Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Kent Christmas Prophecy Return2020 (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Kent Christmas Prophecy Return2020 (L) Carolyn Smith
Bishop Tim Hill shared this prophetic word on Facebook that was given at the Return2020 event in DC this weekend. Powerful word!

https://www.facebook.com/bishoptimothymhill/videos/1032376910542650
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/27/20 4:44 pm

Post Wow! Aaron Scott
Well, why not? I say amen to it. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/27/20 7:25 pm

Post Carolyn Cojak
Was this meeting lately?

I ask for a couple reasons, one is my wife saw a friend on FB that attends Central, who was in DC in the last few days for a 'Prayer Walk' or something like that!

I cannot see dates of things now, for some reason. I like to have a time line to statements/prophecy's. On the net many times I get things that are years old and no date. I only know those because I remember them from the past.
This one I have not, but the crowds seem from the past. Curious, nothing negative is intended by my question. I cannot hear and understand speech that fast.
Thanks.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/28/20 10:45 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
In order for a great outpouring/awakening to occur, there must first be a great repentance throughout the professing church. I am 100% in favor of a great outpouring of God’s Spirit of course, but such things never happen unless God’s people repent and return to their first love. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/28/20 1:21 pm

Post QW... Aaron Scott
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
In order for a great outpouring/awakening to occur, there must first be a great repentance throughout the professing church. I am 100% in favor of a great outpouring of God’s Spirit of course, but such things never happen unless God’s people repent and return to their first love.

I would say that while repentance is ideal, God will work with those who are in good standing with Him, bypassing those aren't.

We still operate, I believe, under the last days promise of Acts 2.
9/28/20 3:49 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
How does one get into good standing with God, other than through repentance? If anyone thinks the professing church of today doesn’t need repentance, they are grievously deceived. The promise of the outpouring found in Joel 2 is predicated on repentance.

Joel 2:12 “Now, therefore,” says the Lord,
“Turn to Me with all your heart,
With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.”
13 So rend your heart, and not your garments;
Return to the Lord your God,
For He is gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger, and of great kindness;
And He relents from doing harm.
14 Who knows if He will turn and relent,
And leave a blessing behind Him—
A grain offering and a drink offering
For the Lord your God?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/28/20 4:09 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Agree 100%, QW.

I mean no disrespect to anyone in this thread, but the video sounded like prophetic Mad Libs to me. This is not how prophets spoke in the OT or NT, except for the false ones who only promised good things.

I also noticed a thread of nationalism going through what he is purporting God to have said -- a mention of the inauguration date, continued references to the 2021-2025 timeframe, and so on. That goes along with this prophecy from Christmas for 2018, in which he blasphemously (IMO) proclaims:

Quote:
The Lord also says, “the flag of this nation shall never fall to the ground in infamy and embarrassment.” But the Lord said, “I am raising it back up. And as you has honored the flag”, sayeth the Lord, “thou has honored Me.”

https://rockchurchtampabay.org/index.php/resources/prophecies/kent-christmas-prophecy

In the Bible, prophets were judged by one thing -- their accuracy. I urge everyone in this thread to read through the 2018 prophecy I linked and count the number of things that never came to pass.

I was deeply, deeply grieved when I watched this "prophecy" last night. I won't comment further and I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone in this thread. I do think we all need to be a lot more discerning.

Posted fearfully, and with love.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/28/20 5:01 pm

Post Cojak
I see nothing at all that is wrong with 'fact checking' prophets. I have said it many times, IF GOD SAID IT WILL HAPPEN, IT WILL HAPPEN. If I remember right the exception came about due to extreme repentance in the OT. I am no Bible scholar, so I could be wrong.
God is Good.... Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/28/20 5:24 pm

Post Da Sheik
I’m not a scoffer but the dates in the “prophecy” gave me pause. Is revival to coincide with the inauguration of 2021? If this is truly the Spirit’s word to us then should we surmise that Christ cannot return until 2024? I don’t mean to be a wet blanket but I had a different reaction than many in the comments on FB. Acts Enthusiast
9/28/20 8:42 pm

Post Re: Carolyn Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:
Was this meeting lately?

I ask for a couple reasons, one is my wife saw a friend on FB that attends Central, who was in DC in the last few days for a 'Prayer Walk' or something like that!

I cannot see dates of things now, for some reason. I like to have a time line to statements/prophecy's. On the net many times I get things that are years old and no date. I only know those because I remember them from the past.
This one I have not, but the crowds seem from the past. Curious, nothing negative is intended by my question. I cannot hear and understand speech that fast.
Thanks.

Yes, this weekend there was a huge event in DC called TheReturn2020. Look it up on Youtube and you can find some parts of it that were recorded. Daystar also broadcast it live.
9/28/20 8:59 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
In order for a great outpouring/awakening to occur, there must first be a great repentance throughout the professing church. I am 100% in favor of a great outpouring of God’s Spirit of course, but such things never happen unless God’s people repent and return to their first love.

That is what The Return event was all about this weekend. It's estimated around 200,000 people from all over the nation were there and the emphasis was on repentance. Jonathan Cahn and Franklin Graham were the main sponsors if I understand it correctly.
9/28/20 9:01 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Agree 100%, QW.

I mean no disrespect to anyone in this thread, but the video sounded like prophetic Mad Libs to me. This is not how prophets spoke in the OT or NT, except for the false ones who only promised good things.

I also noticed a thread of nationalism going through what he is purporting God to have said -- a mention of the inauguration date, continued references to the 2021-2025 timeframe, and so on. That goes along with this prophecy from Christmas for 2018, in which he blasphemously (IMO) proclaims:

Quote:
The Lord also says, “the flag of this nation shall never fall to the ground in infamy and embarrassment.” But the Lord said, “I am raising it back up. And as you has honored the flag”, sayeth the Lord, “thou has honored Me.”

https://rockchurchtampabay.org/index.php/resources/prophecies/kent-christmas-prophecy

In the Bible, prophets were judged by one thing -- their accuracy. I urge everyone in this thread to read through the 2018 prophecy I linked and count the number of things that never came to pass.

I was deeply, deeply grieved when I watched this "prophecy" last night. I won't comment further and I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone in this thread. I do think we all need to be a lot more discerning.

Not to argue, Dave, but I was struck by the authoritative way in which he spoke that you don't often hear anymore. I really don't feel this is a "God's gonna bless you with good things" kind of prophecy. He spoke re: several specific things. It is Biblical for prophets to speak directly to certain nations. Elijah prophesied to Israel (Judah) and Jonah prophesied to Assyria (Ninevah.)

I am not always the most discerning as far as people go (personally) so I won't say for sure this is from the Lord, but Bishop Hill felt that it was. I mean no disrespect to you, either.
9/28/20 9:25 pm

Post Let the prophets sit and judge roughridercog
May this be a realty
9/29/20 8:40 am

Post QW... Aaron Scott
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
How does one get into good standing with God, other than through repentance? If anyone thinks the professing church of today doesn’t need repentance, they are grievously deceived. The promise of the outpouring found in Joel 2 is predicated on repentance.

Joel 2:12 “Now, therefore,” says the Lord,
“Turn to Me with all your heart,
With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.”
13 So rend your heart, and not your garments;
Return to the Lord your God,
For He is gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger, and of great kindness;
And He relents from doing harm.
14 Who knows if He will turn and relent,
And leave a blessing behind Him—
A grain offering and a drink offering
For the Lord your God?

My point is that God CAN work with a very small group--those who are upright before Him-'even if there is not widespread repentance in the Church. He will bypass them to accomplish His purposes, if need be. Make sense?
9/29/20 10:06 am

Post FLRon
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Agree 100%, QW.

Quote:

Thank you Dave, for saying what I believe wholeheartedly. I typed out a response to the “prophecy” last night but deleted it because I knew it wouldn’t be received well here. Bottom line, I do not believe what was said was an authentic, authoritative word from God simply because it does not line up with what scripture says is coming.
9/29/20 8:25 pm

Post FLRon... Aaron Scott
FLRon wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Agree 100%, QW.

Quote:

Thank you Dave, for saying what I believe wholeheartedly. I typed out a response to the “prophecy” last night but deleted it because I knew it wouldn’t be received well here. Bottom line, I do not believe what was said was an authentic, authoritative word from God simply because it does not line up with what scripture says is coming.

I hear you, friend. But consider that while we know things will get worse, there is no Bible, to my knowledge, that claims that there cannot be, at the same time, an outpouring of God's Spirit.

I DO believe things will go down. But while that is clear in scripture, it is not clear that there cannot be a move of God at the same time.
10/1/20 10:19 am

Post DrDuck
The first thing I think when I hear "prophecies" like this is this; If this is from the Lord, is God saying by this that Jesus is not coming, at least until the prophecy is fulfilled. Acts-celerater
10/3/20 10:47 am

Post Dr. Duck...some thoughts Aaron Scott
DrDuck wrote:
The first thing I think when I hear "prophecies" like this is this; If this is from the Lord, is God saying by this that Jesus is not coming, at least until the prophecy is fulfilled.

You will recall how Jesus said that "for the elect's sake" those days would be shortened. But shortened from what?

In another place, the Bible speaks of God cutting things short in righteousness.

These verses are one reason that I believe Jesus could come tonight...even though I think the scriptures point to a post-tribulation coming.

But how?

Because the PLAN is cut short, the PLAN is shortened, etc. If and when God determines that His purposes have been met, He reserves to Himself the right to cut it all short.

Recall that Jonah DID NOT SAY that Nineveh would be overthrown UNLESS they repented. There was not "unless" included in the message. And yet God spared them.

A prophecy can be changed based on how people respond. God is going to punish a nation? OK, but not during the reign of this king of that king who repented and humbled themselves.

That's how I see it.
10/3/20 12:23 pm

Post Da Sheik
The political overtones of the message are difficult to ignore Acts Enthusiast
10/4/20 9:25 am

Post Link
Da Sheik wrote:
I’m not a scoffer but the dates in the “prophecy” gave me pause. Is revival to coincide with the inauguration of 2021? If this is truly the Spirit’s word to us then should we surmise that Christ cannot return until 2024? I don’t mean to be a wet blanket but I had a different reaction than many in the comments on FB.

Did Agabus prophecies mean that Jesus couldn't come back until there was a famine or that Jesus couldn't come back until Paul was tied up?
Acts-perienced Poster
10/4/20 3:34 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic