Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

You be the judge...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post You be the judge... Aaron Scott
Ex-army tech worker, 31, pleads guilty to murdering 23-year-old Utah college student Mackenzie Lueck after meeting her on a sugar daddy app then strangling her in his home

Now, if this man had raped her, it would be solely his fault. She would bear none of the responsibility.

But seeing that he murdered her instead, do you think she bears any responsibility for her murder? I mean, she clearly didn't sign up to be murdered, but, well, she did place herself in harms way.

What are your thoughts?

And then ask yourself why, in America at least, we don't see a rape victim as ever "asking for it," regardless of how flagrant her behavior might have been.

It's just not something I can fully grasp. The Bible asks where someone can take fire into their bosom and now be burned, but in some cases, it appears that we don't consider that.

What say you...and why?

(NOTE: This is NOT about the Lee University thing.)
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/8/20 12:34 pm

Post Cojak
The total blame is on the perputrator. The part of the victim is ignorance, stupidity and/or just plain trust.
I cannot see from my point of view anyone 'Asking to be attacked.' I know a spin can be put on the situations, but in the end the guilty one is the perutrator. Just my opinion.... Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/8/20 6:49 pm

Post Cojak... Aaron Scott
I do hear you--and I actually see it that way more than a little.

But TO ME, there is an element of Russian Roulette in some of these crimes. The criminal is the bullet...the victim is the player. Had they not been playing "Russian Roulette," everything would almost certainly have turned out different.

It is certainly the case that the criminal is not a mindless bullet. But if they have criminal intent in mind, they got the opportunity because someone was "playing the game."

It seems about like someone shooting their nose off playing Russian Roulette, then wanting to sue the gun maker.

I don't know--I know you have far more experience in life than I do, so maybe you see some things I'm not seeing. But as for now, it just seems that a person who purposely places themselves in situations that are unwise or dangerous, well....
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/9/20 12:21 pm

Post Cojak
There was a time in my life I wanted to put 'part' blame on the victim. When I was young 99% of cars sat in driveways, parking lots, etc with the keys in the ignition. My dad's did that into the 70s. (I will tell you a funny in a minute about that.)

But when they passed the law to make it YOUR FAULT (partly) if your car was stolen because you left the key in the ignition. YOu were tempting people to steal your car. Sure it is logical, but it ain't the crooks car, the sucker is completely guilty. (Yeah I am a little twisted. LOL)
NOW true story of a pastor:
My dad stopped by the a store and went in. He stayed awhile and came out, could not find his car. He went inside ad asked the owner to call the police. They dispatched a member of dad's church, Sgt. Claude Setzer. As the report was being made up walked the Local Mortician and asked what was going on? After hearing the story he said, "Mr. Setzer the preacher is mistaken. I just passed his house and his car is in the driveway.

Dad was frustrated and confused he later learned that the Mortician had driven his car to the parsonage and got a ride back. The key was it it of course.

Love you brother Hope you have a blessed day tomorrow!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/10/20 7:12 pm

Post Re: You be the judge... Link
If one person murders another, the murderer bears responsibility for the crime. But it is possible to make unwise decisions that put one in harm's way.

The same thing goes for rape. Some of the feminists get bent out of shape when someone tells young women not to get drunk and walk around alone in a skimpy outfit at 3AM in a dangerous part of town or she might get raped. They think that's blaming the victim. Telling someone to lock their door at night is not blaming the victim.
Acts-perienced Poster
10/11/20 8:00 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic