Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

When the COVID Vaccine is approved and available, will you take it?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post When the COVID Vaccine is approved and available, will you take it? doyle
There are no political considerations attached to the question. Will you take the vaccine it or not? If so, why do you feel comfortable in doing so? If not, what gives you pause in taking it.

D
9/28/20 6:39 pm

Post Re: When the COVID Vaccine is approved and available, will you take it? Richard L Shores
doyle wrote:
There are no political considerations attached to the question. Will you take the vaccine it or not? If so, why do you feel comfortable in doing so? If not, what gives you pause in taking it.

D

Nope.

But, I can see it becoming a requirement for kids to attend school just like other vaccinations are required before you can start school.

I am not a complete idiot; some pieces are missing.
Friendly Face
9/28/20 7:09 pm

Post UncleJD
yes, if its vetted well and proven. I'd probably wait one year though. IF some politicians politicize it or make it MANDATORY, I'd probably resist it at that point because that makes me suspicious being a deplorable.

edit
btw, I've been sick for 3 weeks, pretty sure it was covid, this answer was just in regards to how I feel about vaccines in general. I can wait a year BECAUSE I believe we all had Covid. I realized just now that I hadn't mentioned it in this post and it doesn't make sense without mentioning it.

Last edited by UncleJD on 9/30/20 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/29/20 9:10 am

Post Cojak
I am pretty healthy for an old man. I take no meds other than a 1 a day vitamin my wife 'STRONGLY suggests. I do not take the Flu shot so most likely I will not take the Covid shot when it comes around. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/29/20 5:54 pm

Post Change Agent
I don't usually take the flu shot but I will take it this November. I also will take the Covid shot after it has been out a month or so. I will pay attention to what the experts are saying, not the politicians. Acts Enthusiast
9/30/20 11:28 am

Post UncleJD
I won't need it for a year, then maybe if it is safe, we all got it and are over it. It was awful, but I'm nearly 100% better and I'm tasting things and smelling about 50% now, so that's good. The awesome thing is my dad (who got it first) is 72, he felt terrible for 2 weeks but never got too bad (I was worse), and my mother with COPD, diabetes, hypertension, the works, we were worried about her the most all this time, was mostly asymptomatic. Out of the 7 of us who had it, I was the worse, it was about three times as long as the worst flu I've ever had ( being 15 days as opposed to 3 or 4 on average), but not nearly as intense as a bad flu on a daily basis (I've had flu that made me feel like death would be better, but usually only about 2 days). I did experience the pain in my lungs, it was bad for about a week, I did a lot of praying and a lot of popping vitamin D, C, Zinc like I have since March in preparation for it.

I don't know if its weakening or if we just took all the right supplements for the last 6 months, but my dad seems to have got it from Church, about 15 people there got it including him, he spread it to the rest of us (not on purpose of course, its just life and I blame China, not people who are sick of living like prisoners). I do believe in social distancing and wearing masks (in crowds), and using sanitizer and washing, I don't believe in mandated church closures and still don't, but I would say be careful. My dad's church is small and they have signs up saying not to congregate in the lobby, but they do (did), and didn't take anything seriously. the pastor has now said that they are going to take it more seriously so people don't get sick needlessly, they will emphasize the exiting rules, have people on the doors to have everyone stay spread out, voluntary masks, mandatory spacing between families. Thankfully, I believe everyone in the church recovered, one of the ministry team did go to the hospital, but I think he came home after a few hours.

Last note, if you feel sick, don't get the mouth-swab test, all 7 of us did on the same day, and all tested negative, we then got sicker and sicker and lost taste/smell and had every single symptom. then found out about the church and several of them tested the same day we did at the same place, tested negative too. Obviously a bad batch because some of them went to another place and took the nasal swab and were positive. With all of us losing our smell and taste (seriously the weirdest thing I've ever experienced), there is zero doubt it was Covid, but I am going to go get tested for antibodies and plan to donate plasma to hopefully save some lives or at least help speed up their healing.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/30/20 8:50 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
It usually takes years to develop a vaccine. I will not take it unless it's a job requirement like the flu shot.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/30/20 11:24 pm

Post Yep! FG Minister
The day after it's available. Acts-celerater
10/2/20 1:06 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
UncleJD wrote:
I'm...smelling about 50% now, so that's good.

I've been around you.
You've never smelled 50% good.
Just sayin'
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
10/2/20 10:10 pm

Post georgiapath
Nope, I don't take the flu shot either. Acts-dicted
10/13/20 7:29 pm

Post COVID vaccine BishopsWife
Absolutely not! With NON-medical experts pushing the vaccine as they are (ie. Bill Gates) and Fauci .. NO! It is my belief that Fauci is part of the problem. Acts Enthusiast
10/19/20 11:00 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic