Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

And theses sign shall follow

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post And theses sign shall follow JLarry
I am disturbed. I am not seeing the "signs". In fact I cannot tell you the last time I saw a sign.

WHY?

According to the words of Jesus this should be the norm. "And greater works shall you do".

What's wrong?
When is the last time a miracle happened in your ministry. Yes I know salvation is the greatest but do we have to stop at salvation?

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
10/8/20 11:58 am

Post Link
I went to a prophetic conference at a nearby church. The speaker said getting a sign was something to consider when evaluating a prophetic word. He said if the speaker gets a detailed word of knowledge about you that other people could not know, that is an example of a sign.

I've seen a lot more of that sort of thing than I have healing miracles.
Acts-perienced Poster
10/8/20 12:16 pm

Post Cojak
No one likes these hard quesions Larry, Pick another one!
However my friend, I seem to place that 'reason' in the fact seeing a doctor in this day and time if simpler than using faith and trusting.

I 'HEAR' many miracles occur in poverty areas and third world countries. I look back over my life and remember healings when my mama or daddy visited the sick in homes where they had no insurance (many hadn't even heard of health insurance) and there were healings. Healings in my own family were when dad could not afford to take us to the doctor.

I don't know if that is blame or not. I know I have heard it taught that the miracle is that Doctors now learn more and are more available due to insurance.

BUT like I said, that is one of 'em hard questions. Shocked Embarassed Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/8/20 6:41 pm

Post Re: And theses sign shall follow roughridercog
JLarry wrote:
I am disturbed. I am not seeing the "signs". In fact I cannot tell you the last time I saw a sign.

WHY?

According to the words of Jesus this should be the norm. "And greater works shall you do".

What's wrong?
When is the last time a miracle happened in your ministry. Yes I know salvation is the greatest but do we have to stop at salvation?

I believe the word "greater" does not mean more stupendous but more in number.
10/8/20 8:11 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
In the Book of Acts, the miracles verified the message in the context of missions/evangelism. I don’t see the word promising us notable miracles if we aren’t reaching out for the lost. I think a big reason we don’t see miracles like they did in Acts is that we generally don’t have the apostolic missionary thrust they did. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/8/20 11:07 pm

Post Observation...... caseyleejones
I have talked with ministers in other countries and this is what they say.....let me just focus on what one Indian pastor who is pastor over 100 pastors...

75% of their converts came to the lord through a miraculous healing. They see healing quite regularly in their services. They pray and seek God or die. They have no medical care. These churches are getting explosive growth. The people there have a focus on Jesus. Worldly trinkets and distractions are non-existent.

I don't have the answer, but these are just a few observations from a minister who is having signs following.
Acts-perienced Poster
10/8/20 11:32 pm

Post I know I'm going to take a beating over this but.... caseyleejones
The view of God and the supernatural is not really a focus today. I remember talking to some old timers that basically had signs following them. But their faith was a 24/7 thing.

Personally, I think we have many distractions in our lives. We have another camp that says those things have been done away with. We keep the tongues part because that is the easy thing...but healings and miracles? We are told that is not for today.
Acts-perienced Poster
10/8/20 11:37 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I agree with Cojak and caseyleejones. We don't "need" miracles in our country. People have learned to trust the medical profession and most don't even think about prayer unless it's that they don't die.

When my husband was so sick with kidney disease, I believed Him for many years for a supernatural miracle. He promised healing, but that didn't manifest that way. I didn't understand it, but I finally decided He was God and could do this however He wanted. He did provide a kidney transplant which has kept my husband alive the last 7 years.

The greatest miracle we saw during this time was before my husband went on dialysis. His kidneys shut down completely and he was producing no urine for at least 48 hours. My pastor laid hands on him and prayed, and two hours later, he was producing urine again.

Doctors had no explanation as to how his disease did not progress for many years. Not many people go 20 years before having to go on dialysis.

AJ Tomlinson detailed in his journal from 1918 about going to lay hands on many sick people during the flu epidemic then. He came down with some symptoms but was up and about again the next day. His wife cared for several flu victims and he continued to lay hands on them and pray for them. One of the Lee students living in their home died from the flu.

We may come to the point again where we need to trust God...for things like the coronavirus that doctors have no cure for.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/9/20 10:52 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic