acts Enthusiast
11/5/20 11:10 pm

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:

The massive turnout for Biden is more indicative of distaste for Trump and the G.O.P. than it is for love of the Democratic platform IMHO.

I agree with you.

I am hoping for a 'statesman' who KNOWS that OUR country needs to be drawn together. I believe we should consider our neighbors as neighbors NOT adversaries.
I have been happy with a lot of the decisions made by Trump, but I have never liked his NY 'fighting' attitude. Our president is president of the whole country.

Anyway I sure hope a real Statesman shows up before the next election. Wink
11/6/20 11:22 am

Post My Dream Team for 2024 FG Minister
Nikki Haley for President and Tom Cotton for VP. Acts-celerater
11/6/20 1:48 pm

Post Re: My Dream Team for 2024 Cojak
FG Minister wrote:
Nikki Haley for President and Tom Cotton for VP.

At present, I would not fuss with that one.

A side note, does Pence stand a chance next time? I am not sure.
11/6/20 3:24 pm

Post Link
Da Sheik wrote:
I’m of mixed ethnicity but I voted for Trump. Having said that, I believe the Republican Party is completely disconnected from the black community. Until that disconnect is fixed, we will see this scenario every election cycle. Trump’s campaign message was basically “things are better than they’ve ever been...we are winning !”

That does not resonate with the black community. I feel like the Trump campaign missed a golden opportunity. I do not believe Trump is a racist. Most of the black community does. The mainstream media pushes this narrative. Instead of talking about what a great job he has done, he should have tried to win the hearts and minds of the black community. We are not beyond persuasion.

Trump missed a lot of opportunities. Putting himself in other people's shoes does not seem to be his strong suite. He should also have prepared for debates with specific details. For example, he could have had the Time magazine article quotes where he denounced the KKK and other white supremicist groups earlier in his administration and pointed out how offensive the question on the topic was.

One of the good things about Ronald Reagan is even if his political opponents did not like his politics, most of them probably liked him as a person. He also had a very clear philosophy, about big government, and communicated it well. Trump's 'Make America Great Again' is rather vague and has been used over and over again. I suppose one could cobble together a philosophy out of his statements about closed borders and economic protectionism.
Acts-perienced Poster
11/6/20 11:07 pm

Post Cojak
How do you feel about Pence? My opinion is sorta like mine of Cruz. I like both political stands, but for some reason they do not come across well on camera. Like it or not (IMHO) that is probably one of the most improtant factors in a man running in this country.

Surely we have a several young congressfolk or Governors who can fill the bill a a real Statesman. Shocked

PS: Don't even think of RR, he turns down every position offered to him! Shocked
11/7/20 6:58 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic